• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [complete]  Event 1 Task 2
    In the sun’s high rise, we find our next task ahead of us. Golden apples that would seem easy enough to attain if the large serpent wasn’t wrapped around it. I must admit that I had not expected this in the slightest. The other horses  run at it and I am almost stunned to move and join them. However, I take the time to study their own actions and think of a plan that may work for me.

Some are fast, some have abilities, and some have luck on their side. I’ve never known myself to have any of those qualities. It’s all I can do but feel slightly discouraged. But it is not me I am doing this for and it is too late to turn back now. I must act before the time runs out on me. I may be among the last to go but I will not leave that tree without my trophy.

Running forward I head for the tree, circling it widely as I near it to gain better visuals on the serpent. He rustles in the branches as I circle the tree several times, spotting the perfect apple. It hangs not too low where one would obviously grab it, but not too high so that a quick reach up would be possible. Making my last circle around the tree the fastest one possible, As the snake moves in motion with me I quick turn on my haunches before he can realize he is no longer in line with me. Before it is too late I lift my front legs off the ground and extend my maw to the apple, biting into it deep I snatch it from the branch.

The snake is well onto my trick now and is nearing so I have no time to spare. I take off quick galloping to return to the other victors as the thud of the snake dropping from the tree echos in my brain. My heart is pumping fast and I do not look back to see how far he follows as I hear the angry hiss.

Panting, I drop the apple at the goddess’  feet and fall in line with the others.

words: 367
    answer: destriers (aka heavy war horses)