• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Not all that glitters is gold [Any]
    Hephaestus
    Suddenly, their clearing felt too small. Around them half-melted banks of snow clung for life within the shade of the surrounding underbrush. The air was still cold but whispers of spring rode upon the breeze. Studying the mare, he noticed her demeanor for the first time. Her wings, though glorious to behold, were clamped tightly against her sides. To serve as a blanket or a curtain he could not be certain. Like him, he sensed, she was hiding something. His curiosity peaked, though he was not tempted enough to demand her to reveal herself to him.

Her voice was soft and lilting, gentle as she spoke as though she regarded him as a frightened animal poised to bolt. She was only half wrong. Though meant as a comfort, her words set him on guard. Finding himself so close to another person was not a practice he was particularly fond of. It was only a matter of time, he knew, before she would leave him just as the others had before.

Pity filled him as she spoke openly of the nightmare he knew she had been trapped in. The horrors she must have faced -.

He couldn’t allow himself to travel down that avenue. That part of him – the part that would desire to avenge her – the pull was too strong.

Forcing himself to focus on her question he cleared his head of all violent thoughts. ”I am.”

Since autumn he’d wandered aimlessly throughout Beqanna, not quite sure what he was looking for but searching nonetheless. He’d managed to sink below the radar in most lands and it was only recently that he’d begun to garner some attention.

”My name is Hephaestus,” he offered tentatively.

He’d always hated his name despite it’s appropriate nature. The venom in which his own father had looked upon him – a mere foal. He could never forget it. It was out of that moment of horror that he was named. Harsh sounding to the ears, it’d taken him a while before he'd learned to bear it with pride.  
    Break My Shackles To Set Me Free

@[AuroraElis]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Not all that glitters is gold [Any] - by Hephaestus - 03-20-2018, 01:40 PM