• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Let's go for a walk in your garden of Eden
    She would come back. She had to. She belonged to the sea, and always had. Maybe he'd been foolish to think that he would be enough to keep her on shore, and his the gift of the monsoon had given him a way to follow her into the water. Too late. Nyxa had vanished into the cold sea, as he knew she would some day. His heart had gone with her. 

It was evening, he was fairly sure. The air was cool and sweet as it washed over his face, a breeze twisting tendrils of hair with a loving caress. He stood belly deep off the shore. It was like a heartbeat, the way it pulsed around him. He could stand here for eternity, just carried by the ocean's strength. Maybe he would. With any luck, it would carry him to her, and this time he wouldn't let go. Nothing on earth could make him. He knew what he'd lost now, and regretted it deeply. "Come back to me, Nyx..." he breathed into the twilit air. 

He was a patient man. He would wait for her. 

@[Nyxa] open ended, love sick post. Just in case <3
    She had ... forgotten.

It was easier that way, everything was easier that way. There was the slip of her form beside Castile's (if only for a moment) while they journeyed to the foothills of the mountain and, from there, Nyxa had slipped into the shadows of Beqanna memory, as all creatures here must do. Her search for someone or something had turned up fruitless and she'd slipped beneath the waves to cover that empty feeling with purpose. Her plan had worked too well.

A few years slip by, taking with them everything she once was and giving her instead a new identity which she nurtured, studied, and eventually mastered. Swimming became her new walking, water her new air - the creatures who she often chatted with and protected beneath the waves had great need of her abilities and so she used them, and used them well.

Still ... after all that time there was yet a piece missing. A certain element to her life she couldn't shake and could not rid herself of in her dreams. A pale form, framed in dark hair and smelling like home.

Hod.

The name rouses her from sleep, forcing the weight of suppressed memories to overwhelm and drown her until the seamare is left choking on her own sobs. Where his memory had come from or why it had come now, she can't be sure, but she knows that as suddenly as she's left, she must return. There was no question in it.

A thing of Undine beauty, the opalescent water horse gathers her element around her (she had lived for sometime now always submerged) and moves herself with little less than a blinking eye through the depths and up the rising sea floor. The water does the work; swirling with apt ability to propel her onward with graceful speed and soon, she's skimming just beneath the choppy surface, night's celestial stars sparkling above in their nighttime revelry. A pale body with streaming tendrils of seaweed-toned hair, she looks every part the mythical creature she is, right up to the moment the churning waters raise her to step foot upon the dry shore.

It's been ... too long. Far too long.

Her first gulp of fresh air burns stronger than her beloved saltwater, but she uses it to exhale his name, "Hod", onto the Ishican breeze in hopes that he'll hear.

@[Hod] surprise. She's worth bringing back just to post here and there with him <3
    He'd fallen asleep at his post. It wasn't the first time. One had to sleep eventually, and days had turned into months of standing guard on his beach. Things were changing all around him. Krone was gone, voted out by the stallions who now walked the island. He may as well have been made of stone, diving beneath the waves when others drew near. He stayed below as long as he could, growing intimately familiar with the rocky outline of the sea floor where it met the land. 

He was asleep. And he dreamed. Dreams were frequent visitors, all bearing the same name. Tonight was no different. It began as a shining on the edge of his dim vision. A glow that grew nearer as the scent of the sea infiltrated his senses. Laughter pealed through the air, the sound of summer and childhood. Cool air kissed him. Slowly, his mind returned to awareness. Something was different. His name. He'd heard it. The sea stallion lifted his head hesitantly. Had he imagined it, the soft voice almost gone from memory? 

A primitive bugle thrummed from his chest, mingled with the whistling porpoise cry he'd adopted to air his echolocation. A stallion calling for his mare. The call flowed back, constructing an image he was familiar with. Shoreline and stone, low brush and slender palms. And a figure where figures did not tend to stand. The image faded in his mind. 

It was as though the night itself were holding her breath. The shush of sand beneath hooves carried on the stillness. Cooler than the ambient air, his steps halted as the  unmistakable oceanic aura of his beloved filled him. He could hear her breathing. Perhaps harder than usual, but if she really had been underwater this whole time... what did he say? 

"I missed you." 

His voice wasn't as strong as he wanted it to be. There should be more, some pledge, some promise. There wasn't one. Anything more seemed unnecessary now, in the moment. There would be time to talk. It all summed up to 'I missed you ', anyway.

@[Nyxa]

Nyxa

Oddly enough, she’s aware that he’s changed even before she lays eyes on him. That hovering whistle near the end of his call … it’s not like him, or at least not like the Hod she remembers. The sound of it causes her pale ears to twitch and her slender muzzle to press itself into a firm line. Nyxa finds that she’s scared of what she’ll see when the oyster of the world finally gives up its pearl; the Hod inside her memories is yet untouched by time, as she’s sure the Nyxa in his is still a tawny, brooding sort of creature.

Her chiming whinny to his summons comes without hesitation, despite the little thrill of shock that accompanies it. She feels giddy almost, every nerve attuned to the rush of sound and smells that’d been void and null beneath the sea. The sight of her hooves beneath her is a flurry of movement, rushing over the sand with a mind of their own as if Hod would disappear should she not find him quickly enough.

Her heart thrums to the repetition of his name, Hod, Hod, Hod, repeated over and over again inside her mind as she rushes to meet him.

Hod is a dark form set against an even darker sky. The gray of his familiar, speckled coat makes her want to run, to stretch once weightless legs and close the gap between them but she won’t, she can’t just yet because she knows the vision she presents is not the one he may be expecting. The lanky legs of her youth, once spotted with brown, are gone; now they pass over one another as gleaming, willoy things. Fluid and glimmering with the overlap of silverish fish scales. Nyxa’s dark green mane is thick and cape-like, gracing her shoulders and rump as a plush, velvet monarch’s would.

And, by god! The body they hardly disguise beneath is breathtaking! Womanly and iridescent as mother-of-pearl, every curve and angle just right, every movement or shudder simply magnificent. A paragon of the Nereid she was, and one of the reasons she’d stayed submerged for as long as she had. Castile’s reaction to her early changes had been enough to convince her: Without Hod around to secure her safety and claim her heart (as it was destined to be his from the beginning) it just hadn’t felt right to be coveted by any other.

Winded already from her busy pace, Nyxa attempts to calm her racing emotions and curious eyes (were those fangs in his mouth?) as she pulls to a sudden halt before him. The words won’t come, but Hod has them ready anyways. “I missed you.” He says, and those few, simple words remind her of three others she’d been longing to say for a while.

Her body moves of its own accord, chest brazenly pressing against his as she molds herself to fit against the shape of his mature stature, and with her lips buried beneath the shadowy tendrils of his mane, Nyxa replies with, “I love you.”

-I'm sailing right behind, like a bridge over troubled water-

@[Hod]
    She's taller now, than she used to be. The filly who'd once fit tucked beneath his adolescent shoulder now stood as tall as he, or nearly so. Filly? Oh dear. She was a filly no longer. And he was no lovelorn colt. Still, he was cautious. It had been a long while since he had spoken to anyone, let alone one who meant so much to him. He was expecting things to go slowly, for them to ease back into knowing each other. Foolish of him, really. This was Nyxa, after all. 

The breath in his lungs evaporates. It is as though they never parted, the way she finds her place against him. The broad chested stag moaned low in his throat at her touch. This is what he'd been missing. This is why he had stayed. Kingdom leaders changed, alliances formed and broke. They were outside of it all. No wonder he had felt made of stone, when the heart of him had been miles beneath the sea. 

The willowy mare whispers to him from beneath the knots of his mane. She loved him. She loved him! A laugh of pure joy bubbled from his muzzle. He tossed his head and back a half step away, the biggest of smiles on his sea foam face. "Nyxa, my Nyxa! I've waited so long to hear you say that. I love you Nyx! I've loved you since the day we met. There has never been another who made me feel the way I do about you." It was the plain and simple truth. He stepped forward again, careful to not crash into her. With deliberate motion, he leaned in, and tugged on her satiny forelock. "So, are you going to be a sponge-brain and leave me again?" He asked, the lighthearted teasing of their childhood showing through the flood of emotions. 

Not waiting for an answer, he did what he'd been wanting to do for ages now. The sea-wolf kissed his siren. With initial hesitation that melted into confidence, the taste of her clouded every other thought. Where they went, what they did, none of that was important right now. He felt a thousand pounds lighter because he knew whatever happened, it would be with his love at his side. 

@[Nyxa]

Nyxa

For an instant, Nyxa is heartbroken when he steps away.

Just a simple action, really - a toss of his head and the quick, backwards shuffle of his sometimes unsure feet -  but that's all it takes for Hod to instantly worry her. She thinks (for a split second!) that he doesn't want her.

Her eyes flash; in the haze of late twilight they seem both filled with fear and anticipation of the worst. But Hod speaks, thank goodness, and his proclamation sweeps away any manner of doubt Nyxa might have been holding onto before she slunk ashore. "Nyxa, my Nyxa!" He claims her, proudly and with enough gusto to wake the entire backside of the island they're currently standing on. ("Yes," she thinks, "I always have been, haven't I?")

The Nereid wouldn't dream of correcting him. Instead, she listens to each word that falls from his lips, letting every syllable and tone pour into her upturned ears so that it might in turn fill her heart to brimming. Hod is more than willing, and what he says she carves into her mind so that no matter what may come to pass in their uncertain futures, she would always have this memory to return to.

"So," Hod says at last, snapping her from warm reveries with a well-placed tug on her evergreen forelock. Nyxa listens to him halfway but the reply he's wanting is already clawing it's way off her tongue before he can really finish. "Never." She manages to say, before the unexpected warmth of his mouth finds her own.

Having never been kissed before, Nyxa really couldn't consider herself an expert on the matter. She'd imagined that perhaps it was pleasent (or else the others wouldn't do it so much) and maybe there was something mutually beneficial about it for both parties, but what she didn't anticipate was the utter surrealness of the action.

One minute, she'd been rooted to the earth; the stars were as they should be, nothing seemed amiss, and then in the very next instant (like being shot, or suddenly stabbed) the entire globe had been flipped and shook around. She felt herself stop breathing, her legs go numb, and her eyes close against their will. Small sparks danced through her black vision, followed by larger bursts of color and heat when she relaxed and melted into the sensation.

"Hod!" She gasped suddenly, teetering to one side with an almost light-headed giddyness. Nyxa panted, short of breath, and her cheeks felt like white-hot burners. "I had no idea ... you, you surprised me!" The pale mare caught herself laughing, easing forward again to shyly tuck her head into the crook of his waiting neck. "Have you done that before?" She questioned, quietly.

@[Hod]
    It was how he felt beneath the waves for a moment, at complete and utter peace. Or perhaps how he felt when he lay in the sun too long. Lightheaded and slightly delirious. Perfect. Then not so perfect. She'd given him the answer he wanted, and maybe he'd been carried away. He didn't react as anticipated when he kissed her. 

"Um... sorry, was that bad? I haven't, actually. Done that before, I mean..." He grinned sheepishly, relieved when he felt her return against him. The speckled man chided himself silently. He really needed to get better at kissing, it seemed. Well. There was time, now. Absently, he lightly grazed the skin of her shoulder. Extra care was taken with his pointed teeth, he'd never forgive himself for cutting her, even accidentally. Still, he couldn't quite help himself. Her hair was silk against his face. It had grown longer, he noted, even longer than his own tangled tresses. The skin beneath felt like cool water under a thin sheet of glass, smooth and delicate. 

Nyxa was beautiful. No matter what she looked like, she was a wonder to him. But touching her... She was beautiful, and the primitive part of his brain wanted to claim her in the most primal of ways. A single, awkward kiss had been a surprise to them both. The curve of his neck arched over hers, encompassing the slender form of her in his embrace. "Nyx, can I kiss you again...?" And again and again. More than that, he wanted to experience her as fully as possible. He could not see the planes of her body, but he could feel them. He could trace them like a map to heaven. It was frighteningly intense, the emotions bubbling inside him. 

@[Nyxa]

Nyxa

Was it bad? No, no quite the opposite. Almost so good that it hurt, in fact.

"Oh, I thought perhaps ... well, nevermind." Nyxa chuckles, a sound like the chime of bells. "I can hardly believe it's you ..." She exclaims softly, leaning into the faint touch of his mouth as it trailed across her gleaming skin. Her own lips are presently busy; they work knots from his black mane, place small, feverish kisses against the planes of his shoulder here, or the small of his back there. Still, they find time to manage a playful "Again? Greedy are we?" before Nyxa turns a wanton eye in his direction.

Hod is serious, though, and the look in his eye is as plain as if he'd spoken the desire out loud. It crushes her lungs again, sweeps her mind clear of other thoughts, and leaves her with an odd sensation that grows between her thighs. "Come with me." She begs, huskily. Her teeth grasp a dark tendril of his hair and she tugs, backwards, twoards the sea. His fangs don't worry her, nor does his dolphin-like chirp; she seems to know he won't be as afraid of the water as he might have been when they were younger.

It's her turn to be nervous, anyways. She wants needs him now, they need each other - but she'll take this final step into womanhood on her own terms, in their shared element. Gently she releases hold of him to turn away, padding softly down the incline of the beach and leaving faint imprints in the sand along the waterline. When the refreshing spray lathers her forelegs, still she continues on, edging into the inky sea until only her topline is exposed.

"Hod," She calls out again as the waves roll over her, a guiding voice in the night, "let's start our life together, no more waiting."

And then, she tilts an impossibly beautiful face over one shoulder to peer back at him, saying only, "I'm ready."

@[Hod]
    It seemed he'd misunderstood the shock in her voice. Better yet, he'd made her laugh. The sound had filled out while they'd been apart, no longer the high pitched giggle it had once been. This was like crystal bubbles on his ears. The most beautiful music he'd ever heard. He wanted to hear it every day for the rest of his life. 

Her own kisses on his hide sooth and excite his muscles, the care she takes in unweaving the knots of his mane. Who else could touch him like this? Make him feel this alive? And then she is gone from his side, leaving an empty space. Like a secret treasure hunt, her voice marks the trail. There is a new cadence to the notes of her tone, an urgency to match his own. With light pressure, he is led to the water's edge. Cold spray flecks his extremities, the final reassurance that this is not another dream. Gods know this was the stuff of dreams. 

At the lithe mare's invitation, he joins her in the welcoming arms of the sea. She speaks while the water flows over and around them, drawing a feral growl from his throat. He's been patient. He's been considerate. The low sound is sufficient to echo back a murky picture of the scene, the solid imprint of his love clear against a wavering background of sound. There was a moment of heartache. It wasn't fair, that he could not see her as she was meant to be seen. There was a whole sense of her that he was missing, would never have. For the first time in a while, it felt like a loss. 

Feeling his way by the eddies flowing around them, the aquatic male stepped close enough to touch her once more. "Ah, Nyx. You don't know how many nights I've dreamed of this." He whispered against her cheek, laying a sweet kiss where the words fell. The sound of their breathing overlaps, faster than the waves on the shore. Arousal flows the length of him, his body reacting to the scent she carries. Beneath her normal saltwater perfume is something heavier. 

Instinctively, his kisses cover her face. Every dip and hollow, the graceful curve of her cheek, the flat width of her forehead. Both eyelids, the tip of her dainty nose. He wanted to cover every inch of her in kisses. He touched the base of her throat, admired the elegance of her neck, how the lengthy strands of hair fell and twisted around them. More kisses laid at her breast where air and water met. He would spend all night exploring her body properly, but for now... the steadily increasing ache between his legs was demanding attention. 

"Forgive me, and I will make it up to you. But I can't wait anymore." He begged softly, already working his way down her form. With a firm nudge, he drove her deeper into the surf until the water closed over their heads.  His nostrils sealed against the invading waters, his bodies new functions allowing him comfort for now. Almost weightless, he positioned himself carefully behind her. Hind legs anchored in the slipping sand beneath them, as he reared up to mount the sea nymph. Forelegs snug about her hips he paused just short of entering her. Was she really ready for this? Was he?  He ached to be inside of her more than he had known was possible, but she had to be alright with this. His face pressed against her neck, looking for this last confirmation, the motion of the water pulsing him against the heat of her with torturing slowness. 

@[Nyxa] <3

Nyxa

She's knows what he's suffered through.

When Maugrim tempted her into the deep, she recieved her first taste. His dripping kiss slathered unwilingly against her cheek had left a bitter tone on her tongue - metallic, disgusting. Klaudius had been less intrusive, but his witty banter and unxpected eagerness didn't spark much of an interest on her behalf. And Castile ... he'd be the someone she wouldn't forget so easily. It was his kindness, his unexpected inner brightness that had in turn brought her thoughts and heart full circle back to Hod.

It was just plain fact - there was no other creature alive like her pale-eyed companion. There was no denying that they'd been shaped for each other. Whatever fate had decided their paths should entertwine, they'd done their job well and could leave off knowing that Hod and Nyxa were a match made in heaven.

The azteca brute's mouth is at full liberty with her face and throat; where the accompanying croons come from, Nyxa can't be sure, but the sound bubbles up from her chest and leaves her to rub that very same, flushed face against the topline of his neck as Hod's lips dip to explore her enticingly curved chest. She doesn't really hear his half-hearted apology (doesn't much care for it either, but if it makes him feel better...) and the rough encouragement from him to swim deeper into the surf is met with her eager compliance.

Together they slip away from the anchor of land, out to where the first row of coral might be seen. Shrouded in cloudy water, the glimmer of the night sky above cuts through the still waves to dapple them both in their secrecy. Hod meets no resistance from his sea-mate when he takes her; silently Nyxa nods for his approval, her dark mane rippling in and out of her vision in the eddy of the current. They'd both waited long enough.

@[Hod]