• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  10 || Any

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

The sea had been spitting out her loved ones like chewing tobacco, it would seem. But by God, she was not complaining. Ever since she'd vowed to be a better parent after failing to properly raise her eldest twin daughters, family had been of the utmost importance to the hairless rat; it went beyond reason to ever question her loyalty and devotion to the individuals who counted themselves among the rankings of that group. Scorch didn't do things half-assedly; especially not love.

As the summer sun began rose that morning (for should not all new adventures begin in the morning?), Scorch journeyed along the coast line of Nerine towards the field, thinking that she might first visit Ischia and see how the mutiny there is going with Brennen and all. But it would seem that the universe held far different plans for her; for just as she passed beyond the scent-lines of Hyaline, the beach sands beneath her grew suddenly cold despite the sunlight.

She halted, feeling her skin prickle eerily; ears, twitching madly, attempted to pick up a sound that would direct her towards the source of this uncanny sensation. But what at last lead her to creep further towards the water, sand turning to unforgiving pebbles beneath her, was the scent: daughter.

"Vi!" At the sight of her blue figure strewn hazardously across the rocks, all of Scorch's superstitious caution was replaced by the panic that only mother's knew. Scrambling to close the distance between them, Scorch nickered to the mare repeatedly, praying to all the Gods she knew that her youngest daughter would be alive and breathing, not drowned and gone from this earth.

Slam. She knelt next to her daughter, ignoring the stabbing pain of the rocks into her bare, unprotected knees; her mouth moved desperately against Vi, prodding and nudging and kissing along her face and throat, needing some sort of reaction, needing her daughter to take a breath and to open her beautiful blue eyes. (Blue, as she remembered them.)

"I'm here Vi, your mother, Scorch," She choked, though not because she knew of Vi's blindness; more because, as the adrenaline coursed through her, she couldn't help but ramble. "Please get up baby, I'll take care of you I swear..."

Did I mention an undying devotion to her family? I think I did.

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

@[Vi] <3
    [Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    10 || Any - by Vi - 04-09-2018, 09:14 AM
    RE: 10 || Any - by Scorch - 04-12-2018, 04:27 PM
    RE: 10 || Any - by Vi - 04-17-2018, 07:40 AM
    RE: 10 || Any - by Scorch - 04-19-2018, 06:49 PM
    RE: 10 || Any - by Vi - 04-21-2018, 06:43 PM