• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Too Good At Goodbyes || Any
    At least she had won. At least she had something to show for her vulnerability. Me? All I have is a swollen belly that threatens to spill its content and take my life as it does, a terror in my throat and in my lungs and in my mind that pervades all else. But in truth, no prize would make up for this. No gold streaks will ever make me proud. I love my family and they love me for who I am - it's not about pride - it's not about winning - it's just about us.

And in my absence, us should be expanded to fill my place.

I recognize her from the tournament. Besides the silver tail, I recognize her as the girl who spoke death as her biggest fear. And I suppose that had been my fear, too, in a simple kind of way. My hooves are carrying me over a path that leads to Ischia as I'm on my way back to Hyaline from the river when I spot her, bay coat, purple spots. My course changes.

"Mosrael, right?" There's another mare here, Lamb, and I glance to her. "I'm Kagerus, from the games." The child inside me kicks, and I grimace, ducking my head for a moment before returning my pointed gaze to the appaloosa mare.

"I couldn't help but think you'd fit in well in Hyaline. That's where I'm from. Where I'll... Have been from, someday soon."
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Too Good At Goodbyes || Any - by Mosrael - 03-21-2018, 04:14 PM
    RE: Too Good At Goodbyes || Any - by Lavendel - 03-21-2018, 08:00 PM
    RE: Too Good At Goodbyes || Any - by Kagerus - 03-22-2018, 01:04 AM
    RE: Too Good At Goodbyes || Any - by Mosrael - 03-23-2018, 11:39 AM
    RE: Too Good At Goodbyes || Any - by Ilma - 03-23-2018, 04:40 PM