• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Andulvar

Trekori

i'm freezing, it's not winter yet
    but my fingers and toes
    are shivering beneath these sheets
    and i feel so alone
    i don't want to die, i want to sleep

Brennen starts in on his explanation of Ischia with all its perks, which do ring true in my mind: easy to defend, easy on the eyes, easy to live in. Plus, none of us here would ever have to get our hooves wet to access the remote island, the trait we all share providing ample means to do so otherwise. But I am not as concerned with these aesthetic qualities as I am with the cautious glint in Brennen's eyes - the one that wants to divulge something to us, a secret.

And, ah, we have been deemed worthy.

My eyes darken slightly as he starts into his mutinous explanation, but not because I disapprove - far from that, actually. I am enchanted by the idea, enthralled - I have never belonged to anywhere, and perhaps by helping to build my own place in this world, I would find that sense of identity I so desperately crave. Plus, a brotherhood... Noori had mentioned the Tundra a time or two since my birth, but I have only a rough idea of what the place was like. This new brotherhood would not be the same (unless Brennen could find more Original Brothers), but that's okay - because it would be ours.

Or, at least, it would be Brennen's; and he is one that I am willing (no, eager) to follow.

Andulvar digs into the bay pegasus first, and I listen, ear bent, to his fair and honest questions. What are we up against? A magician? An army of battle-hardened warriors? The devil himself? While it is a question that must be asked, I doubt that this stalwart gentleman would do anything so fool hardy, maybe ever. I squint a little at him while his attention is on Var, and try to imagine him at my age - but the attempt is in vain, and eventually I realize that Var has invited me to speak in his silence.

Clearly my throat, I reply. "Regardless of the details, I believe it's safe to say that you have our support, and in due time, our loyalty, too." It wouldn't be a long time, my eyes convey to him - by my rigid posture and Var's, too, it is obvious that we are eager for this, almost thrumming with a life energy. And not for the Ischia that we will be taken to, but for the one that Brennen shall lead us to. "We will accompany you to Ischia, Brennen. Lead the way."

@[Brennen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Andulvar - by Trekori - 03-16-2018, 04:09 PM