• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

No man can truly tame a wolf - Brennen, Dario, Drax
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    Despite his current fascination with Galilee and the fifth child she will bear them any day now, Brennen also remembers the green mare in the depths of the forest, and their long night. He remembers telling her where to find him, should she need to, and he wonders if she had conceived a child or if she would bring it to meet him or raise it herself - over the years he's never gotten any better at guessing which mares will keep their offspring to themselves, which will share, and which will drop them off with Brennen and disappear. He knows he has not met all of his children, and ponders their fates many long nights, but he always gives the dam the option, and chooses to treasure those he does know.

Today he is walking along the beach, a change to his usual patrol method of flying, and he stops near the treelike to glance at the crossing-place at low tide; he is surprised to see not a single equine crossing there but a trio, and his heart leaps at the familiar form of the green mare, and elated at the presence of not one but two children at her side - and surely she would not be bringing them to Ischia if they were not his. Immediately he jumps up into an animated trot, calling out to them in a friendly voice as he approaches, eyeing the two colts (two colts!) in wonderment as if they are his first children. "Umqra," he greets the mare warmly, but make no attempt to touch her; they are not that close, having met only the once. "And who are these two fine young gentlemen?" He turns honey-brown eyes to the boys again, taking it all in; one is bay like Brennen, the other bay but with green instead of black, and he alone of the three has fluffy little wings pinioned to his sides, and the warrior stallion is thrilled with both of them. One to look like him, and one to share his joy of flight; and two colts to raise on his paradise-island alongside Galilee's filly.

But spring fades into summer in the blink of an eye on the tropical islands, and he notices she already looks exhausted, without the addition of humidity and sun beating down and reflecting from the white sands. "Come, let us go into the shade of the trees and I will show you where to find fresh water," he says in obvious concern for the mother of his sons, but also for the well-being of the boys themselves. Already the water is rising behind them, true low tide lasting only a few minutes, so they have to stay the night no matter what, and he is hoping they plan to stay quite a bit longer than that.
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Messages In This Thread
    RE: No man can truly tame a wolf - Brennen, Dario, Drax - by Brennen - 03-24-2018, 08:09 PM