• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Tell Me Your Fate-[Rome]
    Porcia

It was winter when she had met Rome and he agreed to visit Nerine with her. It is now spring, almost summer and the weather is perfect, she was ready to show him the kingdom. They had seen each other here and there but would he stay in Nerine? She did not care either way, but she could see him much more often if he was a resident. She could not help but think about him whenever they were apart, she was unable to describe the feeling as she has never had it, but she is overjoyed when in his company.

They met in the forest and began the trek to Nerine. It seemed like forever as Nerine was at the top of Beqanna. They met early day and it was nearly nighttime when they made it to Nerines border. She stops when they enter Nerine, her head was raised high and she scanned the horizon proudly Rome, Welcome to Nerine. a smile tugged at her lips and she gently nuzzled his shoulder Follow me! I want to show you the beach! The beach was were she spent most of her free time. 

They passed a few small moutains, passed through the mainland that had fully bloomed flowers and overgrown grass. The sun was just beginning to set when her hooves hit the soft warm sand, she smiles as the breeze strokes her face and the smell of the salt water fills her nares. Hestia runs through her mind, she would love to introduce Rome to the ebony mare. She recently found out that she was the Queen even though all along she just thought of her as her mother figure. 

Porcia pushes her thoughts from her mind and flicks her attention back to Rome What do you think!? she looks at him hopeful he loves Nerine just as much as she does. She steps into the water until it was covering her hock. She lowers her neck to the water, filling her nare with the salt, watching as it danced in sync, on a continuous loop. She was excited to be around Rome but her feelings were strong and she did not know what it meant.

Tell Me Your Fate

@[Rome] OOC: I fast forwarded a bit to the current season, let me know if you want to change anything!
    The boy’s time apart from Porcia had remained rather dull. He occupied himself with daily activities; however, these things seemed to no longer interest him. It was the days he often looked forward to see the black spotted mare again. There was something about her, something he could not quite place that had captured his whole attention onto her. She was special in some sort of way—something that dug deep into his heart and was wanting to blossom into something beautiful.

But today he keeps himself in check. It’s harder than ever to truly. Rome cannot help smile ear to ear when she arrives in the forest to lead him to Nerine. He doesn’t mind the trip taking long. It was an adventure he admired, and gave him even more of an excuse to spend more time with Porcia.

In time, the journey is over.
    They have arrived within Nerine.

He can hear the crashing of waves not far off when she speaks. It is obvious the way she holds her head and smiles that she is proud of where she comes from. Rome cannot help but smile as well.

The boy follows her through the land, towards the beach. Rome can hear the waves and the smell of the sea even more now. It stings his throat a bit, but he likes the taste of the salt in the air. When they reach the sand, he cannot help but feel at home. It was as if he was back in the Desert again—a home that he once had, but faded away when the Reckoning came.

Rome is lost within the scene that spreads out before him. His thoughts travel to the past, when he was just a boy—even though he still remains as such. It is when Porcia speaks to him that he is driven back to the world of reality. “Oh,” he says catching himself just as he drifts back. A smile easily returns to his lips.

“I love it here, Porica,” his eyes turn to look at her, “I can’t believe I didn’t come here sooner.” He laughs at the ends of his words, but it was the best time to come considering the winter season is not always friendly when travelling.

He makes his way into the water with her. Feeling the coolness of it on his skin feels pleasant. It allows him to fall back into a relax stance. However, Rome is never an idle person. He is quick to think just like he is quick on his feet. A devious thought comes to his mind as he notices Porcia is distracting by the sync of the continues loop in the water. He quickly throws his nose into the water and sends a small splash towards her way.

Rome lets out a soft laugh.
    character info: here | character reference: here

@[Porcia]
    Porcia
    They stood on Nerine, taking in the scenery, inhaling the scent as the breeze carries it through Beqanna. Rome tells Porcia he loves Nerine and her face lights up, she is overjoyed that he finds the beauty in Nerine like she did. It was like music to her ears  Really! Her head turns to him and she finds his gaze I am glad you like the Kingdom! her voice was warm. She was proud of Nerine, and even more proud to be able to share the kingdom with Rome.

She wonders what he will be like in the Kingdom, will he pick up a caste like she was? Or would he remain a resident, she did not care either way. This surely meant he was going to stay in Nerine for good, seeing him would finally be easier. She did not have to make the trek to the forest and back anymore, she would simply find him in the kingdom.

As she made her way into the water her eyes closed for a brief moment, fully relaxed as the cool water provides relief from the warming sun. Although her eyes burst open as water splashes on her face and chest, it took a moment to find the source but once she did she could not help but laugh. oh really! She dips her maw into the water and splashes back at Rome, she moves closer to gently tug at his mane. She nearly bursts with emotion, she could not contain these feelings. Did he feel the same? Did he know a love before her?

Rome... her voice fell more serious, more shy. She glances away into the water and her body grows warm with embarrassment. When you were away....I always thought about you. Did that sound creepy? What I mean to say is, I have feelings and I am not sure what they mean but....how do you feel? She was unable to keep her thoughts to herself, she had to know what he was thinking. She did not have many friends in Nerine, she could not confide in others. Her heart was beating with anxiety, she could only hope he had similar feelings for her. That she wasn't chasing a hopeless dream.

Tell Me Your Fate

@[Rome]
    He marvels what it is like to live in Nerine. The last time he had ever lived in the kingdom was when he was a young boy. He lived his whole life after that always on the go, never stopping—at heart he was a nomad. The boy went where there was adventure, where his heart called him to. However, sometimes he thinks there will be something that keeps him still for once—a family perhaps.

The idea of a family sounds strange, so he does not linger on the thought. Instead, Rome focuses back onto the black appaloosa mare. He cannot help but smile and feel warm whenever he looks at her. It is a strange notion—something he almost thinks he felt before (a time where he saw the flower grow, sharing the experience of life and death with Eight… it has always left an imprint on his heart)—and he has no idea how to deal with it. Rome has always been one to follow his heart and feelings, but this feeling was entirely different. A feeling he wonders how he will deal with it.

Rome waits excitedly for the reaction of his splash towards Porcia. He was always a child at heart, ready to have some fun. When she reacts with a laugh his boyish grin grows even wider. His cheeks hurt a lot lately from all of the smiling and laughing, but he does not care. He cannot remember a time when he had been this happy and carefree. It almost felt like flying for the first time (at least when he had wings and had gotten the hang of it).

He lets out a laugh when she splashes back at home. The water drenches his ocelot-spotted coat. It feels nice against the heat of the sun though. He shakes the water off his coat a bit, and then suddenly realizes his mane is being tugged at. Rome is quick to take a step back and find out who it is. “Porcia!” he says abruptly with a giggle.

She is all of a sudden quite serious. Rome is quick to throw his ears forward I her direction. His nutmeg eyes become concerned for her, questioning if he might have done something. She looks away, and he is quick to retake his step back towards her. He reaches out to her, his maw brushing her neck softly. It felt strange to touch her in an intimate way, but he must know. “What is it, Porcia?” He must know.

The spotted boy listens to her. “Oh,” he says softly. Rome struggles to find his words after hearing what she has to say. He can feel his heart dropping into the pit of his stomach. It beats so fast, and he begins to sweat a bit. Rome is panicking, not because he doesn’t feel the same way, but he doesn’t know how to tell her. How can he say what he feels? There were no words, only this jumbled up mess of a feeling he has yet to dissect and form into words to explain, to tell her.

“I-I,” he fumbles, trying to find his words yet again. He doesn’t want to leave her in silence. He didn’t want her to feel like she had made a mistake. “I-I like you,” he spits out suddenly. A boyish grin grows wide, but it is clear on his face that he is embarrassed. No, you’re being a fool, Rome! That’s not how you do it! UGH! He tells himself.

Rome takes a big gulp of air. “I like you a lot, Porcia,” he starts, finding some words to say and to forget his outburst so suddenly, “I could not stop thinking about you either. I thought about you every day when you were gone.” He falls silent again, nutmeg eyes staring at her. Waiting for her to say something. ANYTHING PLEASE! He wants to tell her, but he doesn’t. “I think you’re amazing, Porcia,” he bursts again with another embarrassed smile growing on his lips.
    character info: here | character reference: here

@[Porcia]
    Porcia
    At first he seems concerned, there playful water war quickly turned serious. He brushes his maw against her neck and she leans in. She had never felt intimate affection before, it was nice and made her stomach flutter. She told him her true feelings, she had weight lifted from her shoulders. Perhaps he just enjoyed her company, enjoyed having a free spirit that matched his own. Either way she was relieved she did not need to keep her feelings bottled up.

His initial response was Oh she looked at him with an awkward smile, he did not feel the same way. She was silly to think he liked her, She looks off to the left, embarrassed to meet his gaze. The silence was broken when he struggles to find words, she looks to find his gaze once more and manages to spit out I like you. A true smile now layed upon her maw and she can see that he had just as hard a time to express his feelings. She steps closer, rubbing her head against his chest, she did not care how he said it, she just was happy to know he had mutual feelings.

She looks back to him as he speaks again I like you a lot he added that he thought about her a lot when they were apart. Her heart beat fast, but this time it was because she was overjoyed. Did she find herself her partner? She had so much love but no one to share it with, was he finally the one she could always trust? The one she can always lean on in her hard times? Who knew that when they met in the forest by pure fate, that they would be destined for each other.

I think you are amazing he says, looking at her, almost waiting for her to respond. A soft giggle escapes her maw and she nudges him on his cheek I think you are amazing Rome She was still a child at heart, but he made her feel like the mare she was. She felt free around him, but at the same time she felt like an adult, she wanted to have a family with him. She wanted to do anything for him. I am so glad we met. she says in a soft voice, still amazed that fate drew them together.

Tell Me Your Fate

@[Rome]