• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I lock myself inside these walls, cause out there I'm always wrong. [Scorch//Any]
    These lands are so different from what I am used to.  Or maybe I have just never paid attention? The people are colorful, vibrant even.  It almost hurts my eyes to look at them.  No matter how prepared I feel like I am, each passing one has something new and interesting for my inquisitive eyes to drink up.  As I pass them, my head is held higher than it was when I first stumbled into this Beqanna and  I stare…and  make no attempt to hide it.  Some match my even gaze, others cast theirs elsewhere, probably in an attempt to remain polite.  But perhaps politeness is lost on me, for my gaze remains locked on each one until I am contented that I have studied them enough.  

Luckily for me, the journey to this Nerine is long from the field where I had met Scorch.  I have followed her every direction and it has led me through the most interesting of places.  Through forests of looming giants, across rapid waters, and past the lowest valley.  Every step that takes me closer to this home of…how did she put it. Camraderie.  I have never known others well enough to share in any type of companionship.  The prospect that I may have the opportunity to be a part of something larger makes my heart rate pick up and the reverberating thud in my chest proves emphasizes my thought..  If that purpose is to be served in Nerine, well I guess I will have to find out.  To be honest, my expectations are high for this land that I am about to come upon.  Hopefully it will not be a disappointment.

By the time my treds fall onto the grey toned sands, the sun has begun its descent behind the horizon.  I am holding my head even higher now; ears swiveling every which way to capture the sounds of the terra.  Whether it’s the salty wind that gently brushes my side, or the anxious anticipation of speaking with someone else, I am not sure.

A quick scan of the beach around me and I am contented to realize that for the moment that no one is in the immediate vicinity.   Slowly I allow the coiled tension in my muscles to relax; gravity minutely pulling my craned neck lower to the sand.   I suppose the long trek has finally begun to catch up with my tired muscles.

I try to make a conscious effort to deeply inhale and exhale, but my eyes come to rest on something particularly interesting.  The object is white and round in shape and there appears to be a faint star made of holes along the top.  It almost resembles a shell, but I am not convinced that is what it is at all.  Another quick glance around me for the presence of others.  When none are detected, I take a hesitant step towards it, unsure if the thing is alive.  There is no quick response from the thing and it remains still.  Bravery is not a characteristic I would describe myself as having.  So I am surprised to  feel myself take another step, even going so far as to let my whiskered muzzle gently brush against the surface of the strange white disk…

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

Once upon a time, Scorch had been a mare who wouldn't have caused Breckin to raise even a single eyelash. Despite having been dramatically swapped at birth, for the first five years of her life, that happened to be the only interesting thing about Scorch (unless you counted her spitfire personality, which, okay, so there's two interesting things about her). She'd been born bay roan, with green eyes, to a Amazonian queen (or so she had been lead to believe). Until her dragon dream - and later on her mirror dream - and later again to her queenship - she had been utterly normal.

So, suffice to say, hope remained still that Breckin would become adjusted to Beqanna's magic in more ways than simple exposure to it. The faeries always found interesting ways to play with the mortal's lives; Scorch suspected that they wouldn't leave this untainted beauty alone for long.

She hadn't intended to run into Breckin on her way back to the field for another attempt at recruiting, but the way the mare's white-and-black fur caught the thin winter light flagged her down as someone worth attending to. Her hooves stood planted on the other side of the scentline still, which Scorch in her old grouchy ways appreciated, and so Scorch took her time approaching, wondering at the way the mare meandered down the coast line sniffing at the sand-stars.

"Breckin," the warrior called in her most amiably voice, though it still sounded hoarse and ugly to anyone not familiar with the woman. She closed the final distance between them, dipping her head in greeting. "I'm glad that you were able to make time to see Nerine." Her lips curled into a friendly smile. "Please, join me! I'll show you around a bit. There's far more of those sand-stars around, I can promise you that."

Not having to wait long for Breckin to come alongside the sturdily built advisor, Scorch began treading from the beach towards a grassier forested area nearer the center of Nerine. Her molten red gaze flashed from their surroundings to the mare often, thoughts percolating behind their glowing depths; she knew that Breckin held great curiosity towards her absolute baldness, and for once, she almost wanted to be questioned - far too long had passed since anyone asked about her ugly nakedness.

Babe. Really? You're being a narcissist. Scorch scowled internally at her husband's rude interruption, but did of course listen to his otherworldly advice, finally turning to Breckin to talk to her about something a little less self-indulged.

"So, did you come from a specific land or were you in the Beyond, as some here call it? A nondescript land, essentially." She looked back to their path, continuing to speak. "We've many who come here from elsewhere though, other lands like Beqanna, but also different." The winter breeze picked up suddenly then, and Scorch shielded herself with a thin cloak of tangible twilight - barely visible. "Either is okay, I'm just curious is all."

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle
    Advisor to Nerine's Hestia

[Image: scorch2.png]
    The white circle shapes make no movement as her darkened nose traces them, scattering sand granules as a long breath is drawn inward and outward.  To her, they smell of algae and salt and in a quick moment she easily concludes that if it ever was alive that it is now dead.   Ever so slightly  her head is drawn higher as she settles into a relaxed stance, enjoying the quiet of the moment by herself.   How long the moment lasts she is not sure, for just as soon as her bones began to settle in their joints, she hears a vaguely familiar voice calling to her.

Rather closely, the girl watches a figure quickly close the distance between them.  She doesn’t get the chance to say it aloud in that moment, but she is relieved when she recognizes the barren form of Scorch approaching.  And Breckin didn’t want to admit it to herself, but she was not sure how she would have reacted to someone different intercepting her first.  Unfortunately, it would seem the spotted mare had had her fill of new acquaintances for the time being.  

Scorch dips her head in what appears to be a friendly greeting.  Unsure of how to respond, Breckin mimics the greeting, hoping that it is an appropriate response.  With encouraging words from the other woman, she finds herself matching the even strides of Scorch as they find a path travelling further into Nerine.  Eyes ever alert, she drinks up the sights and sounds specific to this kingdom, filing them away for future reference and enjoying the surprisingly comfortable rhythm they seem to be striking.  She expected some conversation to happen, but hadn’t anticipated her own reaction to the other mare’s question.

“I…”  It was a simple enough question that the other mare has asked not unkindly, but out of curiosity; a sentiment that Breckin should have no problem identifying with.  And it is a question that should warrant a simple enough answer in response.  But the conversation has taken a sharp turn into a direction that Breckin is unexpectedly uncomfortable with; her movement halts suddenly and ears flatten to her head to mirror her change in emotion.  There is no subtlety here as the speckled maiden’s eyes reflect her newfound anxiety.  Her gaze is almost pleading as it aligns with Scorch’s; as if the other woman might have some answers for her.  “I don’t….I don’t know?,” she finally stammers out, surprised at her own answer and realization.

Confused as to why her even mood has spiked so abruptly, she shifts in her stance; Fighting the primordial urge to run from a threat.  But logical thinking has her reasoning that it would do no good, to try to run from herself.  Perhaps these are thoughts that should be further explored later on, when she is not under the scrutiny of someone that she is beginning to feel a sense of kinship with.  

A long, steady breath is forcibly dragged in and out as the leopard mare attempts to ground herself again. Her world darkens briefly as her lids are closed; centering herself enough to the point where her quickened heartrate has evened out.  Slowly her brown eyes re-open.  For the first time since her arrival, a small smile is offered to Scorch; a miniscule attempt to show the mare that she was okay.

But now she tries to change the subject in an effort to keep Scorch talking to her.  Breckin realizes she likes the hoarse tones of the other woman and finds them somewhat comforting as it becomes more familiar to her.

“Please,” she says with slight head movement towards Scorch, “What happened to you?”

OOC: I wanted to give her a try in third person. I hope you don't mind. DX  I will change it back next time if its not cool with you!
    Breckin followed the mare as she lead her through the kingdom with an honest meekness, a willingness to listen and observe that Scorch appreciated - mostly because, at Breckin’s age, she had had nothing of the sort. Impulsive, loud, judgmental, and god forbid she ever be observant. But in her old age things have mellowed out a bit, and perhaps that is what makes the rhythm of their conversation so easy and comfortable. Years of practice at being a friendly person will do that to you - and it helps that Scorch really does see herself that way now, and not as a a mask or anything.

But suddenly, at Scorch’s seemingly innocent question, Breckin halts and pins her ears; for a moment the mutilated woman fears that she has angered her new recruit, that she has over stepped her bounds somehow (perhaps, where Breckin came from, such questions were considered impolite). But when the spotted mare raises her pleading eyes to meet Scorch’s sympathetic and concerned ones, she understands that it is fear and confusion that mars Breckin’s expression. Ah, well, they had people like her come too - their minds emptied of memory, left only with a hauntingly chilled feeling where a whole life should have been.

Scorch allows Breckin her moment of silence and restabilization, joining in with her purposeful inhalation and exhalation in the hopes that the solidarity would further steady the mare. Scorch did not consider Brecking weak for  needing her moment - hell, if you only knew how many moments Scorch had taken between birth and death and life again, there wouldn’t be any role playing, just moments where she’s trying not to flip her shit. But Breckin opens her eyes and tries out a smile, so Scorch deigns to speak, her own smile reassuring and calm. “That’s okay, there’s no expectation for you to remember. We don’t have to talk about it again, I’m sorry that I caused you distress.” Her bare nose reached out to briefly press against her new friend’s shoulder, encouraging her to continue moving to the center of the kingdom, to a new life with new memories to be had.

Well, unfortunately for Scorch, her life was full of memories - and right then as she begins to walk, Breckin asks her to recount some of them. Snorting a little at the question - not offended, just surprised (she hadn’t been asked this in... decades) - the sound quickly turned into chuckle, and she resettled her hooves, giving up on the whole making any progress through the kingdom thing. With any luck, Breckin was here for good, and so would have loads of time to explore on her own or with the other Nerinians. But now, to her question!

“Well, since you asked, I’ll give you the full tale - but be warned, it’s a lengthy one.” Her smile split into a grin as her weight sank into a hip, eyes turning to peruse the sea as she recalled the nightmare that christened her as Scorch more permanently than any birth given name ever could. “Once, long ago when Beqanna was a far, far different place, I found myself traveling between kingdoms and in need of a rest. So, I laid down - but the faeries had other plans.” She fumbled in her speech for a sec, eyes refocusing to glance apologetically to Breckin. “I should explain. Faeries are the servants of the land - Beqanna is alive with magic, but when she speaks it is almost always in anger. The faeries are mostly good, but some are harbingers of chaos and darkness - this was one of those. Loki was his name. He brought me into a nightmare where I dreamt horrid things - my mother and birthhome being burned alive, being trapped and having to run through fire, and last of all, fighting a dragon. All was well in the dream because I felt no pain while I was alight with flames, I thought I was invincible. But when I defeated the dragon, I awoke, literally in flames.” She frowned, shuddering at the memory of her fur burning and her skin melting, dirtying the clean night air. “The only reason I’m still alive is because there was a lake nearby that I dove into. It was... beyond painful. Being scarring. But I gained these eyes because of it - dragon eyes, with which I can see many more things than others.” Those eyes glimmered their usual red, and then suddenly flashed to every imaginable colour until they settled back on red. Scorch’s expression softened then, and she cast her gaze aside. “Even more than that, the dream caused me to flee, and because of that, I met my husband, Hestoni. He’s not with us any more, but he and I raised ten children together. We ruled my birthhome together, and... I wouldn’t be who I am if that hadn’t happened to me.” She chuckled again. “I had another dream like that, and got the ability you saw in the field. Beqanna is strange that way, giving and taking simultaneously. But funnily enough, I was born completely without magic.”

She took a deep breath and exhaled, scanning the horizon before finding Breckin’s pretty face. She smiled again, a little sheepishly. “I’m sorry Breckin, I’ve talked your ear off. But I hope that I’ve perhaps opened your eyes to the possibilities of Beqanna. And please, if you have any other questions, ask!”
    The more Scorch talks to her, the more she feels herself decompress.  When the bald mare finally reaches out to touch her gently on the shoulder,  she is surprised at how soothing the action was and the rest of her anxiety seems to subside.  With a little encouragement from Scorch, they are walking again, into what she can only assume is further into the territory of  Nerine.  Ever so briefly, Breckin allows herself to address the lingering confusion flittering at the back of her mind.  Why had such a simple question elicited such a negative reaction?  What happened to her?

But her lapse in thought is drawn back to her companion as they stop once more, this time in response to Breckins inquiry of how Scorch’s appearance came to be.  Shifting her speckled frame, she angles herself so that her eyes can align with the ember eyes of the other woman, settling into a comfortable stand and giving her her full attention.

As Scorch finishes the recollection of her past, Breckin is left with mixed feelings of satisfaction, sadness, and awe.  Her deep rooted quest for knowledge of Beqanna is momentarily satisfied as Scorch has answered her questions of the fae and the magics of the land.  But her satisfaction is marred by the sadness she feels for Scorch’s trial and pain.  And yet she is awestruck by the woman’s sheer resilience and positivity of the circumstances she has endured in her lifetime thus far.  

At last she finds her voice, ”You have no reason to apologize.  You’ve answered more questions than you know."  The spotted girl takes a step closer to Scorch, her face edged with one of remorse, "I am sorry to hear that you had to go through so much to become who you are today.  I can’t imagine the pain.  Does it still hurt now?" For a fleeting moment Breckin had thought of returning the friendly gesture Scorch had shown her earlier, but she quickly cast the idea aside unsure of whether or not it would be uncomfortable for her.

Instead, she decides to take Scorch up on her last statement and offers another question, ”Does that mean that I could acquire…abilities too?”

The attention the other mare devoted to Scorch went beyond anything that the latter mare would have expected of anyone, never mind a stranger (though she quickly began to see Breckin as a friend, now). The empathy writ clearly on the leopard's pretty face reminded Scorch of her dear friend, Kagerou, a woman who had died from complications during child birth just like herself. But beyond that, the leopard mare (leopard in a different way than Breckin, with true clouded leopard spots) had been understanding and compassionate - and eager to learn.

As she watched Breckin and thought these thoughts, Scorch hoped wholeheartedly that Breckin would choose Nerine to be her home.

Her words rang friendly and caring in Scorch's mutilated ears, and so she smiled in reply. Breckin knew more about socializing than Scorch for her entire first life, and there was no magic that could teach anyone like herself to become as ept at interactions like these as Breckin was. Still, she hesitated to close the distance between them; but Scorch leaned in and brushed her shoulder to the woman's nose, hoping that with practice like this, the mare would settle easily into the rhythm of Beqanna.

"When the weather is especially dry, some of my scars crack and bleed - any kind of movement then is irritating, but otherwise, it doesn't hurt. I'm careful to shade myself from the sun, and when it is winter, I cloak myself in light to stay warm." She spoke quietly, eyes drifting over the scenery as she allowed her tongue to easily waggle. "Mostly though, it's my skin and I've gotten comfortable in it. Everyone from before knew me this way." She didn't go on to explain "before," figuring that that in itself would be another entire conversation, one that they might touch on later. For now, she'd shared far too much personally, and needed to turn the focus back on Breckin.

Luckily, that mare's next question opens up such options.

"Yes, it does," Came Scorch's answer, her eyes settling with interest on the 'plain' mare. Funny, that she had been that way once, too. "You just need to keep your wits about you - the faeries can be sneaky, but by how perceptive you are, I don't think they'll get by you without notice."

"The Mountain, especially, is where magic such as the kind I have told you about resides. Quests, they are called; but again, most times the adventures are less than happy." She eyed the other mare with an avid curiosity. "Do you think you would brave such quests?... Though sometimes, you haven't a choice in the matter. Sometimes, it's as if someone else decides where we go when we dream. So beware; and keep your wits about you."

Scorch

Catch me breaking the fourth wall sort of lmao. IDK what this post is. Enjoy.
    Scorch gracefully closes the gap between her form and Breckin’s awkwardly outstretched muzzle.  Conflicted thoughts had prohibited the extension of her nose to the other woman’s bare skin any further, but had yet to recede it back towards the core of her own frame.  The mere fact that she had considered to initiate the contact had brought on a slight glimmer of pride, even despite the fact she could not bring herself to finalize the small gesture.  And for that she was thankful to Scorch; her gratitude evident with the diminutive smile addressed towards her.  A smile that would grow a little wider to learn that the physical interaction did not seem to cause any discomfort to the spotted girl’s new friend.

To be honest, Breckin was beginning to feel the forming of a new bond with Scorch; something not entirely unlike what a daughter would feels towards a mother.  Though she is unsure of just exactly who her mother had been, there is no doubt that she had been someone’s daughter at some point in time.  And she cannot ultimately say one way or another, but hope is there with the sincerest desire that her own mother had been just as kind and patient of a teacher as the woman standing nearby.  A hope that carries over to drifting thoughts as she calmly closes her eyes, content to identify the makings of a memory, albeit they are fuzzy and out of focus.   But when her eyes open again she is left with the lingering sense of satisfaction knowing confidently that somewhere hidden behind a glazed veil, there are in fact memories to one day be reclaimed.  But for now the decision is made to focus upon the makings of a new memory here with Scorch, where the workings of Beqanna fall upon inquisitive ears.

“I am not sure,” she mumbles in response to Scorch’s question, “I can only hope that if the situation arises, I can keep my wits about me. I suppose I will have to wait and see.”

Words rang with unbridled truth in them.  As remarkable as Beqanna was, this place was still new and fear inspiring to the girl.  Thinking of  what the fae themselves were capable of may have been hard for her to believe merely a few weeks ago, but a prime example stood before her and it was no longer possible for Breckin to try to deny their might.  To think creatures of manifesting such beauty and good could also wrought chaos on just the slightest of whims and provocations.  For now she knew she would be destined to keep a low profile until she could grow more.

Wearily, she moves to change the subject to something less foreboding—or so she hoped.

“Nerine is like a kingdom, I believe a remember you mentioning.  I assume someone is governing the people that live here?” Her sentence ends with the inflection of question, curious to find out who ruled the land and what kind of other equines lived here.

@[Scorch]

When Scorch had eyed Breckin in the field, it hadn't been with a mother's knack; no, when she found herself craving the form of a small child pressed to her skin, Scorch sought out the adoption den, purposefully taking with her any lost souls she could find therein. In the field, the realm of adults or pretend-adults reigned - and she approached these subjects with more of a business-like air, a formality that she never used while addressing young children.

But, as she stood regarding her new companion, something inside of her whispered that the young woman was more than just a new friend; she was something more akin to a new daughter, if only in emotion and not in title. But Scorch had many such as Breckin in her upholstery of friends: and those individuals she called sister. Women she had raised up from a shaky beginning into Amazons of renowned and legend. Perhaps, if Breckin chose allegiance to Nerine, they, too, would become just that. Sisters.

"Well, you're already more prepared than I was, at your age. I had no idea about quests." Scorch's eyes glimmered reassuringly, hoping that the mare might gain some courage from this information; that her next words might be proudly spoken, instead of mumbled. "So you'll make it through just fine, if you are selected for such an adventure." Better now to frame it in a good light like this, as opposed to that which it will more likely become: a nightmare. Still, those things cannot be prepared for, and so best not to dwell on them.

The mare's ears perked inquisitively at Breckin's next question, impressed at how easily she moved on to new conversation, especially one so imperative to her hypothetical life in Nerine. Scorch's answer came quickly, the words friendly despite her brusque voice. "Indeed you are right, Breckin. Hestia is the name of the Nerinian Khaleesi, or Queen - both titles go. She has a black coat and green eyes, and occasionally, some fiery attributes, too."

Her lips curled in a fond smile at the recollection of a similar conversation she'd had with Hestia about dreams and quests not long ago.

"I'm sure she would love to meet you, should you ever seek her out. But..." And here she paused, glancing at Breckin, hoping she wasn't overstepping her bounds considering that Breckin hadn't chosen a place to live definitively yet, "If you're looking to instate yourself in a caste, you can tell me. I am Hestia's advisor, or second in command. Do you have any ideas about what you might be passionate about?.. War and Peace sounds very black and white, but in my days, there's always a nook somewhere where anyone fits."

Scorch

@[Breckin]
    A little, pesky sliver of uneasiness still dwells in her mind as the conversation moves on.  The speak of the fae of Beqanna leaves Breckin feeling rather unsettled, but at least the feeling is starting to diminish.  And it dwindles closer to nothingness as Scorch is eager to offer an answer to the leopard mare’s latest question.  Although it is not quite the answer she was expecting.  In response, her gaze narrows in contemplation while her ears swivel to a more alert position.  To be frank, she was half-expecting for the bare woman to tell her that she herself was the current ruler of Nerine.  But this is not the first time that Breckin has been wrong.  It is just that the way the mare beside her seemed to exude pride and diplomacy for her home that would have led her to believe that she was the Queen.  Only a moment later does Scorch relinquish the information that she is the Queen’s second, and this information makes perfect sense to Breckin now. The spotted mare is also quick to make a mental note of Queen Hestia’s description, should she ever have the need to seek her out someday.

“Have you ever been a ruler?” , she hears herself ask Scorch yet another question.  Hopefully she wasn’t beginning to regret offering Breckin the chance to ask her any questions she may have.
    An inquiry sent Breckin’s way has her head tilting sideways in quiet contemplation.  Truly this was nothing she has ever been asked to consider before and so she thinks carefully before she offers a response.  Though she knows she has had to defend herself in the recent past, the spotted mare cannot say for certain what type of caste she would be better suited for.  However that would not stop her from making an educated guess.

“As of now, I would believe I would be best suited for the caste of peace.”  She draws her gaze back to meet Scorch’s, having only recently found particular interest in a nearby shrub as she had formulated her response internally.  Again, she smiles crookedly at her friend, “But that is simply a guess.  Hopefully if I should return to call Nerine home, I can offer something to the kingdom.  Be it by growing as an individual or perhaps establishing some ties with other people or kingdoms.  Maybe both,” she concludes with an upturn shrug of her shoulder.

The woman new the itch to wander was growing larger and that the time to move on to another terra was drawing near so it is then that she turns to Scorch with a new fondness in her brown eyes.   “I appreciate your willingness to satiate my thirst for knowledge, Scorch, and to welcome me to you beautiful home.  I believe it is time for me to move along though and study the rest of Beqanna.  Do you have any suggestions on where to start?”

@[Scorch]

Although Scorch caught the narrowing of Breckin's eyes upon the revelation of Hestia's Queenship, she failed to place the expression as one of confusion - and indeed, this failure was well and good. For had she known that the spotted mare before her had thought her the reigning mare of Nerine, it would have fueled the embers in Scorch's stomach that would always burn with the knowledge that she had lead the Sisters, and that by god, she could again - but for today, those innocent coals remain next to lifeless, the pain and confusion of a misplaced need for power avoided.

"I have, actually." Scorch's eyes traveled to the coast, lost there as her mind's eye roamed back to her beloved Jungle, and to the every moment she spent in it as its leader. "Nerine is the relative continuation of a kingdom that existed long ago, called the Amazon Jungle. I was born there a princess, and eventually became its Queen -- it's a much longer story than that, but indeed I did rule. Some who reside here still remember this kingdom of old as if it were yesterday; but few who served with me during my time as leader are still around today." She thought of Nayl, her faux-niece, the only face she could remember from that time. But the conversation surged ahead, and her eyes returned from the coast, thoughts of before quietly leaving her mind.

"Based on what I know of you, I think the peace is an excellent place to start, if you choose to call Nerine home. There are plenty of duties that may help you find purpose and belonging should you choose the peace - and quite frankly, you are an excellent conversationalist. I have no doubt in my mind that you'd be able to recruit very effectively." She nodded to Breckin's crooked smile, hoping that the mare would believe her - for she spoke truly and with an ingenuity that not everyone received from the hairless mare after such a short time of knowing one another.

But alas, Breckin then went on to acknowledge a need to explore and discover. This fact left a bit of a sour taste in Scorch's mouth, for she rather liked the idea of the spotted mare joining Nerine's upholstery of strong, powerful women; but she ignored the distaste and instead wracked her mind for places Breckin could explore, rather inept at that activity herself. She'd been drawn and stuck to the Amazons since birth, never looking far beyond its borders unless it was for diplomacy's sake - and sometimes, war's.

"It's been my pleasure, Breckin. I hope that I've not bored you with my many long and winding tales." She smiled again, licking her lips thoughtfully.  "As for explorations, I've honestly not done many myself since I came back from the dead -" Here she paused and grimace-smiled, as if to say yes, there are even more stories about me; but now wasn't the time to elaborate, so she soldiered on. "- But there are many in the common lands who are from the other kingdoms, as well as those who call no established place home. You would do well to go there, to the meadow, river, or forest, and meet some more Beqannians."

"Truthfully, I hope that none of them offer a better home, though; it's selfish of me, but I see you fitting in excellently here. Perhaps, once you have finished with your adventuring, I'll see you again on Nerine's coastlines - and when or if I do, I'll be quite the happy woman." She reached out and affectionately pressed her nose a final time to the base of Breckin's soft neck. "Until then, Breckin; safe travels."

Scorch

@[Breckin] you seriously make my muse explode this is crazy lol