• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Keep My Heart Young [Durotan]
    https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=...rush|Jaldi" rel="stylesheet">
    Spring had come and gone, and the heat of summer had finally arrived. This fact excited her, thrilled her really - she had never been made for the cold, and with the new influx of heat came new adventures. New places to go, things to see.

Her babies were no longer babies anymore, and they were branching out to have their own lives and responsibilities. Karat was becoming a fine young lady, and Krom a strapping young man. She was proud of them, and excited to see what they may accomplish in the years to follow.

She had allotted Durotan some time to settle in with his child, checking in every once in a while. But for the most part, she left him alone, despite the gnawing feeling in her stomach to interact with him (it came more everyday). She decides today is as good a day as any other to call out to him, to speak with him.

She only hopes he will respond. 

Krone
    you could be the King
    (but watch the Queen conquer)

@[Durotan] The timeline had changed, so I made a new post. I'm soooo sorry, work has been crazy.
    Durotan

The spotted stallion has been in Ischia for a few seasons now. His daughter Maiven has grown accustom and even found a few foals to play with. It warmed his heart to know that she was happy, and she was quickly becoming an independent yearling. He had a hard time letting her branch out on her own, he wanted to always be there to protect her, but this was something she needed to do.

He still loved the scenery the island offered him, to include the music the parrots provided day in and day out. He has run into a few equines from the kingdom, although they got along Krone was always lingering in the back of his mind. Every time he viewed the greenery on the trees he thought of the Queen, he grew fond of her quickly and found himself wanting to know her more and more.

He was alone today while Maiven was out playing, he decided to explore the kingdom some more on his own. He was nearing the beach when he heard another call, as he narrowed in on the source it sounded like Krome. His ears perked up and a gentle whinny escape his own maw. He turned away from the beach and lingered back into the grassy area, it was not to far off that he found the bay and green Queen. A smile quickly grew on his maw she enters his view. Krone his voice was gentle. He extends his maw to nuzzle her neck, it was now or never. He had to seize the moment, he thought about her all the time and he had to know what she was thinking. It has been a while, how have you been? he knew as a Queen she would be busy, he only hoped he would be seeing her more than he had since arriving.

Don't Let Go

@[Krone]
    https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=...rush|Jaldi" rel="stylesheet">
    When she spots him, her heart begins to thrum rapidly beneath her chest, her stomach ties into a tight knot. She hadn't ever felt this way about someone (she's known lust, but this was something different entirely), and she isn't quite sure how to react to it. The silky baritone of his voice is enough to make her melt, and she finds it hard to keep her composure.

As he approaches her with an outstretched maw, she tenses slightly. Growing up, and even now, gentle touches were scarce and foreign, so it takes her a moment to warm up. She finds herself leaning into it. "Durotan," The low purr of her voice stretches each syllable of his name. His breath is warm across her russet hide, and her skin quivers at the feeling. When he finally retreats, she finds that it takes her a few moments to come back to reality - what was it about him that made her so...giddy? Tons of horses had tried to win her favor, what about him was so different?

"It's been good," She musters up a reply. "The twins' training has been taking up quite a lot of time. I figure they must be well-versed in diplomacy if one is to eventually take my place." A shrug of the shoulders. When that time might come, she isn't sure. She looks up into his deep chocolate eyes and gives him a smile. "And you? How's Maiven enjoying the island?"
    Krone
    you could be the King
    (but watch the Queen conquer)

@[Durotan]
    @[Krone]

Durotan
    At first she was tense, but then she leans into his nuzzle, it must be a good sign. She did not pull away, does that mean she enjoyed his affection? He has never been intimate with another, and the only other equine he has loved was his sister. But the feelings he has for Krone is different, she makes him nervous, and he finds himself wanting to be near her all the time.

She speaks his name in greeting, her voice was gentle and like music to his ears. A smile grew on his maw once again, she discusses her twins and that there training has been well. That she hopes one will be good enough to replace her when the time comes. Every ruler has to prepare for the worst, but he hopes that her reign will not come to an end any time soon. He dips his head in acknowledgement, he has never met the twins, but heard of them through others. I am sure with your guidance, both will make great rulers he smiled reassuringly. She asks of Maiven, and how she was doing. Maiven is well! Almost a yearling already! Brennen has some twins that she has been occupying most of her free time with. There time together has been scarce, she loved the twins and he was happy she found others to play with.

Though he could not help feeling the need to tell her how he feels. His heart beats fast when he was with her, she could probably hear it if she was close enough. Krone his voice was serious this time, he steps near her leaving barely any space between them. I find myself thinking about you all the time, no matter how hard I try, you are always there. His eyes trace her body, he found himself wanting to feel every inch of her.  His heart was pounding at this point, his body was warm with fear, fear of rejection. He did not know how he should confess his love for her, he only knew he could not keep it to himself anymore. I....I think I am falling for you, please tell me the feeling is mutual. He felt the connection they shared when they were together, he only hoped she would confess mutual feelings.

Don't Let Go
    Love had never been a word in her vocabulary. From a young age she was taught that showing emotion was weak, that having emotions made you weak. Kirin was a shell, an asshole who cared about nothing but his own personal gain (whether that come from conquering other lands, having lots of sex, what have you), and she, for a long time, had used that behavior to avoid falling in Love. Or feeling anything at all.

But the twins changed that, with them she felt love. Kylin changed that, with her she felt compassion. Klaudius changed that, with him she felt hatred and forgiveness. Deathwish changed that, with her she felt lust. With everyone she had encountered, she had begun to feel. Really feel.

But with Durotan it was different. She couldn’t say she loved him, because she hardly knew him. But he made her heart race, made her face hot, made her body tremble, and that had to mean something, right?

When he reveals that he is falling, she can’t help but recognize that this is probably another emotion she hadn’t yet discovered. Perhaps, she too was falling for the handsome Appaloosa stallion.

She allows herself to step closer to the tall, burly stallion. Her small stature makes it easy for her to ease herself under the bulk of his neck, to stand there silently for awhile. ”My father always told me feelings like this were a sign of weakness,” She says, a heavy sigh escaping her lips. ”He was wrong, I know he was. I find myself wanting to settle down...with you, Durotan.” She finally admits it, a weight off her shoulders. Being a queen was good for the last few years, but she knew she needed a change. Something new to keep her spirit alive.

Was Durotan what she needed now?
    Durotan
    He had a moment of self doubt waiting for her to respond, the few seconds felt like days. His heart was beating was he stupid for confessing the lust he felt for her? She was a queen after all, sure they hit it off pretty quickly but she could have just been polite. She did not want to scare off a potential resident, but alas she steps closer, she tucks herself beneath his neck. A smile grew on his maw and his heart almost jumped out of his chest.

Her scent was unlike any other, perhaps this is what the sky smelled like? Her wings were soft as they stroked against his chest, he lowers his head nuzzling her shoulder. She responds and at first he thought she was acting on sympathy, when she noted she was raised that feelings were a weakness. She sighs before speaking again, this time she notes her father was wrong, and that she wanted to settle down with Durotan. He takes in a deep breath, filling his nares with her scent before backing up to look at her.

Krone his voice was gentle I am not sure were this will lead us too, I have never felt like this for another. He knew very little of her past, he knew she had the twins, so perhaps she would have another in and out of her life. All he knew was that he had to give the two a chance, he wanted to be there for her I will always be here for you Krone. He steps closer this time trailing his maw down her spine, circling back around rubbing his head against hers.

Don't Let Go

@[Krone]
    His words are gentle, soft. His breath against the nape of her neck is comforting, and she finds herself leaning more into him. With an outstretched wing, she lets her emerald feathers trail against his speckled hide, a sign of affection she does not show often.

”I don’t either Durotan,” She admits, backing away from him finally and looking up through huge hazel eyes. ”But I’m here. We’re here together. And that’s enough for me.” She extends her neck to him, muzzle nearly touching his, their breath intertwined for a moment.

A feeling so foreign, yet so wonderful. She knew she had to embrace it while it was there.