• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

KINGDOM MEETING
    I am not afraid... I was born to do this.
    Something inside her bristles at having being called. That was once her; she beckoned those of Nerine to her attention, but she is nothing now. During her hiatus tucked in the cave systems of the cliff, Nayl let her name slip into an empty void to be forgotten. The empire she raised has since crashed down and her legacy faltered. Perhaps, that is what makes it more difficult to step from the shadows and back into the limelight with the rest of them.

There is much to be said, but like Djinni, Nayl listens with only half a heart. From the outskirts, Nayl joins the congregation and quietly takes a place at her old friend’s side, sandwiching her against Walter. The topics are more relevant had she been here rather than tucked in the darkness with Lior. Plans and ideas can be concocted, one after another, but there is never a guarantee that it will happen, or even be successful.

So, a great deal of the discussion is shrugged off until a familiar name is brought to the forefront of the conversation.

Nayl first listens to Djinni’s objection of the brotherhood, quietly savoring the fact they share an opinion (although this was a common thing when they worked closely together in the past). A nod here and a nod there. A contemplative glance and a raised brow toward Scorch before Nayl addresses Hestia. ”I, also, do not support backing Brennen. I lost my respect and trust in him. During my reign over Nerine, I gave him responsibility and I gave him ranks. I made him the leader of the male soldiers here, but nothing came of that. Next, he proposed that he be Overseer in Hyaline while it was Nerine’s subkingdom. I granted him that title. What did he do? He disappeared again which, in the end, destroyed the relationship and power Nerine had over Hyaline.” The memories flash across the back of her eyelids when she blinks, and a slow, rising anger boils through her veins. It’s impossible for her to forget his abandonment.

”I feel that if he wants Ischia, then he can take it himself rather than having it handed to him by Nerine. He has received enough handouts from this kingdom for a lifetime already.” Nayl’s absence hasn’t tampered her brash personality or cutting opinions. With her eyes gleaming and a snarl on her face, she forces herself to look away and toward the ocean knowing well that it isn’t her decision to make anymore.

former queen of nerine
    daughter of covet & myrina

Messages In This Thread
    KINGDOM MEETING - by Hestia - 03-30-2018, 01:49 PM
    RE: KINGDOM MEETING - by Scorch - 03-30-2018, 03:29 PM
    RE: KINGDOM MEETING - by Lewana - 03-30-2018, 05:58 PM
    RE: KINGDOM MEETING - by Porcia - 03-31-2018, 07:42 PM
    RE: KINGDOM MEETING - by Philomena - 04-01-2018, 11:39 AM
    RE: KINGDOM MEETING - by Starlin - 04-01-2018, 06:22 PM
    RE: KINGDOM MEETING - by Djinni - 04-01-2018, 07:14 PM
    RE: KINGDOM MEETING - by Walter - 04-01-2018, 07:17 PM
    RE: KINGDOM MEETING - by Nayl - 04-02-2018, 08:33 AM