• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Your voice is right enough; Brennen
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    Leilan speaks the truth as Brennen, too, had known it, and he finds a small comfort he had never realized he was looking for in that fact. Sometimes, he still feels guilty for leaving the service of Nerine and the guardianship of Hyaline (and certainly there are those who think he should!) but he had always felt the same discrimination that Leilan speaks of; the same he is sure his daughters and lovers had felt in the Tundra; but that of course is why he and Scorch and Hestia plan to tie their two Kingdoms together, so it will be easy for the swap of those amongst them who would better fit in the other place.

As to the shell – he shakes his head, frowning at the memory. “No. Many of us saw the shell glowing on the beach, some of us later shared seeming to have had strange dreams upon touching it, but it was Krone who appeared the next morning with it attached to her head, and claiming the land chose her.” The more he thinks about this, the weirder it gets but hey – hind sight. “But there were only a couple of us then, and I thought perhaps she had promise as a leader, so we let it go.” He hadn’t been ready, yet, to even think about taking a new home for the Brotherhood – not ready, emotionally, to finally give up the Tundra.

Once again, Scorch has not failed him; her son shows himself curious and eager to hear what Brennen has to say about the Brotherhood. He nods in response to the roan’s idea of the Brotherhood, because that is about what the rest of them have envisioned. A band of men, yes, with a few women sprinkled in who have proven themselves. Brothers. It is the word he lives and dies on, now. His purpose. “If all goes well, we are simply going to follow the law of the land,” he admits, because the plan is grand in its simplicity. “There are few here on the island that are actually Ischians, anymore; most are my family and those we have begun to recruit for the Brotherhood. When we think we are ready, sometime quite soon, we will simply take a vote and remove Krone from the throne, and that will be all it takes for Ischia to belong to the Brotherhood.”

Oh, how he hopes it will be so simple; but of course they have laid in contingency plans. “If all does not go that smooth, plan B is that I will challenge Krone for her throne, though I expect I would face her champion in battle instead because she is not a great warrior. I do not want to spill any blood unnecessarily, though, and to discourage such an outcome, your mother and her Queen have pledged Nerine’s support for the cause.” Brennen does not know that the Nerinians have had a meeting in which not all were as enthusiastic in their support, but it wouldn’t matter if he did; he trusts Scorch, and would trust that she and her queen will find a way to back him regardless. “Tentatively, we were planning our coup for after the Alliance has ended, but with the way everything is proceeding, we might well be ready far ahead of schedule.”
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Messages In This Thread
    Your voice is right enough; Brennen - by Leilan - 03-25-2018, 11:08 AM
    RE: Your voice is right enough; Brennen - by Brennen - 04-10-2018, 09:27 PM