• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Living On the Edge; Breckin

A little breeze goes a long way

The white mare smiles a bit when she listens to the spotted female taste the word. "I suspect that the name refers to the lake." she says, trying to be helpful. Then she remembers that, coming from Nerine, Breckin has only seen one of the rivers yet. "Ah, I'll show you. If you want? It is a rather beautiful lake." she explains. Smiling, she almost turns already to guide the newly found visitor, when suddenly the Knabstrüber asks for her name. And magic?

The winged mare smiles apologetically. "Oh, I forgot. Silly me. My name is Ilma. And please, no magic. Just these useless feathers." she rustles the wings. She's not using them because of the budding in her belly; it makes her heavier and she doesn't want to risk flight if it would tire her more than usually. A crash would certainly harm the child growing inside of her. "I hope you can forgive my rudeness. Pregnancy seems to make me forgetful more than anything." she explains.

She nods towards the south. "You ready to see the rest of the kingdom? I'm not sure if we'll meet anyone else on our way, there's not too many of us around right now I think." She hopes that the sanctuary will harbour more horses next year, but so far, she has not recruited many others for this goal. Just passerby's like Breckin, it seemed. But to Ilma, being a welcoming face to friendly visitors was just as important.

@[Breckin]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    Living On the Edge; Breckin - by Ilma - 03-17-2018, 10:00 AM
    RE: Living On the Edge; Breckin - by Breckin - 03-18-2018, 08:55 PM
    RE: Living On the Edge; Breckin - by Ilma - 03-19-2018, 03:24 PM
    RE: Living On the Edge; Breckin - by Breckin - 03-25-2018, 09:14 AM
    RE: Living On the Edge; Breckin - by Ilma - 03-25-2018, 11:26 AM
    RE: Living On the Edge; Breckin - by Breckin - 03-27-2018, 02:58 PM
    RE: Living On the Edge; Breckin - by Ilma - 03-29-2018, 02:46 PM
    RE: Living On the Edge; Breckin - by Breckin - 04-05-2018, 02:30 PM
    RE: Living On the Edge; Breckin - by Ilma - 04-05-2018, 02:45 PM
    RE: Living On the Edge; Breckin - by Breckin - 04-11-2018, 11:15 AM