• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood || Any
    All she can muster for the moment is a nod in the golden mare's direction. While the mare offered no name those shinning blue eyes were familiar and kind, so Lamb steps forward and sucks in a breath.

"I would enjoy that greatly. Thankyou."

It is a harsh whisper, her voice. It didn't ring as musically as it should have, or sound nearly as pleasant as it did mere days ago. Dark lashes fall over her face as another approaches them, a girl, robed in ebony feathers. She is the opposite of Lavendel's somber appearance, she was what Lamb was working towards again. Despite it all Lamb pulls a smile because happiness was contagious no matter what the circumstances.

"Hello darling girl, I am Lavendel. What might your name be?"

She avoids the first question for now because another approaches then. He (like the first equine) is golden and light. Had all the horses in Hyaline been touched by the sun? Though as he comes closer her smile falters and the reality of what was to come for them all set in once more. She had met him before, in a happier time. The sneaking suspicion is confirmed only when he speaks her name.

"Svedka?"

It is a whisper as she looks between the two before her. The mare's eyes had been familiar because they held the same twinkling as her twin's. With a shuddering intake she turns to the bright eyes of the girl beside her before returning her gaze to twin hues.

"While I am happy to see you Svedka, I only wish it could be upon happier circumstances." 

She cuts off before she can scream out. The matter was not one for children. There was no need to bring the innocent mind of a girl into the crippling case of reality. 

"I do apologize for arriving unannounced."

She turns to the mare as she speaks, for of course Lamb knew who she was. (It had been her job after all...though the realization hadnt quite come until now) There is not a hint of the diplomat she had been in the soft edges of her voice. It is simply the soundings of a friend worried for the future of the home they had left.  

"But I believe what I have to tell you may make up for such informality."
    [Image: lav_by_heyyou80-dc01t5i.png]
    L a v e n d e l

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood || Any - by Lavendel - 04-14-2018, 01:43 PM