• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  sabra;
    Some things just weren't meant to be. The intense emotions that had surged moments before now simmered in the background. Reality surged back with a vengeance. What was she doing? And his words echoed in her head, underlining the absurdity of the situation. The last of the adrenaline poured off, leaving her cold. 

"Perhaps you're right. In fact, I'm fairly positive you are. To a degree." Brick by brick, her wall restructures around her, visibly distancing herself from the emptiness in her heart. She does not like him any less. But he's right. They don't know each other, and she has responsibilities that don't involve another angst ridden relationship. It was better this way. 

She stepped away, sincerely this time. Small shifts across his body illustrate his words, and she knows he's separating himself the same way. Her eyes shut for a moment, a breath threading in and out of her chest. She smiled at him with her diplomats' face, professional again. "I appreciated the opportunity to face you, Castile. You're a wonderful man and I know that you'll win your fight one day. You are welcome in Sylva as long as I rule here." She paused a moment to meet his mismatched gaze. Twisting to the side, she plucked a pastel pink feather from her right wing. She delicately placed it behind his ear, droplets of her blood leaving a streak of crimson on the paleness of his mane. "A queen's favor. No strings attached. And if you ever want a rematch, well. You know where to find me..." 
    Her controlled smile flashed recklessly flirtatious for just a moment. Was there anything left to say?

@[Castile]

Messages In This Thread
    sabra; - by Castile - 03-14-2018, 12:46 PM
    RE: sabra; - by Sabra - 03-14-2018, 04:23 PM
    RE: sabra; - by Castile - 03-15-2018, 08:42 AM
    RE: sabra; - by Sabra - 03-19-2018, 12:43 PM
    RE: sabra; - by Castile - 03-19-2018, 02:08 PM
    RE: sabra; - by Sabra - 03-19-2018, 04:06 PM
    RE: sabra; - by Castile - 03-20-2018, 06:31 PM
    RE: sabra; - by Sabra - 03-20-2018, 09:37 PM
    RE: sabra; - by Castile - 03-22-2018, 01:41 PM
    RE: sabra; - by Sabra - 03-22-2018, 03:13 PM