• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

heir of fire and ash [any]
    Byrne
    The days passed uneventfully enough. He explored, got into trouble, made new discoveries... but it was all beginning to seem a bit mundane. He was becoming restless, as young boys tend to do when left to their own devices. To be fair, he was enamored with the volcano, and was terribly excited every time it coughed or hiccuped its rotten-smelling smoke into the air high above. He never saw the lava, but he could feel the heat of it far beneath as it bubbled and boiled deep within the earth. He spent most of his time on its ledges and within its caves. He wanted to be close to that heat.

But these adventures were lonesome, ultimately. Most of Tephra's residents did not share his same obsession. At least he rarely ran into any of them up on the slopes. And with his mom usually called away on her trips, and his father occupied elsewhere as well, he wasn't sure who else he should attempt to socialize with (besides his sister, who he wasn't entirely sure of yet). So he decides his best bet to combat the loneliness is to descend to the flat beach area of the island. He has seen horses coming and going down here from his vantage point on high, so it stands to reason that he should bump into someone today. His pale sabino pelt blends in with the sand around him, the flame of his mane and tale nothing more than a ghostly pale flicker. This, along with the fact that he is still rather small, means that he does not make much of an impact on the beach. Unaware of this, he scrambles about, chasing sea birds to pass the time. Hopefully he'll find a more willing playmate on this excursion. 
    Heir of Fire and Ash

Byrne is bored :3

Be more careful Zain... Don't kill the plants Zain... Stay away from the lava you'll burn your face off Zain...

Blah. Blah. Blah. "Yes mother!" I call as my hooves dig into the sands of the beaches.  Leaving her to graze uon the sea grasses, I head for adventure.  Why eat when there are sooo many better things to do?!

It doesn't take long for me to find entertainment.  Little sand crabs scurry for saftey as they find my hooves stomping down at them.  With a devious cackle, I eye them, "Run for your pathetic lives!" One by one my hooves stomp down upon the rocks and eventually I hear a crackle-squish.  My face jerks skyward as I make an evil laugh, "Mwahahhaa." I lift my hoof to expose the remnants of the crab.  It's limbs still twitching as I lower my nose to the ground.  Crimsion eyes take in the sight and then, I am bored again.

A noise comes from behind me, so I turn my bay molted body to find another walking down the beaches.  I had yet to meet many inhabitants of the isles but this one I recognized.  We shared bloodlines and his mother had saved mine from certain death.  This day just keeps getting better! 

I call out his name to grab his attention.  Byrne was always good for causing mischief.  "Byrne!" I yell into the breeze, my dark tail whipping happily.  Now it was time for some real fun! 

Zain
    ReBeL jUsT fOr KiCkS

@[Byrne] hope you don't mind if they know each other.  Figured they would since they are related and parents are close Smile