• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Your voice is right enough; Brennen
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    It is strange, to him, that there is no winter on the islands. To have gone from a home where summer was the shortest season, and quite mild, to a place where summer reigns supreme three seasons out of four, with winter bringing only slightly milder climes, is quite an adjustment. A pleasant one, but disorienting nonetheless. There is little to differentiate spring on Ischia except the birth of foals and chicks, and he has noticed his friends amongst the birds have been less social lately, devoted instead to feeding the noisy creatures in their nests. And in truth, he didn't know anything could be louder than the parrots, but their chicks are nearly deafening when they are hungry! Still, they do not neglect the task he has convinced them to take on, and a blue male comes looking for Brennen with shrill cries of 'Stranger, Stranger!' long before the bay stallion hears his name on the wind, and so he is already halfway back to the beach at a brisk trot when he does hear the unfamiliar voice.

Not for the first time, he is glad to have found a place where the inhabitants are as curious about the residents as they are smart; instead of avoiding him like the wildlife of his other homes, the birds seek him out frequently and have been happy to take up part of the burden of monitoring their shores and skies. Long strides have brought him out of the jungle now and Brennen slows, lifting his head to get a better look at the other stallion standing some distance away, clearly having crossed quite recently as the waters are only just beginning to cover the sand bars fully again, once more closing the path to the island until the next day. He doesn't call a greeting, as he assumes if the strange is looking for him by name, he'll be expecting him to come. Instead he just slows to a Walk as he gets close, and then halts and gives a polite nod, a curious tilt of his head as he takes in the boy's gold streaks, and tries to remember if he'd noticed him during the games' he had been a spectator, but focused mainly on his children and grandchildren that had been participating, so he had missed a lot of the rest' but he thinks he remembers this boy, as he remembers may of those who had been most exemplary (his own trio amongst the winning teams, which made him swell with pride). "Welcome to Ischia," he says politely, amber eyes not unfriendly but guarded. "Brennen, at your service."
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Ooc: sorry this sucks I'm on my phone and just trying to get some stuff up. :/ will try to do better next time. I don't think they've ever met so I didn't have Brennen recognize him.

Messages In This Thread
    Your voice is right enough; Brennen - by Leilan - 03-25-2018, 11:08 AM
    RE: Your voice is right enough; Brennen - by Brennen - 03-26-2018, 04:05 PM