• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'm A Dark Horse || {Solace}

Before him the horizon remained unchanged. Crisp, snow capped mountains stood cut against the rich blue of the cloudless sky. The height of his perch granted him a vantage point worthy of the gods. Below him sparse foliage braved the rocky range and tilted leaned slightly at the push of the wind. Off in the distance a bird circled, keeping a watchful eye over her skyward kingdom. He envied the freedom of the sky’s never-ending expanse.

Often, as a foal, he imagined what it would be like to have been blessed with the gift of flight. He’d watched various mock aerial battles between the few stallions around him who’d been born with wings. Their agility and ease of travel had been impressive to him.

As he continued to watch the bird glide through the air, Arithmetic’s ears flicked forward, there was a scent on the air – the tell-tale perfume of another horse. Glancing around him he searched for the owner of such a scent. The space below him was void of any new movement and all around him the sound of his own breathing was the only other. Yet, the fragrance continued to grow stronger.

His eyes fixed themselves upon the flying figure once more and realization swept over him. Closer than before his mistake was painfully obvious. Carried by wings almost as blue as the sky, her petite frame flooded his vision. Almost above him, he felt her eyes fall upon him almost questioningly. Circling over him once more, she landed deftly upon a cliffside a mere walking distance away. Her eyes remained glued on him, almost as though she were trying to decide if he was a threat or not. He allowed an unassuming smile to spread across the scruff of his face.

Her greeting traveled over the wind and the formality of it set him to searching her face. The regal mare held herself with a regality that demanded notice and he found her presence almost stiff. Lowering his head, he took a tentative step towards her as he kept his eyes glued on her in order to gauge her reaction.

”Searching?” He repeated her question thoughtfully. ”I must admit that I am a stranger to this land, as well as her people. I am simply a pilgrim on a quest to marvel upon the majesty of Hyaline.”

He’d had no way of knowing that he’d stumbled onto some kind of sanctuary. Hyaline was one of the only lands that he’d never been tempted to visit – until now. If more of it’s residences looked like the mare standing before him, he would be inspired to visit more often.

Arithmetic
    I Don't Make Love

@[Solace]

Messages In This Thread
    I'm A Dark Horse || {Solace} - by Arithmetic - 03-20-2018, 07:54 PM
    RE: I'm A Dark Horse || {Solace} - by Solace - 03-21-2018, 04:26 PM
    RE: I'm A Dark Horse || {Solace} - by Arithmetic - 03-23-2018, 08:00 AM
    RE: I'm A Dark Horse || {Solace} - by Solace - 03-29-2018, 10:15 AM
    RE: I'm A Dark Horse || {Solace} - by Arithmetic - 04-05-2018, 10:40 AM
    RE: I'm A Dark Horse || {Solace} - by Solace - 04-11-2018, 05:52 PM
    RE: I'm A Dark Horse || {Solace} - by Arithmetic - 04-16-2018, 08:07 PM