• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    searching for myself
    This is a friendly steal of one horse from one land.
    Terms: If successful, the horse will accompany Jesper to Sylva and, stay for one BQ season (two (2) real-life weeks).

This riddle is as follows:

Dear Mr. Finley,

My brother and I just read your poem in class. Our names are Devon and Ian. We are learning how to rhyme, like this:

Deep, down under the bay,
    Something lurks both night and day.
    The darkness soon comes to light
    With a fire so bright.
    The broken pieces burst up high
    Until gravity pulls them from the sky.

Yesterday, Mr. Bentonite (our teacher) let us wear Tiogas for Spirit day! Mom would not let us wear them to bed. We live in Boonville. Devon’s favorite animal is an eagle because they have big wings; they also have big talons! Ian’s favorite animal is a Betta fish because they can breathe underwater. We have a blue Betta named Fire. We hope he lives a really, long time!

Devon and Ian
    Sorry little nephew, but we're blocking steal of Longclaw from Warrick of Tephra.

Devon and Ian are two boys killed by their mother, who also killed her husband with a sword -> Longclaw is a sword from Game of Thrones
    Longclaw is blue
    Longclaw also has white fire manipulation (Finley means "white or fair" and there are several references to fire).

The Warrick School Corporation is in Boonville, IN. Warrick is also bay (in the poem) and has wings (in the text).

Bentonite is formed from Volcanic ash (Tephra), and there are several references to fire - the volcano. Volcanos can also be underwater.

<3, Dagny and Ollie
    Dear Mr. Finley (“Mr. Finley” = referring to John Finley; author of “The Hoosier’s Nest” which is considered one of the first places where Hoosier refers to Indiana),

My brother and I just read your poem in class (“your poem” = Mr. Finley’s Poem; search “Finley’s poem” in google and, first hit is “The Hoosier’s Nest”; reference to Indiana). Our names are Devon and Ian (“Devon and Ian” = Devonian period; is the period Tioga Bentonite dates back to). We are learning how to rhyme, like this:

Deep, down under the bay (“bay” = Warrick is a bay; Warrick clue #1),
    Something lurks both night and day.
    The darkness soon comes to light
    With a fire so bright.
    The broken pieces burst up high (“broken pieces burst up high” = fragments ejecting; Tephra clue #1)
    Until gravity pulls them from the sky (Really all six of these lines describe a volcano erupting).

Yesterday, Mr. Bentonite (our teacher) let us wear Tiogas for Spirit day (“Bentonite Tioga/Tioga Bentonite” = type into Google “Bentonite Tioga”. Google suggests Tioga Bentonite. First result is a research paper which states: “The Tioga Bentonite is the best known, widespread, sedimentary accumulation of volcanic ash”. Volcanic ash = Tephra, clue #2)! Mom would not let us wear them to bed (“bed” = Tioga Bentonite is found in the Tioga Bentonite bed). We live in Boonville (“Boonville” = Boonville is a city in Boon Township, in Warrick County, Indiana; hence why the Indiana context clues; Warrick clue #2). Devon’s favorite animal is an eagle because they have big wings (“wings” = Warrick has wings; Warrick clue #3); they also have big talons (“talons” = synonym for claws; Longclaw clue #1)! Ian’s favorite animal is a Betta fish because they can breathe underwater. We have a blue Betta named Fire (either “blue” or “Fire” = if blue, Longclaw is a blue roan. If fire, Longclaw has White Fire Manipulation; Longclaw clue #2). We hope he lives a really, long time (“long” = long is first half of Longclaw; Longclaw clue #3)!

Devon and Ian

Warrick, ding!
    Tephra, ding!
    Longclaw, ding!

Excellent team work, Tephra! I shall try not to be as vague with my next one Wink <3 Jesper