• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  hold me in this wild, wild world; Scorch
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    As if the very idea of stirring things up is enough to bring the restless together, Nerine's black Queen joins them just as the conversation turns serious, though of course between Brennen and Scorch no conversation is ever without some brief highlights of humor, and his smile quirks a little wider at one such quip she throws in just before Hestia draws up to their little party. Or, perhaps Scorch and Hestia had planned to bring him here since before her invitation when they happened to meet in the Field. Even as Brennen gives the new arrival a nod of respectful greeting, he is turning both ideas over in his head and concluding he doesn't find either idea distasteful; a part of him even hopes it might be the latter - because that would tell him that they aren't jumping into this adventure without careful deliberation, just like Brennen. There is just the faintest hint of amused consternation in his amber eyes at her impassioned, if short, rant, and he finds himself regarding the woman with just the slightest curious tilt of his head through his old friend's pithy response. He doesn't know Hestia well at all, but he trusts Scorch, and the relationship between the two mares is clear enough for him to apply the trust to the queen.

"Does a legacy ever really die?" is his first thoughtful response, "The Brotherhood never had as fierce and catchy a title as 'The Amazons' but there are worse legacies to claim that the ones we hold dear. But I agree that catchy titles might help us usher in a new era of greatness together. If we have no ideas amongst ourselves, perhaps we should open to question to the thinkers within our orders once the dust has settled." What they all choose to call themselves in the end is irrelevant to the warrior-stallion; just as he has come to terms with the island chain instead of the Tundra he will never get back, he is willing to change in other ways to get what he wants. "I cannot think of better allies to have," he says at last, and there is no slowness or hesitation to his words now, but a brutal honesty. He takes a breath, and for a second he feels terribly exposed, as if his vey innermost self is laid bare before them, because he is sure that his heart-deep need for this New Tundra shows in his eyes and his face as his emotions so rarely do. "I am in. Completely and wholly, whatever it takes."

It tastes different now, out in the open instead of buried in the depths of his mind and heart; to have his dream proclaimed into Nerine's salty air before two who will not only hold him to his words but can help him achieve it. "Out of respect for Ischia and its people, I would like to try to do it with no bloodshed. Perhaps it will be the last thing expected out of me, the lifetime warrior, but I would prefer not to bring violence to any of those I currently call comrades, no matter how poorly I think they have been doing in actually serving our Kingdom." He's not a berserker or a blood-lust warrior, though he is certain he has that reputation amongst some who know him only from tales and stories; he is not a pacifist, either, but he prefers to fight for a cause. "Gathering those who are interested into Ischia to simply vote Krone off of the throne, with the threat of further action from those I can assemble with the backing of Nerine should be plenty, I should think, to overcome what little resistance Krone can muster." He doesn't know how much they have looked into his Kingdom's situation before proposing this to him, and he stands ready to make a full report about the inhabitants of his home if the need arises.

"I am also prepared to challenge Krone, though she is not much of a warrior herself; she has made Klaudius her champion and I would most likely end up facing him down instead." Speaking that revelation out loud throws him for a loop and he frowns, wondering what would possess his Queen to make the purple man her champion over himself, given their respective histories, but then he remembers that they are lovers and that tempers his suspicion - she has appointed Brennen a Watcher, after all, and surely she would not do that if she suspected anything. It is only, most likely, pure luck on her part that she has appointed a champion who is not the man who intends to dethrone her. "In my mind, a raid is a last resort. Though of course, I am open to suggestions and strategic planning."

There is a fire igniting beneath his skin now, a fervor and a flame that will drive this to completion. It is not the first time he has been discontent beneath a ruler, but this is the first time he has committed himself wholly to the endeavor of doing something about it; the first time his passion has overthrown his tendency to 'wait and it will get better'. It feels good, and he shifts in his feed and rustles his wings into a more comfortable place against his sides. It feels right to have a purpose and a plan.
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

ooc; this does't have the passion I was hoping for but Brennen wasn't cooperating and I didn't want to keep you busy waiting anymore. :| And I LOVE the idea of the brothers have a title and even maybe matching nicknames for the two kingdoms but I for the life of me can't think of any!! so. open to ideas XD

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; Scorch - by Brennen - 03-27-2018, 09:34 PM