• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Living On the Edge; Breckin

A little breeze goes a long way

The white mare flushes a little when she hears the compliment Breckin makes her; the embodiment of kindness none the less. Then she smiles sheepishly. "Why thank you. It is my first, but I've been around children since I was old enough to babysit my siblings, so I hope I'll be all right." she explains. It's not like the act of conception was based on mutual love, really; but hormones raging and a lust she never knew before had dragged her into this. And for sure, she'd always wanted to be a mother, so now she'd just have love for two for the child. And since she was not alone in Hyaline, but with two good friends besides her, she was rather certain it would work out well.

Her question goes largely unanswered, but it doesn't matter to Ilma right now. She remembers being brought here without much thinking - just the idea that she had from Kagerus that this was a peaceful place and that the kingdom's members couldn't be too bad with Kagerus speaking so highly of them. She smiles at Breckin's half-answer, and nods. "So I hear also. It's good to know to have a neighbour you can trust." she decides on then. Fairness is something she appreciates in the Nerinian queen as well as her spotted conversation partner.

She's given herself another question in return, and nods. "Similar in a way; it's a kingdom and we have a ruler, although Solace is younger than Hestia and very soft in her ways of approaching. Should you meet her it's likely she would not tell you she is queen." she starts. Then the lake comes into view. "Here, this is the reason it's called Hyaline." she offers.

Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time
    Breckin

They carry on, and she becomes lost in the easy-going flow of friendly conversation.  Ilma leads the way through the craggy landscape and Breckin notes the odd intermingling of ruggedness and tenderness of the terra.  For every hard sculpted, wind battered rock they pass by, there is a delicate blossom finding purchase in the unyielding soil.  The contrast of it all is overwhelming, yet the raw beauty is undeniable.  Quietly she wonders if the rest of the residents follow the same suit of their homeland.

The white mare speaks of her queen then, and her attention draws back to the conversation at  hand.   Should you meet her it's likely she would not tell you she is queen. How curious a thing to say.  “She wouldn’t?  Why is that?”  She cannot help but let her curiosity stake its claim on the topic.  It seems rather a strange thing to the leopard mare, to not disclose yourself as royalty upon first meeting someone.  After all, a title holds power  and power is important to a reign.  Though truly it is not everything.  She is intrigued, and the pale woman decides to make it a point to meet Queen Solace in the future.

Approaching the crystal waters, and scanning the distance, she goes quiet in silent admiration of the centerpiece of Hyaline.  A liquid gem in a crown of rubble and slag, the lake sits in the valley of looming peaks.  “It’s stunning,” says quietly, though stunning was for lack of a better word.  

And it’s there that she turns to her newest friend, as a new appreciation of Hyaline dawning brightly in her dark eyes, “Thank you for showing me your home, Ilma.  I think I’ve taken up enough of your time today, so I will make my way out.  I believe I may be calling Nerine home someday, so if you’re ever north and feel like finding a friend, seek me out.”  Softly she smiles at the white pegasus, her nose bumping gently into her colorless shoulder.

chase the sky into the ocean

@[Ilma]

A little breeze goes a long way

Ilma notices how easily Breckin is lost in Hyaline's different views; she still is, herself, too sometimes. She quietly enjoys the speckled mare's admiration of the land as she leads her through the mountains, south towards where the river and lake meet. She chuckles at the question. "I would think it is because she is so modest, but I also think it is a kind of test. Some horses are better behaved knowing to be around royalty, than when they meet a horse of less significant title." Actually, Ilma thinks that Solace has it right that way. It is easier to distinguish who comes with good intentions or bad.

They suddenly round a corner and it's there; the view that never fails to take a newcomer's breath away. It does so now for a heartbeat; then Breckin reveals her thoughts that it is indeed stunning, and Ilma agrees with a happy nod.
    After a moment of time, however, the spotted Knabstuber mare decides that perhaps she has been in Hyaline too long and should return to Nerine. Ilma nods to that as well. "Sure. I would love to." she answers; she's bound for Nerine someday soon anyway, and she will not fail to seek out her new friend as well when she visits.

Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time