• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Tell me true - Castile
    Castile stands and listens, asking himself how so much can change in such a small amount of time. Confidence and joy emanated from Sabra back in Sylva, yet here she is crumbling right in front of him and forcing a laugh to her frowning lips. The touch he offers, a gentle caress of her other cheek while she presses her face to his shoulder, is the only consolation he can provide in a moment like this. Unfortunately, he cannot win back Sylva for her. Much to his dismay, there is very little Castile can do now. Together, they hold no ranks or titles; they are powerless in this political world.

He quietly holds onto what she says about Sylva and how it has slipped into darkness with the new monarchy. A brow lifts underneath his bronze forelock as he weighs the possibilities of this. There isn’t a sense of righteousness in him that calls out for his help. In fact, deep down, there is a curiosity to chisel away at the cage inside him where a monster most certainly lurks. Castile isn’t a knight; he is troubled, wild… dangerous.

But Sabra’s confession on a voice so soft and hurt draws him from the darkening pits of his thoughts. A slow blink returns him to her. Resting his chin against her neck, he hums thoughtfully. ”I wish I could help more,” he admits before pulling away just enough to reach and lip at her forelock, ”I don’t like seeing you so upset.” It sparks an instinct in him to continue cradling her, to keep her warm as her world slowly begins to darken with only him as a beacon. Gingerly, a wing extends across her to embrace her against his side. Even when she begins to draw away, her words spilling like water, Castile still tries to keep her close, to reassure her. He, however, isn’t as eloquent or comfortable with such confessions. There is no doubt as to how closely he listens or how it brings a smile to his face.

But they aren’t a delicate pair.

Their relationship stemmed from a fiery passion on the battle grounds.

Holding her near, Castile nibbles down the length of her neck, breathing her in and inwardly deciding to keep her as his own. ”I’m not going anywhere,” he murmurs into her opalescent skin. Someday, he will find a place for them. He may one day acquire a land and have his own herd to protect and shield, but for now Loess is his shelter and another escape for Sabra as her kingdom crumbles in the face of darkness.

Messages In This Thread
    Tell me true - Castile - by Sabra - 04-03-2018, 05:04 PM
    RE: Tell me true - Castile - by Castile - 04-20-2018, 11:24 AM
    RE: Tell me true - Castile - by Sabra - 04-20-2018, 02:04 PM
    RE: Tell me true - Castile - by Castile - 04-26-2018, 09:50 AM
    RE: Tell me true - Castile - by Sabra - 04-26-2018, 11:00 PM