• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The things we lose come back to us in the end. [Anyone/Brennen]
    Breckin

After she launches her humorous attack, she rotates back towards him, attempting to see if her aim was true.  Indeed it would have been had the winged stallion not intercepted it first, hardening the density of the droplets before they can lay claim to his bay coat.  The shattering gems produce the most lovely of tinkling sounds as they meet with the smooth stones of the waters edge.  The show is captivating and Breckin remains enthralled as the heat of the sun quickly makes short work of the intruding cold.

Pale brows press together in openly confused disappointment, as his head dips closer to the water.  Was that it?  She had been expecting a more playful rebuke from the man, but it would see he was more inclined to satiate his thirst.  The leopard mare moves to lower her head back to the waters to continue her own drink, but instead of the expected ripples she is expecting, her gaze is met with the spreading of frozen fractals drawing nearer.   Head raising slightly vantage point, the woman remains stock still, allowing the delicate coolness to wrap itself around her.  Coming from anyone else, the action may have resulted in Breckin’s fear to surface, but the gentleman that accompanied her had only shown her the utmost kindness and respect and so she trusts him in the moment. Breckin moves to lift a hoof and the thin, lacey cover of the pond begins to shatter, disintegrating even moreso as she approaches Brennen again.  The girl cannot help but laugh at the lighthearted fun.

“Now how could I ever wish to top that?”

With a gentle shake, Breckin releases the lingering moisture in her spotted pelt as her laugh diminishes to a smile and his words find her ears. “It would be rather dull now in comparison, I would imagine.”  She is  responding to his statement, though her thought holds a much deeper meaning as she compares herself to the others with abilities she has come across thus far.  Dull indeed.  In this world it would seems she is amongst the minority.

Realizing her thoughts are beginning to ramble again, her attention shifts back to the stallion,  “Thank you for showing me your home, Brennen, and this hidden treasure.  It’s evident you hold Ischia in the highest regards.  She is lucky to have you.”  She pauses momentarily to appreciate the beauty of the waterfall one more time before she smiles warmly at him again, “I think I’ve taken up enough of your time, I’m sure you have more important things to do than share in more silly indulgences with a practical stranger.  It is about time for me to make my way to Nerine.  But I have one last question for you…even if I do not end up making Ischia my home, may I come to visit every so often?”

chase the sky into the ocean

@[Brennen]