• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Growing Pains || {Kiwi}
    I Hope That You Burn

Life had been lonely since she lost her family – or her family lost her, whichever one it was. Durotan was good to her, but he was no play mate. Though generous and protective, he was far too serious. He tried his best, however, to align her with other younglings. Even so, she felt hulking and awkward beside them. She towered over most other horses her age, which made play difficult. She felt guilty for feeling so hopelessly bored around her adopted father. Of course, she was careful to keep her mouth closed against her complaints. The last thing she wished was to make him feel like he wasn’t doing enough for her. He’d already sacrificed his bachelorhood for her, what else could she ask of him?

Together, the pair had wandered through Beqanna in search of a more permanent home. At first, it didn’t feel like a terribly difficult thing to accomplish and, yet, here they were still looking. Maiven wasn’t quite sure where exactly they were, but the smell of salt water was thick upon the air. Durotan also warned her against wandering too far away, saying they weren’t welcome within the borders of Nerine – though, she wasn’t quite sure what Nerine was.

She was still young, and this land was just as much a stranger to it as it was to her. Still, she heeded her guardians warning and kept in the area that he had marked out for her. He was gone now, scouting a safe route for them. He spoke of another place – Tephra – as a good place for her grow up surrounded by friends. The idea pleased her, but she also had a feeling that they were quite far from their destination.

Bored, she blew through lips. The sky was covered in white puffs of clouds and she made a game out of counting them as they glided overhead. She missed her home and the familiarity it brought. The longer she resided in Beqanna the harder it was to believe that she would find the friends that Durotan promised so fervently. She wanted to believe him, wanted to believe that she would be happy in her new family. After all, it was just the two of them and that in and of itself had its positives.

As much as she tried to avoid admitting it, she had grown quite fond of Durotan and his grumpy ways.

Maiven

@[Kiwi] Sorry if this seems a bit rushed. I wanted to get this out for you before I took my daughter to the dentist.