• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Love looks not with the eyes[Porcia, Hestia]

Eros

Her visit to Sylva had just ended before hells' gates burst open.  He had promised to visit soon but he never thought his visit would be to seek refuge.  

It had been just before dusk when the darkness consumed the forest.  Sabra has just denounced her rule and within seconds creatures crawled from the shadows.  The wicked and twisted emerged to chase the good from the land.  Golden eyes viewed the once-queen taking to the skies.  Others fled on foot to the hills of Loess or valley of Hyaline.  He though knew nothing of these lands and honestly, his heart was in Nerine.  

Heavied frame moved quietly through the lands.  A slight brushing of his feathered limbs amongst the blades of grass was the only sounds he made.  Best not to bring attention to ones self.  The jounrey was a familiar one and so it went quickly.  Soon he could hear the gulls screeching overhead.  The crashing waves on rocky cliffs. God it sounded like home.

Once he found himself at the borders of the kingdom he halted.  Crown high and alert, he tossed his thick forelick from his view.  Releasing a deep call across the lands, a greeting and a name, "Hestia!" The sound of the dark queens name on his lips nearly causes his coat to stand on end, but he knew he must face her.  It was her kingdom after all and his acceptance here must come from more than just his wants...

Unconditional Love

@[Hestia] @[Porcia] throwing in @[Nymf] too.  I'm perfectly fine if he has to do some sort of test to be accepted too Smile
    Porcia

The members of Nerine were given the heads up about Ischia overthrowing the queen, So when it actually happened Porcia was not surprised, although it was rumored that Sylvas leader abandoned the kingdom to a nut. It honestly just made her want to be apart of the elite spys that much more.

It had been a while since she last saw Rome or Hestia, she knew they were busy and she filled her time with her diplomatic duties. She was working hard to prove herself, and to get a promotion in the kingdom.She was about to exit the kingdom to look for members to recruit when she heard another yell out for Hestia. She tilts her head with curiosity, normally she would not pry in her Queens business but the voice was familiar. Eros? his name slipped through her lips and she quickly paced towards his voice.

It was not long before he was in her view, a smile tugged at her lips as the gold and black stag grew near. He finally took her up on her offer to visit Nerine. Perhaps he would stay....with Sylva and all.... Eros! she called out, stopping a few paces from him. What brings you to Nerine?! She smiles and looks around Taking me up on that visit offer? she teases. The rumors of Sylva were just that....rumors.....If it was true she would allow Eros to share the news with her. She looks off in the horizon to see if her ebony queen would appear, she missed her and hoped for her own sake to be in her company once more.

Tell Me Your Fate

Eros

It isn't long before his amber eyes view a black speck approaching upon the horizon.  His nerves begin to race the heart in his chest as he steadies himself on all four hooves.  Holding his head high in attempts to seem sure of himself.  Though it was just a front, he wasn't sure of much at the moment.  Other than wanting to be near others he knew.

As the dark splotch grows closer, he hears a familiar voice coming from the same direction.  His eyes squint to make out who it was but with another few strides he recognizes the ivory blanket of their pelt as Porcia.  Immediately he is relieved and a smile replaces the worried line of his lips. "Porcia! It's good to see you.  I was afraid you were... Well nevermind," he chuckles away his anxiety. 

His sooted ears twist to hear her speak and he is glad to know she hadn't lost her sense of humor.  "I'm afraid I've come to seek residency.  Just after you left, the land fell into darkness.  Sabra wished to move on... To better things I hope," he informs her.  He was unaware of the why's and how's so he would just leave it at that. "I was hoping to catch your ruler to see if perhaps I may stay here... It seems like an ok place.  It reminds me of home," his eyes shift to the lands, "Is... Hestia around? I don't want to intrude and if this is a bad time I...I could come back another time.  I'd hate to step on toes, as I'm sure you remember she wasn't exactly welcoming of my sight before..." A nervous chuckle finds him as his gaze looks back to the young women.  Obviously he was referring to their first meeting in the forest...

Unconditional Love

@[Porcia] @[Hestia]
    Porcia
    Her hazel eyes looked at him with pain, not only has his leader abandoned him, her home has been taken over. So the rumors are true....Sabra abandoned the kingdom and Sylva has been taken over. Eros asks if he could be a resident in Nerine and a smile appears on her maw once more. EROS!! We would love to have you be a resident! Of course she speaks from her heart, she remembers the last encounter the three had together. But surely Hestia could not say no, Porcia would have to beg for him to stay.

Porcia extends out her muzzle and nuzzles Eros shoulder, I am truly sorry about your kingdom....I hope that Sylva falls into good hands. She adds the last part knowing damn well the rumors are it has not, if it was why would he be looking for a new kingdom? She knew that Hestia had gone to Ischia.....to see the overthrowing in flesh and blood, she still did not understand why they supported Brennen, but I guess that may be something she will never know. Alas she trusts Hestia, and surely the ebony mare had the best interest in mind for her residents of Nerine.

Hestia should be returning soon, last I heard she was out on a mission of some sort? She shrugs, not a hundred percent sure. I am so glad that my fluffy friend has decided to stay! She jokes nudging his shoulder, Nerine was growing to be more and more the perfect home. Rome decided to reside in Nerine and now Eros. I have so much of the kingdom to show you! She laughs and prances forward a few steps Come on! We will run into Hestia sooner or later she was so excited, she did not want to waste any daylight.

Tell Me Your Fate

OOC: I figure you can post if you want, or wait for Tiny to post and Hestia can run into them :p

@[Eros] @[Hestia]

She hears a voice, one she isn’t all that familiar with, but it triggers something. It reminds her of someone. Hestia isn’t sure where she can place it, but she knows that voice faintly. Slowly she comes from her sleep in the caves. Alone. Again. Never alone Hestia, Oblivion’s sickening words creep through her mind. She snarls her displeasure at the creature. Her ears pinning back to her skull Shut the fuck up, the words drip hate from her lips as they do from her mind to his, and a laugh burns out from him. It’s disturbing how emotionless it is. How very demonic Oblivion is.

She shakes out her mane and any of the remaining fog of her sleep from her head. Disgruntled from the disturbing creature at her side, who’s every breath can be heard from the flapping of it’s scarred cartilage that had been bit and ripped at it’s birth. She can’t hate Oblivion as much as she wants to. She fears what it might do to Porcia if given the chance.

She’d gotten back late in the night from the settling of the voting. Very few were upset with the shift in leadership. It was just as Hestia thought, something was off in Ischia and she finds herself glad of the decision she made. Others may not see what she does, but her reasons are her own, and now she is certain of the path they follow. She is yet to be made aware of the other changes in Beqanna, and has spent the morning hours drifting in and out of restless sleep.

Leaving the comfort of the cave is easy as it is empty harsh and cold without the warmth of another to be by her side. One in particular that she often finds herself thinking of causes an ache to form in her chest that Hestia finds to be more disturbing than Oblivion. All in all the black mare is not happy right now and everything is irritating to her. Could she not have five minutes to lay her head for a rest in the very least? Climbing up the path though she spots a bouncing black and white filly whom she is all too familiar with. Her ruffled feathers are soothed to some degree, and she approaches the two slowly.

On seeing him she remembers, and her lips press together thinning. Something about him… Even if it’s only his fear of her, it makes her suspicious of him. Her green eyes slit slightly saying nothing but reaching out to greet the gleeful girl she’s come to think of as a daughter. Porcia, the name is spoken as warmly as the PO’ed queen can muster. Though there is a tiredness in how her head doesn’t lift all the way, and her eyelids make the green of her eyes look dull and slightly grumpy. She sizes him up, her mouth hardens not to make some snarky comment just to send him running scared out of her borders. For Porcia’s sake she would try to be nice.

HESTIA

The devil whispered in my ear, you’ll never survive the storm
    I whispered back, I am the storm

@[Eros] @[Porcia]
    [Image: 345k45w.jpg]
    Porcia
    It is like she talks Hestia into existence, the ebony mare appears shortly after Porcia mentions the queen. Although her demeanor is different, she seems much more irritated than Porcia has ever seen her. She quickly glances at Eros well this is bad timing she thinks to herself. She glances back to her queen and she has found herself a spot by the pair. She glares at Eros, her gaze speaks for her. She greets Porcia, not even mentioning the golden stag.

She laughs out of awkwardness she looks back and forth between the two before settling on Hestia Hello Hestia! she offers a smile hoping to be able to relieve some of her frustrations. You remember Eros? He has come looking for a home.... she pauses. Has she heard of Sylvas demise? That there queen up and left them, for an evil entity to take over. A free for all, pushing helpless equines out of the only home they knew.  With everything that happened in Sylva...yanno... she leaves it at that, if she has not heard of Sylva she will ask.

She looks to Eros, flicking her eyes at Hestia quickly before returning to him if anything to gesture he talks to Hestia. She sure could be intimidating, and if Hestia was unpleasant with Porcia as she was Eros she would probably be afraid of the queen. Of course the worse that could happen was Hestia says he could not stay here, Porcia would help him though. She could not let her friend live in fear, without a home to call his own.

Tell Me Your Fate

@[Eros] @[Hestia] this is poop

Eros

He was grateful that Porcia had happened upon him first.  It would ease his worry some to have another here when Hestia was to arrive.  When Porcia comments on Sylva falling into good hands, his light expression dims.  In his heart he knew this was not true and as he is about to express his concerns, she is off again.  Inviting him on a tour.  He musters a smile before declining the offer kindly, "I think it'd be best if we..." He doesn't get a chance to finish as a rough voice calls Porcia's name.

A dark form strides closer and his heart pounds within his ears.  The stonic look upon the rulers face reaffirms his position to remain at the borders until Hestia arrives.  Porcia though, in her usual manner, attempts to turn the sour situation sweeter with her charm.  When she mentions his need for residency and the events in Sylva, along with an urging look, he clears his throat. "Yes.  I'm afraid Sylva has fallen into the hands of madness.  A dark creature and his minions swept in before the throne was cold, I'm afraid.  I, along with the few that called it home, fled," he states matter of factly. His golden eyes finding the dark ruler still staring upon him. He continues, "Nerine is the only other place I know... So I am asking for your permission to call it home?" A deep breath draws in throw his sooty nares, as his focus remains on Hestia...  

Unconditional Love

@[Hestia] @[Porcia]
    The sound of voices drew Nymf out of her hiding place within the cave. She'd get to meet the mare who stood beside Hestia, though her voice's excited edge was not lost to Nymf's ears. Ears pricked forward she strained to see around the two mare's and was surprised to see Eros among them. Though the two had met on several occasions and she was still getting to know him, there was something in the way that he held himself that struck her as odd. 

Leaving the shadows of her den she approached them. Though unsure of what she could offer to their conversation, she lingered on the outskirts straining to catch the tidbits of their conversation. Eros was looking for a new home - Sylva had fallen into the hands of a new ruler. Beqanna was changing once more. 

Nymf wasn't sure how she felt about the changes she heard whispered upon the wind. High above she flew above the land and watched - searching for the alterations that were sure to arise in time.

She felt too vividly the pain that Eros felt. There's been a time or two when she liked to think that one day she would join him in Sylva. The reality of his existence in Nerine, however, changed something within her. 

There was a pressure behind the reality of having to see him almost daily now. Almost, as if, she was being forced to acknowledge the budding feelings within her. Feelings she'd thought had died with Seb. It terrified her to have to face the reality of her confusion. 

Boldly now, she drew alongside Eros, gently touching the velvet of her nose against his shoulder. The gesture almost felt out of place given the current circumstances, still, she wanted to offer him whatever comfort she could. 

"Eros," she spoke his name softly, barely above a whisper. "I'm sure Nerine would be glad to have you..."

She let her voice trail off, leaving her uncertainty hidden from him. Her eyes fell upon Hestia. She was not an unjust ruler and Nymf knew that the mare would do what she felt was right. Eros would have a new home.

Hestia’s ears flick to Porcia at the nervous laugh and her gut coils around itself hating that she is causing the girl discomfort. Her bright greeting is soothing, even if nothing can pull her completely from this dark mood that has been consuming her through the summer months. She doesn’t ask, only gives him a look that shouts. Explain. He is quick to do so, and it’s his saving grace that he does. She remains silent still cautiously looking him over.

There isn’t time for much more when another familiar face shows up. Damn you’re popular with my ladies. It’s all she can manage to think of with the sudden show of support for him being accepted into Nerine. She isn’t one to let weakness in her borders though. They are a strong people and she seeks out strength. Currently she sees none in him. Yet how can she say this without hurting these tenderhearted females. They are no sanctuary kingdom. They do not take in the broken and soft and let them stay that way. Nerine is a place for fighters or those wanting to become fighters. People who can stand up to her and tell her their opinion without fear of the backlash they may receive.

Him… she almost wants to laugh, in fact she is pretty sure if she lit up, as she is prone to do, he’d piss himself from fear. Nymf is quick to assure him. And Hestia stands there is in complete surprise, even if she doesn’t show it. How do I know you are not a spy? The question though not spoken with anger isn’t friendly either. As gentle and lyrical as her voice is it can have a cold tone to it when needed. Now it’s on a line, neutral, but it can’t be mistaken for anything more than that.

There are ways he can prove himself. The queen is pretty sure that she will make him do something for that purpose. Not out of spite, but from her lack of trust. He may have Nymf and Porcia on his side, but she knows Porcia to be innocent and slightly naïve to the darkness around her. One of the reasons she’s endeared herself to Hestia. She also knows Nymf to be a slightly timid creature. They are the gentleness of Nerine. She accepts them for their strength of will, and the ease with which they make conversation. She knows their strengths lay in these, but it could also be their weakness. Seeing the best in others is not always a good thing. Neither is seeing only the darkness in others either. But that is what makes Nerine strong. The extent of the diversity that lives here and all of them willing to speak their minds to her. She doesn’t see Eros as one who will speak his mind.

HESTIA

The devil whispered in my ear, you’ll never survive the storm
    I whispered back, I am the storm

@[Eros] @[Porcia] @[Nymf]
    [Image: 345k45w.jpg]

Eros

The words he spoke flow freely and without hesitation.  Stating true events and not speculation.  He never assumed and did not force his opinion on others.  Some may resort to white lies or tall tales but he saw no purpose in fictional creations.  So when she is questioning his position as a possible spy, his muscles grow tense.  A shift in his weight from one hip to both may make his irritation known.  Golden eyes look more intensively at the dark ruler.  His voice clears to become more firm, "I have no reason to be a spy.  What purpose would that serve me?  I have no home.  No allegiances." With a slight rise of his head and flick of his thick tail, he hadn't heard Nymf approach.  It is only the soft touch and whisper of her words that make her soft presence known to him.  

Suddenly the rigidness of his form melts away.  His golden eye views her under a mask of ebony forelock briefly.  He wishes to smile at her.  To embrace her in greeting but he was in no position at this time to do so.  Only a slight nod of his large head suggests his appreciation of her appearance.  

His focus shifts back to Hestia with intention, "I am fully prepared to earn your trust in whatever way suits your liking." If proof is what she required, proof is what he'd give... 

Unconditional Love

@[Hestia] @[Porcia] @[Nymf]