• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Faulkor

Trekori

i'm freezing, it's not winter yet
    but my fingers and toes
    are shivering beneath these sheets
    and i feel so alone
    i don't want to die, i want to sleep

Despite my newfound fealty to the secret Ischian brotherhood, I cannot help but to bend to the insatiable need for travel and discovery. Perhaps it's a genetic predisposition, considering the heavily nomadic natures of both my parents - and look at all my siblings. It would seem that the only place that ever captures our attention is Ischia, and even then, our activity is questionable at best. So far I've done the best job with reliability (Nihlus goes off to screw a new boytoy every other week, and as far as I know, Takei is still just settling in), but hell, if I want to fly somewhere, I damn well will.

From Ischia, the journey to the forest is barely a journey at all; a short flight over the bay and I'm there. My pale golden wings bring me on a smooth descension until I stand among the many shadowed trees of this land, the end of my gnarled horn glowing obscenely. How I'd like for that little thing to just chill sometimes; but no, I'm doomed to walk around like a glowstick, as Andulvar would affectionately have it. I smile at the thought of the stallion, and shake my head almost sternly at some familiar looking mushrooms I spot on the forest floor. Not today, my magical friends. Not today.

Huffing, I give my wings a great stretch before shuffling them to my side. Blinking my purple eyes, I turn my head from side to side before deciding to sniff around the caves that line this area. For a while, my snuffling nose is all the can be heard, and I lose myself to simple thoughts, enjoying the afternoon for it's natural tranquility.

Snap.

My head bounces to attention at the sound, ears perked and nostrils flaring as I scrutinize the dim forest for the source of the sound. "Hello?" Comes my voice, forced deeper by my slight alarm; the feathers on my back ruffle defensively, lending me the illusion of largeness. "Who's there?"

@[Faulkor]