• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Living On the Edge; Breckin
    Breckin regards the white mare curiously as her lobes rotate rapidly to catch spoken words.  Finally she offers her name and the spotted mare acknowledges Ilma’s smile of apology with a crooked one of her own.  As Ilma rustles her downy feathers, she is slightly disappointed to learn that aside from the wings, the mare has no other abilities for Breckin to learn about.  But the disappointment is quickly replaced with surprise as the mare lifts her wings enough to show off her distended barrel.  It must have been from the viewpoint where Breckin was standing, she hadn’t been able to notice the quite obvious protrusion.  Before the question can even formulate in her head, Ilma is already giving her confirmation that she is in fact pregnant.

To be honest, she cannot even remember a time where she has ever been in the company of an expectant mother.  Nor has she ever even been in love, let alone physical relations with someone else.  The resulting thoughts have her facial features scrunching inward with awkward contemplation.  Did she want to fall in love at some point?  Would she always be a virgin? And what could her and Ilma possibly  have in common to carry on a conversation? A flurry of questions carry on in her head, but ultimately she decides to shove away these thoughts.  It would do her no good in the pleasant company of someone else to keep worrying about unimportant things for the moment.  And as for the concern of not having anything in common with the white mare, well she would just have to start being polite and try to get to know her simply put.

Visibly, Breckin shakes herself to clear her rambling thoughts and her gaze realigns with Ilma’s, as a brighter smile spreads her dark lips.  ”I will forgive you, if you find that you can forgive me in return.  My thoughts seemed to have distracted me momentarily and I apologize if I came off as being rude.”  She nod s her pale head in the direction of Ilma, “Congratulations on your little one.  Are you due soon?”

In a few steps she closes the gap between herself and the winged mare, and takes a few more steps further to the south.  Turning back towards Ilma again she smiles, ”I’d love to see the lake or whatever else this kingdom has to offer.  Lead the way.

@[Ilma]

Messages In This Thread
    Living On the Edge; Breckin - by Ilma - 03-17-2018, 10:00 AM
    RE: Living On the Edge; Breckin - by Breckin - 03-18-2018, 08:55 PM
    RE: Living On the Edge; Breckin - by Ilma - 03-19-2018, 03:24 PM
    RE: Living On the Edge; Breckin - by Breckin - 03-25-2018, 09:14 AM
    RE: Living On the Edge; Breckin - by Ilma - 03-25-2018, 11:26 AM
    RE: Living On the Edge; Breckin - by Breckin - 03-27-2018, 02:58 PM
    RE: Living On the Edge; Breckin - by Ilma - 03-29-2018, 02:46 PM
    RE: Living On the Edge; Breckin - by Breckin - 04-05-2018, 02:30 PM
    RE: Living On the Edge; Breckin - by Ilma - 04-05-2018, 02:45 PM
    RE: Living On the Edge; Breckin - by Breckin - 04-11-2018, 11:15 AM