• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  sabra;
    This man who stands before her seems to be a completely separate being from the one she fought only days before. The bloodlust is gone, leaving behind a sweet, uncertain soul. She is surprised by the sense of camaraderie she feels for the light and shadows man, though perhaps her own conflicts are not so extreme. She returns his smile as he reflects on their battle, shaking her head at his complements. 

"Now your the one flattering me. I'm not a born fighter, like you seem to be. I just... I couldn't let Sylva go unrepresented. I did what I could, and it probably wasn't enough..." It never seems to be enough, she finished the thought privately. "I'm not sorry I tried, though. Especially against such an excellent opponent. I certainly learned a few things." She ended on a higher note than she'd begun with, shaking off the feeling of inadequacy that had been dogging her since the match. She was also talking too much, expressing weaknesses she couldn't afford to be known. It was stupid, but she almost felt a sense relief, talking to someone who might just understand. 

The subject turned to the kingdom, and she looked around at the surrounding trees as he did, worry and pride mixed in her expression. "It's quiet. Too quiet, I  sometimes think. I love it, though. I think I've finally gotten home." She had mellowed a bit over the last year, she realized with surprise. She wasn't sure if that wad good or bad. But looking at Castile, the shimmering mare had another thought. 

"Forgive me if this is inappropriate, but... do you ever let him out intentionally? You don't seem like the kind of horse who would take kindly to containment. It makes sense that perhaps he would feel that way too. He might behave better if you let him breath more." She concluded, knowing it was possible she was completely off base. She had gone with the hunch anyway. The queen had not enjoyed a conservation like this in a long time, and wasn't ready for it to end just yet. 

@[Castile]

Messages In This Thread
    sabra; - by Castile - 03-14-2018, 12:46 PM
    RE: sabra; - by Sabra - 03-14-2018, 04:23 PM
    RE: sabra; - by Castile - 03-15-2018, 08:42 AM
    RE: sabra; - by Sabra - 03-19-2018, 12:43 PM
    RE: sabra; - by Castile - 03-19-2018, 02:08 PM
    RE: sabra; - by Sabra - 03-19-2018, 04:06 PM
    RE: sabra; - by Castile - 03-20-2018, 06:31 PM
    RE: sabra; - by Sabra - 03-20-2018, 09:37 PM
    RE: sabra; - by Castile - 03-22-2018, 01:41 PM
    RE: sabra; - by Sabra - 03-22-2018, 03:13 PM