• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Not quite goodbye || Hestia & Scorch
    It's never long before mother joins me, she always has been quick about these things. I smile briefly at her words and lean into her touch with a quiet sigh. It would be no longer that I could enjoy in her motherly comfort, for when I returned I would be a woman, too old to run to her and hide. I chuckled at the thought and turned my pale gaze on her once again. 
    " I only hope I make the right decisions." 

I fight to hide the waver but it trips my voice none the less. I couldn't help but want to cry. It is a sad day when a girl leaves everything she had known. Its not everyday you go out and make a name for not only yourself but those who depended on you. 

With a deep intake of breath I am composed and pull a smile onto my lips, if I could prove to be half the woman my mother was I would do just fine. 

"Tephra will be wonderful, I just know it." 
    The words come when I know they will be strong, and they were. I had a year to become exactly who I wanted to be. Strong, independent, a woman truly meant for Nerine. 

((Short and first ever time I have written in first person. xD))

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Not quite goodbye || Hestia & Scorch - by Philomena - 04-12-2018, 06:33 PM