• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

You’re dripping like a saturated sunrise, anyone
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    The mare I approach lifts her head immediately upon seeing me, and I appreciate her alertness, already feeling secure in my decision to approach her. Hyaline, although not the quietest of the kingdom's, desperately needs individuals who will pay attention to the song the land there sings: whether that be by recruiting, stealing, warring, or simply just existing there to be among the throng. In any case, I realize that I'm getting ahead of myself as the stranger inspects my horn with a mild curiosity. There is no guaranteeing that she will agree to visit my lake-side kingdom, and even if she does, she may well disappear as many have before.

A smile unravels across my lips at the friendly sound of the black's husky voice. Briseis. A beautiful name, unique compared to many that I hear these days. "The pleasure is all mine," I lob back easily, dipping my head with the words. My gaze flickers over Bri's black figure, noting that although we are nearly the same height, she is far stockier than me - a pure mustang by the looks of her. Besides the rarity of a pureblood, she appears to be normal; but I, too, appeared to be normal before I was gifted the horn atop my head to help me in the Alliance. But, I had been far from normal - and by all means, Briseis could be hiding powers, too.

"We all start off that way I suppose," I allow, referring to birth and how we are all born tabula rasa. But for some, the isolation of a new existence ended moments after that event, whereas for others, the isolation could be drawn out for years. Something told me that this mare was somewhere between; that once, she had known many faces, but that in the wake of the massive changes lapping over the coast of Beqanna, she's a little more lost. That's what I'm here for - to reintroduce her to society; to be her guide, whatever she chooses for that to mean.

"Are you familiar with kingdoms at all? If so, they are different now than they were some time ago. I can tell you about them if you want." With the words comes another smile, my nutmeg eyes glimmering in the summer sun. "I come from Hyaline, a sanctuary kingdom."
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing

No worries, I couldn't even tell!! Your words are blessed, miss Whale <3
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You’re dripping like a saturated sunrise, anyone - by Kagerus - 04-13-2018, 04:17 PM