• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Closing Ceremonies
    It is after dark, yet the arena is lit as bright as day. Banners flirt with the wind, shining gold, silver and bronze. The moonless sky is clear overhead, the stars unusually bright. Music winds through the air triumphantly, unseen lyres and flutes singing a song of victory. The competitors are arranged by team, the Strength participants having just returned from a bath of utter relaxment. For the next few days, there will be no pain, no tension, no stress. Now, though, the excitement infects all present. 

As she has before, the Goddess appears accompanied by her customary flash of light. The air itself simmers with tension as she pirouettes in a slow circle, taking in the scene with euphoria. 

"Greetings Beqanna! I am impressed with what I have witnessed these past few days. Truly, the horses of this land demonstrate many kinds of Courage, Intelligence and Strength. You should all be proud. However, this wouldn't be a competition if everyone won. Which brings us to the main event of the night! In a surprising turn of events, we have a tie for third place with a grand total of 78 points. Unfortunately, there can only be one team in each place. Team Beta, Team Gamma welcome to Sudden Death! The first member of one of your teams to reach me will win your team the final point to put you ahead. When third pave is finalized, they shall receive:
    • The option to permanently alter their manes and tails fully or partially to metallic bronze. 
    • A small (hand sized or smaller) marking of your choice.

With a total of 90 points, congratulations Team Iota on second place! Khaedrik, Belgaer, Scorch, well done! For your tenacity and fortitude, you are awarded the following:
    •The option to permanently alter your manes and tails fully or partially to metallic silver. 
    • An immunity to one element

The music which has been only background noise till now rises into a crescendo. The lights of the arena dance and whirl and come to a rest spotlighting... Team Zeta! With an incredible 92 total points, Madelyn, Amorette and Leilan, you are the victors of the Beqanna Games! The three of you showed consistent success throughout all three events, and the great heart, mind and endurance you displayed are a credit to yourselves and your people. For your good work, you are awarded the following:
    • The option to permanently alter your manes and tails fully or partially to metallic gold
    • The touch of the gods. Which is to say, you may claim an Aura, the type of which is up to you. Use it well. 

Teams Beta and Gamma, think fast! Only one member from each team needs to respond, and whoever is first takes third place for their whole team! Tell me, what is the only breed of truly undomesticated horse left in the world?

Thank each and every one of you for your effort and participation! This has been fun to host and I promise if I ever try to host a quest again, everything will be pre written before the quest starts! If you choose to accept your gifts, please post them to the Updates board <3
    Przewalski's horse
    Team Beta takes Third Place!
    That was a lot of fun! Smile

And when you say marking, are you implying just a regular marking like a blaze, sock, etc? Or would the marking be bronze and can be anything, or...? I just want to clarify before I post anything Big Grin
    Answering questions:
    1. New traits can be genetic or not, I'll leave that up to you and the update board.
    2. Markings can be any shape or color
    3. New mane/tail colors can be genetic as well. Annotate genetic codes accordingly Smile

Hope this clears done things up!
    Winners don't forget that manes, tails, and markings are easy to update on pixel ponies. Wink