• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'm A Dark Horse || {Solace}

Solace

Winter's chill has passed, along with the mud and rain of early spring. The snow has melted, weeping in rivulets down the mountainsides, awakening the sleeping earth. Life abounded, but little of it was new - the same ancient trees blossomed fresh, the same patches of land adorned their slopes with perennial blooms. 

Her land was resilient, it would be here long after they were gone.

With the days growing warmer, the young queen is often drawn to the sea along Hyaline's western coast. It was the border she loved the most, yet the one where she spent the least amount of time. Travelers rarely came from the sea, travelers always needed greeting.

She flys inland, yet the seawater is still clinging to her coat this morning. As she glides, the sunlight distills the ocean's leavings into a fine layer of salt across her already pale body - curling her made into crisp ringlets and leaving little flakes in her lashes. She would find time to rinse in the lake later, but now the sight of a stranger draws her focus.

He seems to be enjoying the vantage point he has found, and she almost feels bad for interrupting his thoughts - but many who came to Hyaline were looking for more than just a nice view and fresh air and she decides now is as good a time as any to introduce herself.

Despite the gusty day, Solace makes a graceful landing on the cliff several lengths away from the newcomer. "Hello," She calls over the wind, taking a few strides closer so she can speak without yelling. "You have reached Hyaline, the sanctuary. Is there someone I can help you find? Or are you just enjoying the view?"

caretaker of hyaline

Solghostdoll2

Messages In This Thread
    I'm A Dark Horse || {Solace} - by Arithmetic - 03-20-2018, 07:54 PM
    RE: I'm A Dark Horse || {Solace} - by Solace - 03-21-2018, 04:26 PM
    RE: I'm A Dark Horse || {Solace} - by Arithmetic - 03-23-2018, 08:00 AM
    RE: I'm A Dark Horse || {Solace} - by Solace - 03-29-2018, 10:15 AM
    RE: I'm A Dark Horse || {Solace} - by Arithmetic - 04-05-2018, 10:40 AM
    RE: I'm A Dark Horse || {Solace} - by Solace - 04-11-2018, 05:52 PM
    RE: I'm A Dark Horse || {Solace} - by Arithmetic - 04-16-2018, 08:07 PM