• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  hold me in this wild, wild world; Scorch

Hell-raising, it’s been so long since she’s done this, and Nerine slumbers once more. The excitement of a new ruler having died down to a droll thrum. Still she looks around and finds the coast much busier than when she had first ascended. This in and of itself should be considered an accomplishment. She doesn’t. She sees it as a beginning, a start to something much bigger than simple activity. She’s so tired of hearing them speak of how great and wonderful they are just because of the legacy they are built on. They don’t even know the truth of the legacy, naively they look at the collapse of the nations and world as the glory days. No, those were not. The people don’t remember the glory days, except for a few, and those she gathers to herself whispering of plots and ways to bring back the truly glorious days of strength and prosperity.

She’s meandering through the land today, doing nothing particularly exceptional or dazzlingly brilliant. She spots Scorch, her unmistakable advisor. A hint of a smile curls her lips, they’ve not spoken for a while and right now she has a moment to do so. She begins walking towards the woman when she sees Brennen with her. She nods in greeting to both, listening to what Brennen says. At first, she doesn’t know what is being talked of so she remains silent. But then the brotherhood is mentioned, and Hestia picks up on what must be happening.

Her lip curls, I do not believe it’s possible for you to owe the Amazon’s, they are dead. I do, however, think it’s time to come up with a new title for Nerine’s people. What do you think could spark just as much respect and fear, without depending on a dead legacy? She looks between both horses, a slight irritation at hearing the name of the Amazon’s on their lips. Hestia wants them to truly rebuild. Something that is impossible when leaning on a crutch such as the Amazons. Even if in spirit that group is what she is trying to bring back. She continues after words are exchanged. Also, who said anything about a subkingdom? her green eyes flicker with the flame that blazes inside her, mischief coursing through her veins. Oh does she have plans. She looks to Scorch, can she know how much Hestia has missed this sort of thing?

There are so many things about to take place, and this is just the beginning. She looks back to Brennen, tracing the angles of his body. Honestly, she can’t see what all the fuss was about, when she’d heard of the very much eligible bachelor the first time. She sees nothing that would spark her interest and dismisses the rumors for what they are, tall tales meant to give the ladies something to dream up at night. He’s a pleasant enough fellow, and she can see the potential friendship. But he is so far from her type that she fails to see the physical appeal many hold for him.

HESTIA

The devil whispered in my ear, you’ll never survive the storm
    I whispered back, I am the storm

@[Scorch] @[Brennen]
    [Image: 345k45w.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; Scorch - by Hestia - 03-22-2018, 04:34 PM