• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Not all that glitters is gold [Any]
    Hephaestus
    Her wings almost seemed to swallow her as she rose to her feet and studied his shadowed figure. Their iridescent glow brought life their small snow covered clearing and his eyes remarked upon her beauty amidst the white washed world. She beckoned to him, urging him to step into the light. His limbs moved freely, as though they were entities of their own, pulling him from his hiding spot. Clearly in his view he was careful to angle himself so that the left side of his face was covered by the overflow of his forelock. Gazing at her through his onyx eyes he attempted to make himself appear less demeaning.

It amazed him, her boldness. She approached him with confidence, not a trace of fear upon her. His skin itched beneath the curiosity of her gaze and he wondered what it was that she was searching for. Glittered kissed wings dragged through the earth as she stepped ever closer until they were standing before one another. Exposed.

Air whistled between them, filling up the space with it’s biting cold. This land was not much different than the last he had visited. Filled with equally colorful creatures he could confidently say that he’d never seen any half as beautiful as the mare that stood before him. She was so unlike anything he’d ever seen before. Absolutely breathtaking.

He arched his neck and attempted a reassuring expression. ”I hope I did not frighten you,” he finally spoke. ”I was merely passing through and did not intend to disturb your rest.”

The lie flew from his mouth even before he knew he intended to do so. He was ashamed of his moment of weakness. Years had passed since he’d last found himself pulled in by the promise of a soft caress. He’d build up walls of protection around himself. Safe guards from the revulsion he was met by. This place, Beqanna, promised to be no different than the place of his birth and when the time came he would move on just as he had a thousand times before. It was easier that way. Simpler to start anew in a place ignorant of his existence.  
    Break My Shackles To Set Me Free

@[AuroraElis]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Not all that glitters is gold [Any] - by Hephaestus - 03-15-2018, 07:45 AM