• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;
    haze like a fever
    i fell like a dreamer for sweet tea and lemonade; it clings to my t-shirt it’s loud and it lingers, designed to suffocate. i light up to find what i’ve known all this time, there’s some beauty here yet
    He reminds her of a grandfather. While she can tell he is younger than that from the muscle of his body and the shape of his face, Wishbone can’t help but pin his personality down to an achy old man. The thought would have brought a startling laugh to her mouth if it weren’t for the tense, rugged atmosphere of their encounter. And while the girl would’ve helped any cranky old man, even if they snapped at her, she doesn’t pressure him into taking her shoulder while he rises.

He confirms the blood as his own and immediately her sunset eyes scan over his body again, searching for the source. Wishbone can’t deny the entire situation seems far too sketchy, especially with Castile’s brief answers to her questions, and when she can’t find the integumentary wound she firmly decides it is suspicious. But the stallion seems too weak to attack her, so she decides there’s no harm in sticking around.

Despite her unfiltered obsession with summiting the volcano, Castile’s presence finally draws her mind away from that adventure.

“I was on my way to the top of the volcano.” It brings Wishbone back around to her environment, away from the detailed investigation rolling through her mind. The rocks are warm beneath her feet while the summer breeze tangles with her auburn-lighted locks. A reckless, though brief, smile finds her sable mouth. “It seems like you’ve interrupted my adventure.”

Her eyes scan over his weak body again. Despite his attempts to nudge her away from the most obvious elephant in the room, Wishbone’s stubborn and she won’t be going down so easy. “You need water and a good bath to clean those… wounds.” Her gaze latches firmly onto his own and the expression there does little to hide the fact that she knows he doesn’t have any visibly bleeding injuries. “Let me help you down the trail. I know where the best hot spring is.”

She takes his shoulder without question and turns toward the trail leading back down the volcano’s face.
    credit to eliza of adoxography.

@[Castile] / So I figured this would be a good place to end the thread since it's so far back time-line wise, but you're welcome to reply as well. I'm thinking she probably just helped him down, got him something to drink, and let him chill in a hot spring until he felt well enough to leave Tephra

Messages In This Thread
    anyone; - by Castile - 03-27-2018, 03:02 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Wishbone - 03-28-2018, 09:52 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Castile - 03-29-2018, 02:56 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Wishbone - 04-08-2018, 11:56 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Castile - 04-22-2018, 03:25 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Wishbone - 04-25-2018, 01:45 PM