• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The things we lose come back to us in the end. [Anyone/Brennen]
    As Brennen responds to her latest inquiry, Breckin can feel the unmistakable feeling of her heart dropping further and further into the pits of her stomach. Hopeful is a good term to describe her thoughts—she had been ridiculously hopeful that Beqanna had somehow managed to be elusive to the wrongdoings and injustices of the world. Yet reality is often not pretty and it is one of those moments where it saddens her that her initial suspicions were being confirmed by the man next to her. She allows herself to feel the pain of regret a moment longer before metaphorically leaving the emotion in her wake as once again she follows Brennen further along the path. The teachings he issues is not lost on her and she is careful to keep the warnings regarding the fae in the forefront of her mind. Though she is disappointed that Beqanna is not a pure sanctuary, she is satisfied to know that for the time being there is not a situation of mass destruction brewing just beyond the horizon. And yet she cannot help but contain the small shudder that rakes her frame at the mention of this Carnage.

“You’ve seen bad things.”

For once in the recent past she is ashamed that she could not contain all of her thoughts, but the words were already out in the air and she could not call them back, in spite of how much she wish she could. It was only another assumption, but one formulated on the premise of the afore mentioned unending life he had claimed to have and with the unmistakable lilt of past exposure that tinged the words he spoke. Afraid that she may have stirred up unwanted memories for the man next to her, she acts on uncharacteristic impulse and lightly presses her nose to his shoulder.

“I am sorry if I have overstepped personal boundaries. I hope you can forgive me if I have.”

The spotted woman regards him for a brief moment before averting her brown eyes downward They had only just become acquainted after all, but she could feel the budding of a relationship between them. And Breckin could only hope that she had not just ruined the chance at finalizing a new friendship.

@[Brennen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The things we lose come back to us in the end. [Anyone/Brennen] - by Breckin - 03-27-2018, 02:22 PM