• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

searching for myself [Imperial, Deiti]
    Since meeting his grandfather, a spark of curiosity burned inside the raven steed. He could not help but wonder if he might live among his blood – perhaps, a brother or, sister? Or, maybe even a cousin? Do I have other living relatives? Are they scattered across all of the lands of Beqanna? Or, are they bonded together in one Kingdom?  The Anglo-Arabian male could not help but feel a strong need to seek out his familial ties. They might not be able to fulfill his mission to find out who he is but, at least, he would try.

It is this very spark, which awakens Jesper to the soft light of a wintery day. Relaxed fetlock straightens as weight redistributes evenly across quad limbs. Poll rises before crest arches to stretch spinal ligaments, tendons, and muscles. Tufted lobes flutter as whiskered muzzle draws in towards breast for a moment. Hock-kisser then snaps against cannon bone as if signaling to release the tension. Chassis uncoils and, as circulation begins to warm torso, Jesper splays forelimbs to better balance himself for a whole body shake. Grunt of satisfaction emits from vocal chords before unshod keratin begin to shuffle forward across the frozen earth. Icy blue gaze notes the rising sun as stiff limbs loosen. Muscled hindquarters direct stallion in a slightly northwest direction away from Sylva and towards the hills of Loess. Jesper figured the rolling landscape right next door would suit this brisk day, perfectly. Brief journey soon successfully delivers ebony steed to the border between his new home and, its neighbor. He shows no hesitation as he steps into the new land and, casual pace continues with ease. Noble cranium hangs in a relaxed manner in hopes of portraying that his intentions were amicable. Auricles swivel carefully in response to the hush of the crisp breeze that whispers past his flared nostrils and, jives with his cascading array of onyx locks.

@[Imperial] @[Deiti]

A God's Creation: Carnage X Dynast

Being nearly two now, she has sought more and more independence from her families quaint corner of Loess.  Much to her father's displeasure but he slightly realizes she needs her freedom.  It scares him mainly because of the dangers that lurk about.  Not knowing particularly where her birth mother, his sister, had gone.  Though she is left to believe Kuma is her real mother and him her real father.  She didn't doubt this fore there was no reason to.  If she had known the truth perhaps she wouldn't be so well grounded...

The freedom she is given has it's limits. Stay on the marked paths, do not go near the ocean or the autumnal forests... Little did he know she had disobeyed him a time or two.  Once meeting a dark colt of Sylva at the lands borders and the second having actually entered the forest of Sylva.  Then meeting a shimmery, winged mare that was it's leader.  She didn't seem so bad so the heeded warning of her father's was dismissed.  Though she'd never admit her betrayals.

Today she heads that direction again.  Once gone from the watchful gaze of her father's, she find herself on a marked path headed east.  That is until she veers off in a Southeastern direction.  Sapphire eyes take in all the sights of rolling his and craggy rock formations.  She remembers playing hide and go seek with her sister amongst these rocks and the memory brings a smile to her lips.  Embark had left so long ago and she fears what may have become of her golden sissy.  A sudden look of sorrow comes to her face at her thoughts, head lowering slightly.  She begins to miss Embark, her family.

As her sweeping stride carries her farther across the wintery hills, her tummy begins to grumble.  Winter was her least favorite season.  The hardships were almost as suffocating as her father.  Luckily this year the snow has been light and with each new day the sun's rays grew stronger.  With muzzle to the ground, she stops to paw away the remaining snow to find what little nutrition remained below.  Her ebony fetlock falling into her eyes as she nibbled at the dried grasses.  It is only the soft crunching of steps that are not her own that disrupt her searching for food.  Rising her delicately dished face of her bloodlines to find the source of the noise ambling about...

Sapphire eyes watch curiously as the stranger nonchalantly traipses through there home.  She has never seen this dark horse before and worry begins to plague her thoughts.  Deep breaths Deiti, you can do this.  Just copy what father taught you, she calmly tells herself with a deep inhale.  Gathering her wits she calls out a greeting to the stranger before daring to approach, "Hello there... What purpose brings you to Loess?" This had been an exact replica of what greeting they had received on their trip to Tephra, so surely it suited this situation as well.  Her ebony ears remain alert and forwards to capture an answer from the dark horse...  

DEITI

@[Jesper]
    Each step further into Loess brings the uneven terrain to onyx steed’s attention. Light blue gaze surveys the many crags and rolls of the land to navigate, carefully, lithe physique and unshod hooves over smoothest earth possible. Jesper dare not allow his mind to wander while he is in motion for a misplaced step could result in a bowed tendon. While vision focuses on how to best navigate this new territory, lobes and nares work to detect living forms aside from the various flora. It is not long after that sensitive nasal caverns flood with the fragrance of another – a female. Her perfume is a tantalizing mix of sweet floral and, salty water. It dances across his palate and, entices him to lift his poll and, widen his nares to permit her to consume him. For a few moments, anyways. Poll tosses in an effort to rid haze from mind as young male scolds himself for becoming so easily enchanted. In several more strides, ceil blue orbs rest on the raven figure who ensnared him moments ago. Not that he isn’t still interested. He had just gotten ahold of himself, for now.

This is his first encounter with a lady and, she is certainly a sight to behold. Poll remains elevated though, crest contracts to arch and, draw whiskered muzzle into breast. Limbs cease movement as miss takes note of him. Jesper decides to pause here and, allow her to approach at her own will. Nape relaxes slightly to lower cranium and, hopefully, makes him seem less imposing. Respiratory rate remains calm while full attention is upon sable female. Her words permeate male’s thoughts, through pricked ears, with their smooth tone and, diplomatic greeting. Own voice forms a reply to her question, with honest words, in a gentle tone. “Good day, miss. I seek my family. My mother died giving birth to me and, well, my father was never around. I would just like to know if I have any ties here.” After a brief hesitation, Jesper takes a single step towards her. Then, he introduces himself. “You can call me, Jesper. What may I call you?”

@[Deiti]
    https://i.pinimg.com/736x/fe/0c/48/fe0c4...e-hair.jpg

Her posture is every bit diplomatic.  Crown high and ears forward, standing solid on all four evenly spaced limbs.  The shadowed ebony of her coat contrasted drastically with the light wintery backdrop of rolling hills.  Sapphire eyes looked down towards the stranger who had finally come to find her presence there.  His nostrils flared as his neck arched, putting on some kind of show she was too naive to know of.  The only male she had ever really known was her father after all.

The petite young mare listened curiously of his purpose and she finds family one of his reason.  Looking at him now she can't help but notice similarities in their dark coat color and blue eyes.  Her brows furrow in thought but dismisses the facts before her.  Her delicate voice reaches out to him again, "We have few families that live here.  My father, mother and sister being one and the leaders another.  Do you know of their names? My father may know of them..." She notes his name and gives her own, "Jesper than, my name is Deiti.  Shall we go find my father then?" The girl by nature has an enchanting allure that she is unaware of.  Ever since she can remember there had been something unique about her but she could never place what it was...

DEITI

@[Jesper]
    Jesper is naïve to the world of Beqanna but, even more so, to the world of women. He can only hope that Deiti – he repeats her name aloud now, in a mere whisper, “Deiti” – is representative of her gender. Do all women entice men this much? Thought lingers briefly in immature male’s skull before belle’s tantalizing tone invites him to follow her. Left lobe remains pricked towards the ebony minx while right lobe scans the horizon for hints of an interruption. Light blue gaze meets her own blue orbs and, poll dips acknowledging and, accepting her invitation. Leanly muscled haunches glide quad limbs into an easy stroll, for a few steps, before raven steed pauses for a moment.

“Would you lead the way to your father, Deiti?” Four-beat amble resumes once dame shifts into motion and, directs the pair. Elegant and noble equine maintains a respectable distance between himself and, the young lady. He purposefully chooses to keep his muzzle parallel to her flank in order to prevent his gaze from fixing itself to her rump. Bronc forces attention to hone in on the uneven terrain so, he may navigate the footing with care. Jesper soon settles into their stroll, with the daystar, now at its peak, warming his back and, finds more gentle words. “My mother’s name was Bethanie. Her father is Brennen of Ischia – whom, I have met. I know much less of my sire. My mother told me his name before she passed but, that was years ago.” Jesper falls silent as he tries to recall. “Car-“ Nostrils flutter with frustration as gent attempts to tap the distant memory. Tone of voice reveals his uncertainty as male attempts to sound it out. “Car-nage, I believe.”

@[Deiti]

The stallions lingering gaze causes her to blush under her dark coat.  She wasn't used to strangers being so near with her father not present.  Especially not male's.  In fact, her father may frown upon her leading the stallion into their home.  But he seems sincere enough, so she turns to lead the way...

The thin coating of snow crunched under her hooves as they roamed over the slight inclines and declines of the land.  Staggered boulders dotted the landscape around them.  She knew each very well and the path home was easily traceable for her.  With each flex of her shoulders, her head bobbed in sync with each step.  A slight tilt to her skull and she sees the dark figure following behind her.  She knew not what an appropriate distance was for strangers but it seemed far enough.  Her dark ears twist backwards to listen as he names his family.  None mentioned are familiar to her so she comments, "I'm sorry but I don't recognize any of those names... But I'm only two.  My dad is a LOT older."  A lot is a bit exaggerated but to a mere girl it was a lifetime.

Succumbing to the curiousity of her young mind she begins to speak of her family, "Well my father's name is Imperial and mother, Kuma.  I have a sister Embark and mother is soon going to have another foal..." She smiles at the thought, "I can't wait to be a big sister!... Do you have any siblings?  You actually look a lot like me... My sister looks NOTHING like me." In her ramblings, she hadn't been paying attention to the direction they were headed.  Stopping suddenly, her head rises sharply.  Face turning from left to right as her eyes scan the territory, "Oh shoot... Hmmm, well that's not right."  Turning to the east, she takes another look before her eyes settle on the blue-eyed stallion, "Sorry... I lost track of where we were going." She chuckles slightly.  That is until she hears a cracking of brush coming from the treeline just to their left.  

The cracking turns into a thunderous noise as it's accompanied but hoofbeats.  A blur of black and silver breaks through the underbrush as she wheels around.  Her sapphire eyes find the familiar form of her father galloping towards them.  His head lowered and ears pinned.  The harsh glare of his eyes are not focused on her but on Jesper.  Moving out of the way the best she could, the older stallion comes to stand between them.  His body language is every bit agitated and before she can speak up he is already demanding answers...

DEITI

@[Jesper] I'll bring Imperial in next Smile

Son of a Red Eyed Ghost

When she had ventured off that morning, he hadn't thought it to be any different than any other day.  He allowed her, her freedoms to a point.  One can never be too careful though and being the ever watchful father he was, a unfamiliar scent on the breeze alerted him to the potential dangers suddenly lurking near their borders.  With a quick farewell to his dearest, he lunged into a gallop.  It was the quickest way an ungifted horse could travel across the treacherous landscape.

As he travels towards the southeast reaches of the kingdom, he notes that mixing suddenly with the unfamiliar scent is one he knows too well.  Concern rises in him as he pushes forward even faster.  Confusion also strifed in his mind as he was sure his daughter had traveled down the eastern path which he knew did not turn south on it's own.  His blue eyes narrow as he realizes the possible deception he had been given by his daughter.  

Sweat began lathering in a foam at the creases of his hard working limbs.  The charcoal hue of his pelt was slick and nearly pitch black as he moved swiftly across the lands.  Breathing was beginning to labor extensively but he would not stop until he reached them.  Their scents collided as he neared and fear twisted his gut into knots at what he would find.  Surely if it had been his sister, Deitis mother, he would have recognized the scent slightly.  But if the stranger had been her true sire he would not have the slightest clue.  He had never met Carnage and after what his sister had been through, he would not wish that visit upon anyone.

Finally he could make out their forms through a thin grove of brush.  His teeth grinded together as his head lowered.  Silver limbs moved almost quicker than before, if it was even possible. Ears twisted back as his body plowed through the underbrush of the trees.  His sights were set on the dark mass following his daughter and even the shock in her face didn't stop his charge.  She turned to move out of the way as he came to stop between them.  His neck snaking barred teeth at the intruder.  With a snap of his silver cords, he half reared.  Forelimbs striking out in a show of pending threat to the black stallion.  All sense of diplomacy had left him then.  He was prepared to fight even as his daughters voice rings in his ears...Dad!  She almost sounds as surprised as her expression insinuated she was.  Icey blue eyes continue to glare at the intruder as he silences his daughters attempt at an explanation, "I'll discuss this with you later." His deep voice redirects, "Who are you and what are you doing here with MY daughter?!" A snort rattles through his nostrils as he comes to stand squarely.  His gaze examining the dark black coat and contrasting blue eyes the stranger had.  Surprisingly similar to that of his daughters, he is quick to assume that perhaps this was Carnage himself...

Imperial

@[Jesper] <3
    Previously alert ears droop to half-mast and, lungs push an exhale out of salmon-lined nostrils when onyx dame reveals that she knows nothing of his lineage. Hopefully, her father can help! Thought replaces bounce in steed’s step and, focus shifts to navigating the unfamiliar terrain. He processes her words with care until her miscalculation interrupts her monologue. Whiskered labrums curve into a smile and, light laugh emits from vocal chords. Before long, the raven-hued pair are back in motion and, presumably on the correct course. Acute acoustics soon detect the approaching drum of hooves, in a four-beat pattern, on the solid ground. Poll lifts and, lobes hone in on the sound of breaking branches to their left.

When the charcoal and silver beast emerges, lounging from the cover of brush, limbs scramble to a halt. Lobes pin themselves to poll as skull tosses into the light blue ceiling. Weight shifts onto hind pillars before front limbs push chassis in reverse. Poll lowers as Jesper decides it best to submit here. Thoracic cavity swells and heaves for a few breaths until male realizes that the other now stands his ground. Tapered muzzle lifts and, aquamarine orbs lock with stallion’s sapphire gaze. Lobes now unfold from beneath tangled locks as Imperial bellows at him. As his deep voice retracts and, leaves space for Jesper to reply, the black swallows, hard. He then, takes a step forward and, addresses Deiti’s guardian.

“My name is Jesper. I came to Loess in search of my family and, your daughter is kind enough to offer her assistance.” Black pauses here and, processes what he has said before he continues. “Well, she said you might be able to help me. I think we got off on the wrong hoof. I have no ill intentions with Deiti. I merely need a little help.” Gaze softens and pleads his innocence as he stands before the thicker-boned bronc, hoping he would retract his claws and, let down his guard. Not once did Jesper shift his gaze onto the black female in hopes that Imperial would note this and, see that he would make no advances on his darling, Deiti.

@[Deiti] @[Imperial]

Son of a Red Eyed Ghost

His heated breaths mix with the cool temps of the changing seasons, creating puffs of steam from his flared nostrils.  The rigid muscles of his face cause hardened lines down his face and into his neck.  Even when the black stallion backs off his stance does not ease in the slightest.  Flattened ears pick up the sounds of words even as they lay pressed into his silver mane.  He listens to the strangers name and reason for being in the area.  Clearly it was not Carnage but the similarity between the two dark horses is unmistakable that he must ask, "If that is true than who do you seek and what makes you think they live here?" Words are quick and sharp.  The sooner he had answers, the sooner he could send this...Jesper...on his way.

Imperial

@[Jesper] if you want to go next I'll bring Deiti in after... To calm the situation lol
    Okay, so words are not really helping. Jesper could feel Imperial’s sapphire gaze boring a hole in his onyx pelt. Under the pressure, own gaze remains low along with poll. Tufted lobes remain out to the side as smaller male listens carefully to charcoal-and-smoke colored stallion’s line of questions. Although eager to put other’s mind at ease, steed respectfully awaits for him to finish before finding his voice. Words emit in a soft tone, which aims to match the remainder of body language.

“I do not know where they live. I started here, in Loess, because it borders my current home, Sylva.” He can only hope this answer pacifies the what/why. He continues carefully with light, yet unwavering, voice. “I was born to Bethanie. I say ‘was’ because she passed away after giving birth to me.” Charcoal eyelids close over glossy orbs as male expresses his grief. “A close family friend raised me until I was old enough to take care of myself. I have been doing so ever since. Just before she passed, she told me some names of my family members. I can only remember a couple, though: Brennen, my maternal grandfather, whom I found in Ischia; and, Carnage, my father. He was some father though; never around. I do not know anything else about him.” Voice trails off here as Jesper did not know what else to say.

@[Deiti] @[Imperial]