• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The things we lose come back to us in the end. [Anyone/Brennen]
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    The waterfall never fails to impress, nestled here in the jungle, and even that is bittersweet. It’s a familiar thing, the way that the rushing water and clear pool beneath bring joy to almost all who see it, and it lifts his heart to see another person come and find happiness in it. But there is a part of him that compares his little waterfall to the overwhelming one in his memory, the Dazzling Waterfall, and it pales in comparison. But he is able to give those thoughts a quick, sad glance and then push them to the back corner of his mind and watch instead with a quick, fleeting grin as his new friend expresses her astonishment and then wades into the water.

A moment of quiet, the only sound the splash of her hooves in the shadows, and then he has only a moment’s notice of her quick mischievous glance before the water is flying through the air, sparkling in the light that shines down from where the trees must open to allow the waterfall it’s space. He recognizes the playful overture and responds in kind, freezing the water droplets mid-air, so that they fall and shatter with a tinkling sound rather than soaking his chest and legs; they leave a sprinkling of snow-like ice crystals across the rocks at the edge of the pool, melting after only a moment on the sun-warmed rocks.

Lowering his nose to the very surface of the water, he freezes the very topmost surface, sending geometric patterns of ice shooting across the surface towards Breckin, encircling her with a spiral of silvery ice. It’s much too thin to hurt anyone; if she stays perfectly still perhaps the pond will freeze around her legs, but even the slightest movement will shatter the thin membrane. The sun-warmed water will melt the ice in a few minutes just like the rocks without Brennen’s interference, but he won’t maintain it. It was just a momentary, playful thing, not an attempt to keep ice there.

Playing seems out of the realm of what most would expect from the warrior-stallion, but only those who forget how many children he has raised. “I can’t imagine a world without magic anymore,” he says, glancing up at her, remembering the way she had been surprised at his and Scorch’s abilities. “Once, it was rarer here too, but that time seems a world away.”
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The things we lose come back to us in the end. [Anyone/Brennen] - by Brennen - 04-09-2018, 10:39 PM