• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I Tried...[Rhonen]
    Her eyes close softly as she concentrates on being soundless. A slight release of air held within her lungs causes a gasping as suddenly she catches words of a deep unfamiliar voice.  "Oh! I... I didn't see you there."  Her large dark eyes flutter open in shock.  Brain sorting through the question he asked and name given.  Rhonen... God that sounded familiar but why?  

She dismisses her own wondering as she looks into the man's face.  The fine lines of his face and dark eye were appealing to gaze upon.  She shifts awkwardly under the weight of her own expanding barrel.  As each day passes she grows more uncomfortable.  But she musters a smile and replies, "Ummm, yes. Well kind of.  It's a long story." Her eyes shy from the stallions face just then.  God was it a long story.  She decides to introduce herself since he was obviously not passing her by, "I'm Kolera." Her mind repeats the strangers name, Rhonen. Her eyes flicker in concentration, trying desperately to surface the memory she feels is hidden deep within her mind.  Straining she finds something, she is standing there, in Sylva.  The autumn leaves bright overhead.  Her brother, only a year older, is flapping his purple wings.  She is giggling at him, but then she sees the grass at her feet turning brown.  She looks around her and then up to her mother in question.  No words have a chance to leave her mouth before her mother is looking at her with prideful joy.  She says she is gifted, just like her father...Rhonen.

The memory fades out as reality refocuses. "Rhonen..." She barely whispers.  Sienna eyes that had been blankly focused on the pine needles at their feet, lift to find his face again, "Dad...?!" The word surfaced as a question but also a sure answer.  Could it really be him? After all these years...
    Kolera
    Earth to Earth, Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust.

@[Rhonen]

Messages In This Thread
    I Tried...[Rhonen] - by Kolera - 03-11-2018, 02:58 PM
    RE: I Tried...[Rhonen] - by Rhonen - 03-12-2018, 10:21 PM
    RE: I Tried...[Rhonen] - by Kolera - 03-13-2018, 08:23 PM
    RE: I Tried...[Rhonen] - by Rhonen - 03-17-2018, 07:58 PM
    RE: I Tried...[Rhonen] - by Kolera - 03-20-2018, 11:47 AM