• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Twinkle, Twinkle; Any
    Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
    She travels unaccompanied to the playground, unlike the others all around her. They come with their parents, gaurdians, and relatives to drop them off, while she travels alone. She knows their watching over her, her six mothers of all different wonderful gifts of magic, keeping watch upon their little Lullaby. And she knows, that they wouldn't leave her defenesless hence, her razor sharp horn mounted upon her forehead, a gift of protection.

Her mind whirls as she reaches the playground, so many new faces! So many new friends to be made! She prances forwards excitedly, bolting past the other children, a purple blur, towards a shallow pond. 

She jumps in, splashing about, lilac eyes fixed inquisitively on the fish in the water that dart back and forth frantically with every splash she makes on the water's surface. She wonders for a moment, what it would be like to be a fish, a form of freedom like flying, but with every freedom, there are limitations, not being able to breathe air, and live on the surface Lullaby wouldn't bare to be such an aquatic creature trapped within a watery bubble with no escape. She pity's the fish, and quickly leaps out of their pond, feeling awfully bad for scaring them, and perhaps ruining their aquatic abode. "I'm so sorry!" She exclaims in an apologetic tone to the fish.
    Lullaby
    [Image: Lena.png]
    Tähti

The white, winged mother had dropped her off here, so she could check on the Adoption Den, she had said. No foal should be without a mother, and Tähti should have a playmate, Ilma had told her. Well, the black shadow of her mother had no problems whatsoever with that idea, and so, she forgot about being alone and instead bulged into the little meadow like she did with all the new things that she ever saw.

The bubbly girl practically danced around the grass, inspecting every new flower that she had not yet seen at home. She was disappointed not to find the white mountain flowers here, but to compensate, this place had more different colours and smells, so she was not one to complain.

Experimenting with a dandelion, which poofed in her nose when she touched it, suddenly something purple raced past her. Tähti looked up and fluttered her little wings; then, she ran after. The other girl was a little older, she thought, but then when she neared her, the purple girl was preoccupied with the little pond. The black winged girl approached a little more slowly, but giggles when she heard the other filly’s words. ”You didn’t hurt the fish!” she tells her, semi-wise look on her face. In Hyaline, horses would swim all the time and she never heard that such a thing would hurt a fish. ”Why are you purple?”

we are Stars, wrapped in skin
    the Light you are searching
    has always been Within
    ©HTML Tiny
    it doesnt take long for Lullaby to realize she's within the company of another, as a giggle reaches her violet lobes, her gaze turning towards an obsedian filly before her fitted with inky feathered wings. The black girl humors off of her apolgy, Lullaby doesnt take any mind to it, "I know." She blurts, in her usual fashion unaware how to control the volume of her voice, perhaps it was something she had leanred from Faf, after all the Freaking Awesome Fairy can be quite loud at times. "My mothers say we should respect every creature of Beqanna no matter how small. After all they placed them here for a reason." Her tone lowers, and becomes much more reasonable, as her  gaze meets the shallow pond once more, she watches as the fish settle amonsgt themselves, more relaxed in a less "splashy" enviorment. She thinks that maybe her apolgy had soothed them, but she knows better, that not all species can communicate with others.

Her attention returns to the black girl before, just as the girl questions her. She ponders for a moment, she'd like to think she was born from the dust of Beqanna, or crafted by her mothers, the fairies themselves, but she knows the horrible truth, and in fact, she had embraced it. Faf had told her, that a young misguided vibrant colored mare had abandoned her in the den, She was gorgeous her legs obréing from pink to turquoise, to purple. Still to this day, Lullaby can't understand why she can't remember such a beautiful face. 

"I guess I got it from my birth-mom. I've never met her, and I assume I never will." She speaks honestly, the topic isn't as sensitive as it had been before for the purple girl. Rather it was quite relieving, if her birth-mom hadn't abandoned her she would never have known the fairies.

Her gaze lifts, hoping to change the subject quickly she bounced back, "Where did you get your wings?" A smile formed on her lips, as she stared curiously the feathered appendages. "What does flying feel like?" She questions again, curious about her new friend's gift of flight.
    Lullaby

@[Tähti]
    Tähti

The black filly tilted her head at the explanation, not bothered or perhaps even unaware of the loud tone being out of place. She had not looked at it that way before. ”But... does that mean we should not swim? Fish are quick to go be scared by my shadow.” she mused. How about drinking the water where the fish lived? Was that a problem? She made a face. She did not want to go home and tell everybody not to swim. ”Our lake is really big, maybe you can come swim there? I haven’t seen much fishes there. Maybe there’s more space in the lake than the pond?” She’d started to lose herself in her thoughts more than she was talking to the other girl, but then she remembered.

Ruffling the wings, she smiled sheepishly. ”My Momma has them too. But I haven’t flown much! It’s pretty tiring. Momma is gonna teach me soon! But... much like running, without your feet touhcing the ground?” she tried to explain. After a moment of thought on the previous subject, she continued. ”And no critters to scare!” she’s happy to add. Flying was better than swimming anyway.

has always been Within
    ©HTML Tiny
    Lullaby becomes flustered, and perhaps bewildred by the next question that sufaces in the conversation. Her violet head shakes, in confusion as she thinks this over, trying to wrap her head around the idea. Fish are afriad of horses, and pratically anything that causes that interrupts the serentiy of the water's surface. But we, horses naturally love to swim as a past time, even Lullaby finds herself wading in the small streams of the den every so often. Her mind whirls in confusion, puzzled, and head hurting form all of that thinking the purple girl concludes in a not so sure tone, "I don't know. I guess everything in moderation?" She asks, head tilted in a hope of agreement beteween them both. She'd hate to butt heads with her new friend, after all they had just met. "Ooh that sounds fun! I've never swam in a lake before, they're huge right?" Lullaby exclaims excitedly, she had never been in a lake, nor seen one with her own two eyes. She'd heard the tales alright, the fairies never ceased to stop filling the little inquisitve girl with loads of information about every natural landmark in Beqanna.

"That's exciting!" She smiles as her friend elaborates about her wings, a trait she shared with her mother. Her gaze remained fixed upon her friend's feathery plumage at her sides, curious isn't it? How two small little limbs can lift one off the ground, but it seems it may be a lot harder than it looks.

She wants to grab her friend's attention perhaps throw a twist of a game into their conversation, but Lullaby doesn't know what her name is. How silly of her not ask! "I'm Lullaby by the way, what's your name?" She asks in a gleeful tone, hopping side to side playfully.
    Lullaby

@[Tähti]
    Sorry for the wait Smile
    Tähti

Tähti flushes a bit herself when Lullaby gets obviously confused by her question. After all, swimming was fun, and she'd not feel too happy if she would have to tell others not to, especially come summer. But the lavender filly doesn't notice, her horn swinging left and right. Finally, Lullaby comes with a solution which satisfies Tähti, then hurries on the proposed visit. The black, winged filly nods heavily, her head almost bouncing from her head so fast as she goes. "Yeah! Maybe you can come today! I can ask Mom! It stretches all the was past Mount Rou!" She forgets that Lullaby, having never been in Hyaline, would not know of this mountain but at the moment that doesn't matter to her anyway, should she remember.

But then when the other filly asks for her name, she giggles. "Totally forgot! I am Tähti! Pleased to meet you ma'am!" she bows her head in a silly way that she muck-copied from her mother and Solace when they would meet someone she's never seen before. After this, she bounces upwards. "Wanna play a game?"

has always been Within
    ©HTML Tiny

@[Lullaby] Oops, kept you waiting in return. Not that quick a poster these days with my work, sorry
    The purple girl practically jumps for joy, when her new friend, Tahti gives her an invitation to go swimming! Her multi-colored tail swishes happily at her hind quarters, as she prances back and forth on her front feet. "I would love to!" She shouts gleefully. She had never been to a kingdom before! She wondered what it was like, how the horses were there, and much more! She hoped that some day she would find herself in a kingdom, but she couldn't bare the thought of leaving the fairies, they were her family, her only family. She wanted to keep them close but she knew some day she would need to leave.

"I'm pleased to meet you too!" She exclaims bouncing side to side, as her new friends gets ready to commence a game. "Yes!" A huge grin, formed on her purple lips, as she reaching out her purple muzzle tapping Tahti on the shoulder. "You're it!" She shouted, darting off, once again as a purple blur, running left a right weaving between trees, and bushes. She was quite a speedy little filly.
    Lullaby

@[Tähti]
    Tähti

Happy now that she's found a new friend, and who's also likely to come visit, the black winged filly grins at her jumping friend. They're both grinning happily at one another, almost looking as if it were a silly game trying to see who has the widest smile.

Then suddenly the purple girl jumps forwards to tag the ebony filly's shoulder, and all else is forgotten as she chases the purple blur. She's not as fast as the other girl in a straight line, but she is quick to catch on the way the trees are placed, and with her wings pressed to her side, she's even faster than she imagines; adrenalin-fuelled, she does seem to be able to catch up with her playmate after all.

has always been Within
    ©HTML Tiny

@[Lullaby] Figured this makes a good ending, since it's autumn by now?