• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Andulvar
    BROKEN VISIONS LET THE DARKNESS HEAL

Kori speaks proudly, it almost warms my heart. He says we are looking for intent, a worth case. That is true, I nod in approval at him as Brennen tells us more of his home. I focus intently on what the man says, speaking of Ischia. It’s isolated and has food- well that in itself interests me to it, I know that can not be all. And then comes his twist. It has fallen into the wrong hands according to this Brennen, most likely a lesser kingdom. That is a shame. But that’s not all he says, and my ears perk forward as I listen to his plan. A Bachelor Kingdom, focused on Brotherhood. And while this home would be something completely new to me, Askavi held fleeting kingdoms in constant war. Revolution and rebellion is something I’ve always known.

I admire Brennen’s idea though. It would be good for me to have a purpose in something, to be there for the rise of something better than what is existing. Not only for me though, but for young Kori. He needs somewhere he can become a man and he needs direction. I don’t know why I find that the bay will be trustworthy, but my gut feeling says that this is an opportunity for us. ”Well, I must say that sounds very tempting.”

I look to Kori, sure that by the sparkle in his eyes he is interested in this as well. However things can get messy in situations such as this. I’ve seen it happen first hand. We must go into it all knowing. ”I am curious as to what the current situation in Ischia is, what we are getting ourselves into.”

Even though I question, I think my mind has been made. I have never been one to ponder and dwell on this, maybe I should be. But my gut intuition has seldom failed me, and this is the best offer we have had though it the only. I like to think I could see Kori doing well in a kingdom full of brothers. It’s an ideal I could work myself into as well. It is certainly the intent and cause needed to drive and fuel a life.

While I would love to speak for the colt on this one, I think this is something he must chose for himself. I worry for a moment that he may not agree, he may not like this idea and wander off to find somewhere better. I hope he is true to his word when he said he’d find a home with me. Though I haven’t known him long, he is my only true companion here thus far and I feel the weirdest sense of responsibility and care for him.

”I am not sure where Kori stands but I am hoping it is where my thoughts are. I think it would be good for the boy and I to be in a Brotherhood, give us something to value and a cause. And you’re very straightforward, I value that. So, tell me Brennen, who are we up against? And what do you plan on doing now that you have my support.”

@[Trekori] @[Brennen]  

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Andulvar - by Andulvar - 03-14-2018, 10:14 AM