• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Andulvar
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    The older stallion seems solid, dependable; of course first impressions can be wrong, but over the course of many (many, many) years, Brennen has come to trust his first instincts until someone proves them wrong; and his first instinct says that this is the sort of person he could get along quite well with. The boy is more outgoing, and even though he is steady and very polite here in his approach, Brennen had seen them from a distance, and they had seemed very familiar with one another, even playful; perhaps their easy comraderie had been part of what drew him over to the duo.

Perhaps it was something else entirely – their genders hadn’t hurt, and neither had the fact that they both had wings. Undoubtedly it was some combination of all. The dark stallion introduces them both and Brennen commits the names to memory with a nod, and then considers their words. Trekori seems to know a little more of Beqanna, because he correctly identifies Brennen’s seascape home (or possibly just knows of one or both of them by name, associated with one another). The boy wants a cause – and that, more than anything, is the spark that lights the flame to the tinder that has been collecting inside of Brennen. A cause – Ischia has very little in the way of a purpose, to be very honest, but its Watcher certainly has lots of intents.

“Ischia is nice,” he says, and the somewhat dismissive way he says it, even as the thoughts are arranging and rearranging themselves in his head, says there’s a lot more coming, if they are patient enough to wait for it. And Brennen wonders if he can get it done? Garner enough support to bring his Brotherhood back to life on the Islands he has come to love? “It has all the basic necessities – food, water, shelter. It’s relatively easy to defend, and nicely private. People don’t have to trek all over it to reach other destinations.” The biggest obstacle, he thinks, won’t even be his Queen – it will be the purple creature who had sired her children. And ok, he’s not exactly offering the most stunningly great reasons for coming to Ischia, but hopefully they will value his honesty.

And maybe find interest in his cause.

“I do find the Islands beautiful. I am glad to make them my home, since my former Kingdom of many decades is gone, victim to the whims of the fae. But I find that it lacks a purpose, and I am disenchanted with the leadership.” Amber eyes have cleared of their whirling thoughts and are careful now, watching for any sign of reaction from the two stallions in front of him. “I would like to reform the Bachelor Kingdom, with all of the ideals of Brotherhood that went with it, and I would like to do so in Ischia. Someday…sooner, perhaps, than later.” He lets that hang between the three of them, momentarily wondering at his own audacity to even speak the words aloud, much less to total strangers.

Neither of them are stupid, that much is obvious. So they have to know that he is clearly talking of revolution at the best description, mutiny or rebellion if you’re being more crass. He wants to know how they react – interest? Disgust? Curiosity? And anyway, it’s too late to take the words back now.
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

@[Trekori] @[Andulvar] also I'm gonna send you guys a PM so look for that Smile

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Andulvar - by Brennen - 03-11-2018, 10:34 PM