• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I sold my soul for this ~Porcia~

The stallion is quick to run off. He stumbles over his words, backs a few steps, seeing the girl step closer to Hestia, he doesn’t even bother to truly answer the queen. Instead he says his parting words and runs with his tail tucked. She chuckles lightly. The sound becoming more and more familiar to her throat, and less and less monstrous in its delivery. She doesn’t have time to respond to his parting words. Before he’s disappeared completely from view. A surprising feat considering his size.

The girl is quick to ask about Nerine and Hestia’s ghost of a smile does not disappear right away. Of course, I’ll take you there now if you like? Her green eyes settle on the young female full of excitement and life. She must have been loved in her childhood, must have grown up with good parents who protected her. It tugs a thin string deep inside of her. They are near the trail that will take them to her kingdom and she gestures with her head in the direction they must go. Do you like the ocean much? This is probably one of the few times someone may catch her making small talk AND enjoying it.

Children just have a way of doing that, making the burdens of the world fall away crumbling to dust in the shadows that no longer exist against their sunny dispositions. In their innocence they see no shadows, and their destroy the shadows that once were. They trek on and Hestia describes Nerine as best she can, telling of the gulls and caves, streams, and plains of grasses. Listening to all the girl as to say in return. She doesn’t mention being queen however. Its kinda slipped her mind, scurried away with the shadows when children are around. When they do arrive, Hestia begins leading her down the arm to the tip where they can look back on the land and see all Beqanna before them. This is what I call home. She looks down at Porcia absorbing every nuance of her reaction to Nerine.

HESTIA

The devil whispered in my ear, you’ll never survive the storm
    I whispered back, I am the storm

@[Porcia]
    [Image: 345k45w.jpg]
    Tell Me Your Fate

The young mare glances one last time as Eros departed, she smiles with hope that they will meet again. Her attention flickers back to Hestia who agrees to bring her to Nerine. She lights up with joy Oh yes please! Lets go now! She quickly trails beside Hestia, a few paces behind eager to see what the Kingdom has to offer.

The scenery went from full of trees in the forest to less and less; the travel was quiet until Hestia sparked up conversation. Do you like the ocean much? she took a few breaths before responding I guess I have never been near an ocean. She paused curious of what it would be like to live by an ocean! Surely running in the water would be nothing but a joy! I was born in Sylva, thats the only Kingdom I knew the memories of her parents flooded her mind. A picture she pushed from her brain, her father leaving and then she strayed off after him never finding her mother again. Her heart stung with sorrow but she refused to let it show. She tried her hardest to push the memory from her mind once more. I doubt Sylva is anything like it was when I was there though. her tone was more quiet this time around, curious who ruled the Kingdom now a days. They continue on there trek, she follows aside the mare eager to reach Nerine, her new home.  I am excited to see Nerine! I have never explored caves and I cant remember what sand feels like! Do many others live there? Her tone picked back up to its regular joy filled, she gazes over the mare with a smile. Hestia may not know it but she reminds her of her mother, she was gentle with Porcia. It made her feel comfortable and safe to be around Hestia, it made the memories of her true parents easier to forget.

Porcia

@[Hestia]
    She looks to the young girl, a gentle smile on her face. Porcia’s innocence is a reminder to Hestia of exactly why people like herself are important to Beqanna. It’s so that others like Porcia do not loose their light. They need light, they are in desperate need of light and hope these days. Each and every one of them are. The political air bodes dark times ahead. And Porcia’s presence reminds her of why she will do what she does even if she dreads it. She gives a small chuckle at the girl’s response. Well then, you are in for a nice surprise She listens to the girl and wonders aloud. Why is it that you left? There’s a twinge in her voice that Hestia recognizes all to well.

There are, and I hope that I can inspire more to come as well, ah shit there she did it. Why’d she need to go and say something like that. She hopes the child doesn’t notice the implication of her words. Quickly moving on in the conversation to describe the sands and caves to the best of her abilities. When they reach Nerine she pushes aside the branches revealing the flat top field of grasses, hills, pools, and beyond it all the ocean. She gestures towards the cliffside trail. There is where we can get down to the beach and caves. Seagulls squall overhead in their greetings.

Her heart tugs at seeing the child’s face. How she’s missed this. Missed having a doe eyed companion in her life. She nudges the girls shoulder warmly, its as much affection as anyone can expect from the old bitch. But there is something about the girl that compels her to be nice. Well as nice as nice can be for someone like her. Hestia allows the girl to walk past her before following past the trees herself. Welcome to Nerine
    Tell Me Your Fate

She was amazed at the scenery Nerine had to offer, it was a pleasant mix of grass and sand, trees and beach. It smelled salty but it was not a scent that Porcia disliked, it was better than the scent of ash that Tephra members carried. Her lips continuously carried a smile overjoyed with her new home.

Hestia asks why she left, her heart would normally sink in pain just the thought of it. But for some reason she trusted Hestia, they had not known each other for long but she trusted her. She felt comfortable with her, and she wanted to tell her everything. One day my father left, I was just a young foal maybe five months or so. she paused picturing the horned appaloosa her heart ached but she found peace when she scanned over Hestia. I loved him so much, I left to find him but I never did. I was so young I never found my mother again. she looked off, she probably caused her mother so much pain and she never got to say I love you one last time. I am sure I will run into her again some day. her last comment was more of a hope than a statement. Enough of that though.

Hestia notes that others are in the Kingdom and she hopes for more, she was truly unsure of the mares comment but shrugged it off and gave a happy nod. I can not wait to meet the others! I hope they will like me. she laughs and looks around thinking about all the horses that could be in the Kingdom. All the possible friends she could make, hopefully they would be just as welcoming as Hestia has been.

Hestia was quick to move on, describing the scenery and she listens with excitement. They stop and Hestia notes that the beach and caves are just below. She looks up to seagulls flying by, she had never seen the white and grey birds before and looks in amazement. Her ears were perked forward as she looked at the ocean just before them. Her attention pans back to Hestia as the mare nudges her shoulder and welcomes her to Nerine, her new home. Porcia playfully throws her head up allowing a whinny to escape her maw, she gently brushes against the mare as she breaks into a gallop down to the ocean shore. She gallops across shore splashing in and out of the water Hestia! Come run with me! She yells out for the mare, only hoping she would accompany her in the fun.
    Porcia

@[Hestia]

Porcia’s energy is spilling over and Hestia glimmers with the contagiousness of the girls excitement. She brings Hestia’s belief of hope for the kingdom back with a renewed eagerness. When she answers, Hestia thought that her sympathies couldn’t be pulled again. But hearing her story they are. She can’t help but think of Iona. She continues, and Hestia nudges the girl in silence. If it wasn’t for the white the girl bears Hestia would believe this to be her own daughter. Normally she’d not feed a child’s hope, but her own desire mimics so closely to Porcia’s that Hestia can’t help but respond with encouragement. I hope you do too. She smiles sympathetically to the girl.

How close to home the girl’s words tread for her. She wants her to know that she shares her pain. Something very similar happened with my children. I’ll never stop looking for them. I’m sure your mother is doing the same. You are more than welcome to stay here. We have many connections and many people come to visit us. News of your mother may drift through at some point. It doesn’t take them long to move on and Hestia listens to the appaloosa’s exclamation. I don’t see why they wouldn’t. Hestia would truly be shocked if the others didn’t like the girl as she herself adored her.

She’s just too full of life not to like. Much like when the queen had met Kagerus. She watches Porcia make herself at home, and finds herself living vicariously through the child’s antics. Hestia warbles her ears looking around for anyone watching when the request is made. At first she thinks no, but before she can get the words out, the look on the girls face makes impossible for her to say it aloud. Picking her way down the trail before reaching the sand all she can think of is if Murc saw her now. The teasing, and the uh-hum, night they would have…

She looks around for anyone that may be watching and when she is sure that no one is looking Hestia begins to gallop. Chasing after the filly until she is matching stride for stride. The salty water clinging to the sparse feathering on her fetlocks. Dear god what are these people doing to her. At first, she keeps quiet tense and uncertain. Her ladylike inhibitions still present in her mind. But slowly the release of energy feels to good to ignore. And she lets out a soft nicker as they make their way around the beach.

HESTIA

The devil whispered in my ear, you’ll never survive the storm
    I whispered back, I am the storm

Porcia

Porcia told Hestia her story, how she lost her parents, the first soul she has ever confided in. To her relief the mare did not mock her, instead she also hopes she can find her family some day. She returned a smile to the mare, it was painful to endure as a foal, but she has moved on and accepted it. This was just her fate, the faeries had a plan for her and this was just a piece of her history. It was then that Hestia shared her story of her own children, she did not spill details but they were no longer with her. Her heart aches for her, she did not have foals of her own but surely the love for your children was indescribable. She knew how it hurt to lose her parents, and surely the pain was similar if not worse. She wanted to curl up next to the mare, comfort her, but instead she just extends her neck and nuzzles her I hope you can find your children some day.

Hestia also notes that she can stay in Nerine, and that the kingdom has many ties. It would be easier to find her parents, a faint smile flickers in her eyes. She has accepted she may never meet her family again, but Nerine was her home and Hestia was filling her mothers shoes. Of course I will stay in Nerine! This is my home now, regardless if I find my family again.

Porcia ran to the beach splashing through the water, she asks for Hestia to join her. The mare took a moment to think if over but in the end she joins her. Porcia is filled with joy, smiling from ear to ear, she throws her head in the air playfully and allows a whinny to escape every now and then. She pushes herself to keep up with the mare, playfully tugging at strands in her mane.

Tell Me Your Fate

@[Hestia] I figure we can end this thread, and I will get that post up for oblivion and Hestia.