• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [complete]  Event 1 Task 3
    The finale has come now.

Madelyn has done well throughout the whole process, somehow this new found courage has kept her carrying her team forward. She does not recall ever feeling so proud in this moment, or not even in her life. It would be home she holds to her heart closely for the rest of her days and share with others—perhaps a family if she ever has one of her own.

She is quick to listen, eager for the next task to come. But when she hears the next challenge she falls into the darkness. Her courage crumples—can she even face her demons?

Long ago she had locked away her demons. How could she possibly do it now? She would only let her team down.

Madelyn shakes her head. Such silly thoughts would not destroy her newfound strength now.

She steps forward, facing the phantom of herself. There is loneliness within the replica of herself. All the sadness of the world is held within the gaze of this ghost before it. It is everything she has always held within—all the parts of her that made her who she was.

“I lived my life running away from you,” she starts, “I would hide you away within my mind, at the very back. You destroyed me and made me feel weak so many times. You won’t do that no longer.” She feels the tears running down her cheek, a couple here and there dropping to the ground. “I won’t be afraid anymore. I won’t be held back by your negative words telling me I am not good enough, that no one will love me, that I am a mistake!”

Madelyn screams then, “Be gone! I am stronger now!”

And her ghostly demon disappeared—she has vanquished it.

Word Count: 299
    Answer: The Marwari or Malan horse breed

Messages In This Thread
    Event 1 Task 3 - by The Goddess Nike - 03-08-2018, 12:28 PM
    RE: Event 1 Task 3 - by Khaedrik - 03-08-2018, 12:48 PM
    RE: Event 1 Task 3 - by Kuma - 03-08-2018, 12:52 PM
    RE: Event 1 Task 3 - by Madelyn - 03-08-2018, 12:55 PM
    RE: Event 1 Task 3 - by Mosrael - 03-08-2018, 01:03 PM
    RE: Event 1 Task 3 - by Eros - 03-08-2018, 01:10 PM
    RE: Event 1 Task 3 - by Nayl - 03-08-2018, 01:54 PM
    RE: Event 1 Task 3 - by Kagerus - 03-08-2018, 03:27 PM
    RE: Event 1 Task 3 - by Valensia - 03-08-2018, 03:35 PM