• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Renewing History- [Any]
    Forgiveness Is A Concern For The Living

Oh the sweet land of Beqanna, it had been some time since the dapple stallion stepped foot on these lands. His sweet Dacia flickered in his mind, he always wondered what happened to her, the mare that got away. Ahh none the less, he had moved on as she surely did, but he was always curious to life inside Beqanna. He decided to return, but the Kingdoms were no more, the Gates...the Chamber......they were all gone. He could not pick up the scent of any kingdoms he knew, he could not pick up the scent of any equines he knew.

He was not one to sit in the forest and wait for someone to recruit him, in fact he was not sure he wanted to be recruited. He just wanted to check out the kingdoms, see what the life was like now a days. He stopped by the river to refresh himself in the summer day, and stopped by what appeared to be the nearest kingdom. He looked around, nothing to see but mountains. He gazed quizzically what is this kingdom only for those with wings? He was treading on ice, he did not know the state of Beqanna. The chambers was very unwelcoming of strangers in there territory, but today he decided to live life a little dangerously.  

Arthas

Solace

Kagerus had dragged Solace into the land of dreams, and still half of her mind lingered there. Although the dawn was brilliant, and the sunshine is warm on her back Solace finds it difficult to keep her heavy lids from closing over her eyes as she slowly picks her way across the mountainsides.

Despite her distraction, she manages to notice the scent of a newcomer upwind and she alters her path so that they will meet. There is a ghostly half-smile on her lips as she approaches the stranger - with a dip of her head in greeting she halts before him. Her blue eyes are more alert now that there is something to remind her that she is in this world, the real world.

"Hello," she says to the stallion in a warm tone, the quizzical look on his face causing her head to tilt ever so slightly - the mountains never failed to make an impression on newcomers. "You have found Hyaline, The Sanctuary."  She leaves a respectful distance between them as she waits for any comments he may wish to make before continuing. "If you would like a rest from traveling, I happen to know where the most refreshing drink all in Beqanna is," and as she mentions the lake her voice grows wistful. 

caretaker of hyaline

Solghostdoll2

Forgiveness Is A Concern For The Living

Of course it was not long that he was alone, he was not sure exactly how he felt. It had been years that he had lived in a group like a kingdom, well the chambers was the last time he lived in a kingdom. He has been a bachelor ever since, roaming as he pleases.

The mare who approaches him was mainly white with a splash of buckskin, and share carried wings atop her back. He gave a greeting and gazed at him, but if her body was not physically before Arthas he would not be convinced they were in the same realm. She slightly tilts her head before speaking once more the sanctuary she introduces the Kingdom, Hyaline. And lastly, she offers to show him the water, to allow him to refresh from his travels.

He cocks his head at her, What makes this a sanctuary? A sanctuary for what exactly? what has beqanna come to? Allowing a complete stranger travel into there lands with no regards to the safety of there residents? He could be a spy for all she knew, scoping out the area for a future attack. Silly girl he thinks to himself Beqanna must be at peace to allow strangers to lurk your lands without asking as much as there name. He scans the mountains near and far, the scenery was similar to his home in the chambers but he did not need to protect those to pathetic to protect themselves. A sanctuary he mumbles disgruntled, pathetic.

Arthas

@[Solace]

Solace

He is different.
    She has lived in Hyaline for almost four years and over that time she had met countless strangers. Each one was unique - some were frightened, some were bold, some were both. And though they all expressed themselves differently there was a common, nameless thread which had connected them all. But this stallion is like none of them. Kagerus and their otherworldly romances are long gone from her mind, this stranger holds her thoughts.

His first question she assumes is rhetorical, he didn't look like the type of man who had lived so long and remained unacquainted with the dangers which prowled in the shadows of the Beqanna's common lands. But his second question... well he has her interest. This a breed of cat which has never crossed her borders before. 

"Lurk?" She asks with a lifted brow.  The smile remains on her pale lips, but to grows a little less open - a little more cunning.   "Well, you can hardly lurk when the Queen has both her eyes on you." She lets the silence stretch for a moment, as her crystalline eyes intentionally search his own.

But she breaks the building tension with a flip of her tricolored forelock. If he wanted questions, she had plenty.  "It's just that I usually prefer to walk and talk... but now I find I would rather chat right here." The pale mare had been ready for her usual casual stroll and friendly conversation, but now she seems to be rooted. 

"So stranger, What is your name and from where do you hail."
    They can start off easy.

caretaker of hyaline

Solghostdoll2

Arthas

Once he finishes speaking her body language changes, she is not as friendly as she was initially. Perhaps she was not used to equines like him, afterall beqanna surely has become a peaceful land. He was still in shock with how friendly the equines were, Mingling amongst different kingdoms, were did the loyalties lie? How could you befriend someone of another kingdom but still remain loyal to your own? If a war broke out would they be able to kill there friend who resided in the opposing kingdom?

Lurk? she questions him, as if she is offended by his statement. You can hardly lurk when the Queen has her eyes on you. A smirk grows on his maw, so he has run into the Queen huh? Interesting turn of events, he could appreciate her attitude that lingered in her tone. Just my luck to run into the Queen huh? He jokes, interesting that a Queen was in charge, he only remembers the Amazons having a mare in charge. This new Beqanna was really giving him a run for his money.

She slices the tension that lingered between them, she changes her offer. He was no loger allowed to visit the kingdom, instead she wanted to keep him where he was, near the border. She moves on to ask his name and residence. No water for me? What a shame He was really pushing his luck now My name is Arthas, I lived in beqanna years ago, these were not its kingdoms, did you live there then? He questions, truly curious if any equines from his time still resided in the lands. Sorry, I did not catch your name...my Queen He tucks his left front leg in, pulling his head to his chest, an over exaggerated  response. She wanted his respect, did she get it now? He pulls himself back up with a smirk, quickly matching her gaze.

A Product Of Your Despair

Solace

His attitude changes - she pushes and he gives. He takes the diffusion of tension she offers and she is happy to keep their conversation on a lighter note - although his former tone and demeanor keeps her on her guard. But years of wearing the crown had taught her to hide her careful suspicion well. Only Kagerus and Svedka could see past her calm eyes and easy smiles. 

"Your lucky day, indeed" she agrees, mirroring his mischevious tone. "You can call me Solace."

But when he questions her change in attitude and she stands unmoving still. She laughs quietly at his quip, although it is a laugh which does not reach her eyes. "You look hearty enough to survive another day without a drink, Arthas. You made such a good point - about strangers and all - you never know who you are dealing with." Her tone remains light, but her gaze is pointed, eagerly searching for any flaw in his armor. 

"As for me, no, I never saw the old kingdoms." But she leaves it at that for now, unwilling to reveal much more about herself for now. She had come to see her relatively young age as an advantage - she did not long for lost kingdoms and her gaze was firmly set on the future. 

"You left something out," She reminds him in a low tone, "You never mentioned where you were from -in this new world."

caretaker of hyaline

Solghostdoll2

Arthas
    Finally a name to give her Solace she introduces herself. A fitting name for a pretty lady He grins, he closes the gap slightly, leaving about 4 paces between them. So far he has shared just about every emotion aside from anger with her. Leave it to a mare to tempt him, to put out a warning to real in his behavior. Inside he was rolling his eyes, but that would not be polite to the Queen he should be holding an alliance with.

She spits out a joke of her own which lightens the mood tremendously, it causes him to laugh. A gentle true laugh, not one he had to force for the sake of peace. Pretty and funny, AND the Queen he grins at her I am glad I could remind you of the dangers that linger in beqanna still. Her tone was gentler, but her eyes remain stone cold, no emotions showing now.

She answers his only question, she was not around for the old beqanna. What a shame he thinks to himself, another thing they do not have in common. Just proving most of the equines left after this land shift, he has yet to meet one who was here when he was. Ahh, I see, makes sense. she was essentially of a new generation, the kind that is at peace. The kind that does not fear for the kidnapping of there children, or tensions so high a war could break out just for being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Alas he thought there time together was ending, she reminds him of the reason he came. She mentions he forgot to share where he was from. Ahh yes, please allow me to reintroduce myself. An odd request that will make sense in a few moments My name is Arthas, King of Loess he grins ear to ear, he looks for her reaction. Had she even heard of Lepis passing the reigns to Arthas? I guess that is why he originally came. That reminds me why I came, I hear that our kingdoms have an alliance. Now that I am in charge perhaps we should discuss these terms again. What is it you can provide Loess, in return for our alliance? Sure, Solace was pretty and he would love to get to know her better (sexually) but he was here for his kingdom. An alliance is no good if it does not benefit both parties.

[i]

Solace

[/i]
    He flirts and lathers he with sweet words, but her demeanor does not change - she was not so easily swayed by flattery as some. He moves a step closer but still, she remains in her place before him. He is respectful enough not to crowd her and she is content with that.

When he answers her question his news does take her by surprise. The last time she had been to Loess was to meet with the (former?) reagent, Castile, and when she had left there had been no mention of his departure. Solace knew from experience that Castile possessed enough power to have - and to keep - whatever he wanted. 

Although maybe he did not realize that.

Suddenly, the weight of this conversation is much heavier than she had at first believed. "Well I suppose congratulations are due," The pale mare says with a slight dip on her head. She does not question his truthfulness, not here.  "This is indeed news to me, but I rarely leave Hyaline. How long ago did this come to be?" Her curiosity is true, and her hesitation never makes its way into her clear voice. 

"I do agree its always best to be on good terms with your neighbors." She lets her weight relax into one hip, but still, her cerulean eyes never leave the dark mask of his face. "But I have to ask, what are your plans for your newfound kingdom?"

caretaker of hyaline

Solghostdoll2

Arthas
    His charm does not work, she does not move, her facial expression remains the same. This only grows his curiosity, what made her this way? Was she damaged? Or was she truly that disinterested in Arthas that he could not get a smile from her. She sparks his interest, and regardless of there agreement, or disagreement, on an alliance he will surely be back. None the less, he was not here to secure a foal for the season, he was here on diplomatic duties.

I suppose congratulations are due she spewed, a small dip of her head. she does have emotions he thinks to himself, he returns the dip with one of his own Thank you. She admits that it is news to her that he is the new King, and asks when the switch had happened. No surprise there, I became the king only a few days ago. He was new, no doubt, but he was no stupid horse, he had a vision for Loess and he was going to accomplish it.

He is lost in his own thoughts and focuses back in on the conversation when Solace speaks again. She admits it is best to be on good terms with your neighbors but than asks what his plans are for the kingdom. Her hip cocks, SHE MOVES! He laughs on the inside, she may not show emotion but she is comfortable around him. That is a pretty hard question, I think that plans are always adjustable. At this point in time I plan to build a kingdom that is strong on loyalty, each horse will have a place in the kingdom and work hard to make us one of the strongest in Beqanna. His head raises slightly, proud of his vision, of course he planned to become acquaintances with his other neighbors Sylva, but that is still an idea. Regardless of my intentions, If we were to hold an alliance together we ask for Hyalines strength if we ever need, as Loess would be there in return. Also both kingdoms would agree to not steal or challenge one another. They were pretty basic guidelines, it would be much easier to be at peace with both his neighboring kingdoms rather than having distrust.

Solace

There is something below the surface, a nameless quality, which keeps her on edge. That instinct, paired with the looming question of Castile's role (or his lack of a role) in this, prevent Solace from lowering her careful guard. There are far too many unanswered questions. 

Arthas seems to try and muddy the waters further, providing Solace with politicians response to her question - lengthy but lacking in true substance and information. Loyalty and Strength are the words which stand out to her as he speaks, and she wonders how to best discover if he possesses either of the qualities.

"You have given me much to think about Arthas." Her voice is smooth and low as she takes a stride forward despite the leering glint in his eyes and her own reservations.  "As you suggested, no steals or challenges will take place between our kingdoms for the next year." Now that they stand only a pace apart, and her chin rises to the height of his own. "After that... well, I guess we will just have to reconvene," with this last phrase she adds a coy smile - let him intemperate that as he may for it doesn't last long before she returns to her more serious tone. 

"But as a ruler yourself, I'm sure you will understand when I say that I first must speak with my advisers before I can agree on any terms beyond those. As a Sanctuary, Hyaline is not quick to give out promises of military backing."

Then the pale mare is stepping past him, removing herself from his personal space and taking several strides across the stony earth before she looks back. "Thank you for coming here today. I appreciate that you took the time to inform me of these changes. I hope that we will continue to see eye-to-eye in the future." 

caretaker of hyaline

Solghostdoll2