• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Time is a fickle thing || any and all
    The stallion mentions his father with a thoughtful shake of his head, and I can't help but wonder why my father never told me stories of the kind that Tyrinn's did. But I bite off the thought gently, allowing myself to be comfortable with the upbringing I've had; I am loved by my parents, and they've given me enough to get started on my own. Many in this land cannot come close to saying the same of their own guardians.

And of my brother's... For Tyrinn, the thought of his own causes his eyes to flash to the field, but when I think upon them (Takei, Daemron, Nihlus), the feelings are more subdued. Takei has joined me in Ischia to help with the reformation, and Nihlus is skulking along the beaches too. If I knew that Tyrinn has a brother, I'd invite him along; then again, if I understood the complex relationship between the pair, I surely wouldn't. So in the end, my ignorance works out in my favour, and I am left to simply wonder at the way the stallion's amber eyes roam over the other horses as if to settle on one thing would be asking too much of him.

But at last, his quiet reminiscing ends, and he prompts me to speak further on the subject. I nod, gaze dropping momentarily as I gather my thoughts. I inhale to speak, and raise my violet eyes to his amber ones. "There is a stallion by the name of Brennen who was a brother of the Tundra for decades; it's how he's known, though he never ruled there."

I think momentarily on the bay pegasus who'd so quickly earned my trust before continuing my spiel. "He is the leader of the revolution. Our plan is to recruit as many brothers to the cause as possible, and then overthrow Ischia's current queen, Krone, by peaceful means; a vote."

Here, I smile. "Our numbers are looking good for the vote, but..." My smile widens into a knowing grin, the breeze billowing my mane as my final spurt of mutinous propaganda spills from my tongue."They would look even better if we could count you among them." Yes; yes, they would.

Messages In This Thread
    Time is a fickle thing || any and all - by Tyrinn - 04-02-2018, 03:39 PM
    RE: Time is a fickle thing || any and all - by Trekori - 04-11-2018, 01:20 PM