• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

be my escape || kagerus
    the secret of our world is written in the stars
    A voice draws his attention - quiet yet extremely clear, and somehow familiar yet completely foreign to him. He turns to the voice, his eyes large with curiosity and without a shred of confusion or surprise (he would never turn down a stranger, nor would he ever think anyone would wish him harm - life has been sweet to him, so he remains unscathed). Immediately a smile pulls at the corners of his golden lips, shining alabaster and darkened blue plastered against the curve of his neck as he turns to see his visitor, his cerulean eyes shining. It is the woman from the other day, and the expression on his face easily shows the excitement that now exhumes from his core in the fact that she has found him beneath his willow tree.

It had been too long since someone new had graced the shade of the willow branches and for a moment, Svedka’s mind trickles back to the one he used to sleep beside constantly. Corvus is gone with the wind, and though his winged lover held a special place in Svedka’s heart, the ivory and pale yellow stallion does not weep for his disappearance. Life turns like the tide - forward and back - and there is no time to dwell on love lost.

The stallion turns to face her completely now, and quickly he notices the way her coat dully clings to her body, and the way her eyes are lost to a certain sadness that he cannot define.

“Who is him?” He asks casually, meeting her as she strides quietly into the shaded grasses beneath the tree. The branches sway in the springtime breeze above them, the warm sunlight filtering through the thin veil of green to alight golden patterns onto their coats. The feather behind his ear twirls in the wind, its dark color stark against the lightness of his mane. He is still damp, with cherry blossoms in his mane and tail, but the idea of being sopping wet before her did not phase him whatsoever - not even when she blatantly states how childlike he appears to be.

Svedka smiles lazily, tilting his head so that his partly dried forelock falls out of his curious eyes that blink slowly into her own. “I remember who you are, Kagerus.” He comments on this first, wondering why she would think he would forget a face like hers. She is not the same woman he had met in that visit from Tephra and part of him wishes her eyes didn’t look so sad. He has seen the same look on Solace’s face, and his mind flitters to his sister for a moment as he surveys the expressionless woman before him.  His smile fades so that his lips press together thoughtfully, and then with a quick movement he curves his neck to scratch an itch on his shoulder with his teeth. Svedka straightens, taking the moment to move closer to Kagerus. He means to reach out to her, maybe place a kiss on her cheek, or groom her unkempt mane.

But he hesitates, which is strange for him.

He inhales and sighs gently with a soft huff, glancing out past the willow and into the sparkling lake that he had recently emerged from. “Silly, maybe,” he admits, turning a single ear towards her and giving her a sideways glance through one sparkling blue eye. “But foolish? I have never been a foolish man.” He raises a brow, turning his face towards her again and taking another step closer, a smile on his golden yellow lips.

“Have you only come to attempt to insult me, Kagerus?” He continues to smile easily, the hum of laughter resounding in his chest.
    (be my escape)
    Svedka

Messages In This Thread
    be my escape || kagerus - by Svedka - 03-29-2018, 05:10 PM
    RE: be my escape || kagerus - by Kagerus - 03-29-2018, 05:54 PM
    RE: be my escape || kagerus - by Svedka - 03-29-2018, 06:24 PM
    RE: be my escape || kagerus - by Kagerus - 03-31-2018, 12:21 AM
    RE: be my escape || kagerus - by Svedka - 04-04-2018, 04:27 PM
    RE: be my escape || kagerus - by Kagerus - 04-10-2018, 05:59 PM
    RE: be my escape || kagerus - by Svedka - 04-11-2018, 06:27 PM
    RE: be my escape || kagerus - by Kagerus - 04-12-2018, 12:34 AM
    RE: be my escape || kagerus - by Svedka - 04-12-2018, 05:39 PM