• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

You’re dripping like a saturated sunrise, anyone
    Despite her better judgement she can feel herself beginning to relax. It was a knee-jerk reaction for her to be leery of any and all strangers, but Briseis was slowly beginning to realize that not everyone in Beqanna was born of ill intentions. The painted mare before her seemed to be friendly enough. There was a softness to her eye that lead Briseis to believe that she meant no harm.

She expels a whoosh of warm breath between her flared nostrils, a sigh that seems to release the remaining tension that had lingered in her tautly drawn muscles. ”I guess so,” she muses in response to Kagerus’ observation. ”But from the outside looking in it appears everyone here knows each other.” Except for me, she almost says, but she lets the words die before they ever leave her tongue for she immediately realized how pitiful they sounded.

Thankfully, her knew acquaintance keeps the conversation going, saving her from a task she would surely be poor at. She has spent so many months alone that she no longer possesses the necessary skills to keep things flowing. It is the kingdoms that she brings up, and her head tilts to the side thoughtfully. ”Sort of. I was invited to one, once, but I don’t remember much of it.” The very idea of kingdoms was still peculiar to her, because such a thing didn’t exist where she came from. ”What is Hyaline like?” She realizes how lame it sounds but she doesn’t know enough about this place to ask real, pressing questions. She is pretty sure her inability to hold an interesting conversation is exactly what sends everyone running but so far Kagerus was at least humoring herself by attempting.

briseis.
    you’re ripped at every edge but you’re a masterpiece

Ugh don’t even say that. Learning to write in my 15 break and then a little bit more on my lunch is definitely interesting.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You’re dripping like a saturated sunrise, anyone - by Briseis - 04-18-2018, 02:31 PM