• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Gasping For Air-[Hod]
    Josie
    like the dancer before me

She has only been back in Beqanna for a short week, she feels relieved. The memories of her and Akkadian have bothered her, but not as much as she imagined. Once she can find a kingdom to settle into, and companions to surround herself with, she will be back to her happy normal self. 

The ebony mare has trekked through many kingdoms, she did not claim one after the destruction of the Tundra. She does not know there names, or if they are accepting to strangers. She has passed through kingdoms full of trees, and kingdoms by the sea, today she visits a kingdom that has a narrow bridge secluding it from the rest of beqanna. That seemed safe enough, she proceeded with caution, for all she knew it was an island with only one way out, and surely the kingdom members would know there way around much better than she.

The ebony mare flicks her tail at the pesky flies that are happy to have the warm weather, ready to feed off the equines for another year. A small smile still manages to tug at her lips, the warmth this kingdom has, the trees are green and beautiful. There are birds she has never seen, with such vibrant colors. It was interesting enough, now if she could only find another who lived here.

@[Hod]

Half of my heart knows just what it wants of me

His feet picked carefully through sand and seaweed, a trail of prints unwinding behind him.  The parrots were celebrating something it seemed, whistling and chattering louder than usual. He whistled back to them, muddled echoes of the surroundings bouncing back in his mind discordantly. There were too many layers, he would have to navigate by his native senses instead. 

Wandering the familiar paths of the jungle, he segued back to the beach as he always did. Cantering steadily over the strip of fine sand, he bee lined for the sound of waves splashing in. Cool water spattered his skin as he kept on his path, running until his feet no longer touched anything but the sea. Deeper still he went until the water closed over his head. All sound vanished, and his nostrils shuttered against the invading sea. 

He drifted like this for a few minutes. Not thinking, not feeling. Just being. All too soon his breath ran out, though this was many minutes after most horses would have needed to surface. With powerful kicks he broke the surface. Deep draws of air expanded his chest, a fine mist clouding his exhale. Stroking the sea like a lover, he made his way back toward Ischia, and the sea let him from her embrace once again. His saltwater soaked pelt turned charcoal with wetness, his mane hung heavy with it. A few more steps and the dry sand clung to the ebony of his hooves. A shower of droplets radiated from his body as he shook hard, making a rainbow halo about his form for just an instant. 

He was just about to drop to his knees for a good roll when a small sound caught him off guard. Damn, he hadn't been paying attention. "Krone? Kylin? Er, sorry, who's there?" He called out, smiling uncertainly. It was no secret that he enjoyed his time in the water, but it was another thing to be caught in the act of it. Pausing to catch his breath, he realized that the scent that went with the sound was not familiar. He hoped his little display hadn't scared them off. 

@[Josie]
    @[Hod]

Josie

She pushed farther and farther into the kingdom, still not a soul in sight. The colorful parrots squabbled loudly and she hoped it was because a horse was causing a disturbance. She trotted happily towards them, swaying her tail back and forth but she was disappinted that no equine was there to greet her. Alas she found herself next to water once again.

The strong scent of salt crossed her nares, she was about to turn away but she saw a horse floating in the water, at first she watched to judge there body language. But a few moments went by and the equine still layed in the water, motionless. She scanned the horizon and with no others in sight she bolted towards the equine, but she slid to a halt as the spotted stag moved. She quickly ran closer towards the brush hoping that she was out of sight. Again she went back to watch him, he left the water but appeared almost upset that he had to. He did not seem bad.

She moves closer deciding how to approach him. He was headed her way when he stopped and looked around at sand. She moves her right foot forward trying to get a glance when she accodently steps on some washed up wood. Her hiding was shot, she was noticed. He calls out a few names, non of which she claims. Can he not see? She moves closer, now only a few paces away H...Hello I am Josie She starts to introduce herself when she notices a large blood stain on his shoulder OH MY GOSH YOUR BLEEDING! She closes the gap pressing her muzzle to his shoulder, but this was no blood, it was just his pelt. An awakward chuckle escaped her maw and she backed up a few paces Guess not....sorry about that Mortified of her embarassing mistake, how could she look so stupid. In her defense he had unique coloring to begin with. As I was saying....My name is Josie, I was just exploring, I hope thats okay? she asks hopeful he would accept her presence.

Half of my heart knows just what it wants of me

There was no one, and then there was someone right beside him. She was warm against his still damp skin, and seemed awfully concerned about something on his shoulder. He was bleeding? He didn't remember scraping against anything... But then she withdrew with an embarrassed laugh. Well that was one way to introduce yourself. 

He laughed as well, smiling in her direction. "I think I have a marking there, it's been mentioned before... Josie, right? I'm Hod. And you're perfectly fine exploring. Have you been to Ischia before? I dont remember your scent." He tilted his head to one side, listening to the ambient sounds. He needed to pay attention more, he'd already been caught unaware once this morning. 

The grey man offered his muzzle in introduction, a slight bow in his neck as he did. He may be scruffy and salt covered, but he could still be a gentleman. Ears flicking back and forth, he took in as much information as he could about the day. It was sunny, clear, a light breeze. The water had been calm and was beginning to warm up again. The parrots in the palm trees were calling out their spring mating sounds. And from what he could tell, he had just come upon a rather sweet hearted mare. It was shaping into a very pleasant day. 

@[Josie]
    @[Hod] ^^

Josie

The sleek ebony mares heart was beating, and her body was warm with embarassment. The first horse she runs into and she mistakes his marking for a patch of blood. She wanted to run away and hide but alas her feet would not listen, they stayed planted to the sand below them.

He laughs and she relaxes a little hoping that meant he did not think she was a total idiot. I think I have a mark there he notes. Can he not see? She is confused but it would be rude to ask, she glances at his eyes. They were blue, but not a normal blue they were more cloudy than anything. It appeared that he could not see at a hundred percent, but she was not certain.

He introduces himself as Hod, to her relief he was not angered that she was lingering the island. He called it Ischia, a name for the beautiful land. He asks if she had been here before and she shakes her head No, I lived in Beqanna a few years back. All these kingdoms are new to me, but this one is beautiful. May I stay here? Short and to the point, she liked it here and she hoped that she could call this her new home.

The gray speckled stag gives a slight bow and reaches his muzzle out to her. It had been a long time since she had touched another. At first she hesitated but gave in and extended her own neck gently touching her muzzle to his own. He smelled of salt water and he was still slightly wet from his swim but it did not bother Josie. She smiled as she pulled her neck back in It is nice to meet you Hod
    There was a pause, and he knew what it meant. It happened when he met someone who began to realize he couldn't see them, but was too polite to comment on it. It didn't bother him, not like it had when he was a foal. He let her ponder for a moment before clearing his throat softly. "No, I can't see, if that's what you're wondering. Not beyond light and dark contrasts, anyway. It's okay." He reassured her, smiling faintly. He'd been blind since he was born, and you couldn't miss what you'd never had. 

She moved on to her purpose quickly. He was a little surprised to find out that she was from before. Before Beqanna was laid out the way it was, before he and his brother had found haven here. Perhaps she was older than she sounded? Her forthright question leaves no room to consider it. "I don't see why not. As long as you mean no harm to the kingdom, you're welcome here. I couldn't imagine you harming anyone." He added softly. 

The touch of her muzzle on his is soft and simple, and he lets the clean scent of her fill him for a moment. There was a smile in her voice as she pulled away, and his own smile grew to meet hers. Even with his predatory teeth, there was nothing but warmth in his face. "It's nice to meet you too, Josie. If there's anything I can do to help you settle in, you need only ask. I love living here, I think you'll enjoy it too." The misty man thought about the island he'd called home for almost two years now, about the sweet smelling flowers, and the always warm air, and knew he'd never find a place he loved as much as this one. Hopefully Josie would come to feel the same way. 

@[Josie]
    @[Hod]

Josie

He knew what she was thinking, and he confirmed it. He could not see, he attempted to reassure her that it did not bother him but she felt awful. What an impression she was leaving with him, Im sorry... she mumbled hesitantly. It was not pitty that she felt, but embarassed that she tip toed around it I just didnt want to be rude. she admits. Although it may be viewed as a defect she finds it a strength, his eyesight is gone, but he is more in tune with the earth around them.

The conversation moves on, and he says she is welcome to stay so long as she does not cause harm to the kingdom. Her ears perk forward with joy and a humble laugh escapes her maw No, I am not much of a fighter. which was true. She was much better at politics and recruiting, her friendly attitude was contagious to stangers.

There quick moment of shared nuzzling left a smile on both of them. He almost sounds ready to depart and let her explore but she wasn't ready to leave. No, Josie wanted to be in his company still, there was so much more to learn about him. He notes he loves living in Ischia and to let him know if he can do anything for her. She takes the opprotunity to keep him in her company Actually, do you mind showing Ischias newest resident around? A smile on her maw, eager to see more of the Island, from someone who knows the island. She gently turns around and moves farther away from the beach, closer to the main land. She looks back to Hod, hopeful he would agree. How long have you lived here? She was curious, Was he new as well? Or was he here since the kingdom was created?

An amused smirk played over his face as she asked him to show he around. "Are you certain you want me to be the one giving you a tour? I'm not actually sure what you'd want to look at..." he admitted, realizing that while he may think a certain flower smelled beautiful, it may very well look plain or ragged. 

Despite his concerns, he followed her as she moved up the beach. The soft crunch of sand betrayed her motions, told him which way she was going. Inland, towards the heart of the island. His body made his mind up for him. Careful steps brought him back to the Josie's side. "I've lived here a almost two years now. Came here as a two year old, was travelling with my brother. What brought you here?" The grey youth made small talk as they went, curious about the life of the woman whose company he'd found. 

He considered the direction they were going. If they veered a bit left, they could go to the waterfalls on the east end of the island... he'd been told they made lovely rainbows as the afternoon sunlight hit them. 

@[Josie]
    Josie

For a moment he thought about accompanying her, he could have easily said no, but to her relief he agreed. He asked if she really wanted him to show her around, he did not know what she wanted to see. True, he could not see, but Josie did not mind. Hod was so in tune to his surroundings he could probably show her some spots in Ischia that others take for granted. Yes, I would love a tour from you A smile tugged at her lips, and a small nicker escaped her maw.

He moved closer, ready to start there tour of the kingdom. He now stood beside her and she found it comforting to be around another. She was alone for so many years that it was strange to be with another. He answers her question, noting he had lived here for two years. And then asks what it was that brought her to back to Beqanna, to ischia.

She travels aside him, remaining silent for a few moments. How much did she want to share? How much did he want to know? Well, I think it was three years ago I left. I lost a dear friend of mine during the shift in land. I could not bare it and I decided it would be easier to leave Beqanna all together. She gazes off to the right, she could picture the black arabian clear as day. Flickering her attention back to Hod And then I got lonely when I left, I never found others to stay with. So I decided to come back to my home, to Beqanna. A small smile tugs at her lips, the memories of her upbringing in Beqanna, her gentle mother and adoptive father.  Anyways, I had looked around the other kingdoms and this one really attracted me. She smiles and prances forward, she shifts to the left Whats to the left here? she asks with a gentle smile excited to explore the island further.

@[Hod]