• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I Was Lightning Before the Thunder {KINGDOM ANNOUNCEMENT}
    Brick 

The slight agitation of the male was warranted.  Silver-hazel eyes watch as the muscles of the stallion jaw tighten and slightly he is pleased.  When the male does speak, he isn't surprised that they are semi-hostile.  He supposed Krone had confided in this stranger and thus knew of the past.  Shameful as it may be, he looks down upon the stallion waiting for him to finish.  

A name finally is released and he puts it to memory. “Well Durotan, I must thank you for getting them here safely,” he says sincerely.  Another nod of his crown is granted to the murky stallion before him.  He continues, “I had to tend to some unfinished business.” His head turns slightly to better view Krone.  He hoped Kylin would arrive safely and soon but he was unsure.  Just as unsure of whether Sabra would join them or not.  For Kwartz sake he hoped she would.  He needed his mother.

His thoughts are soon interrupted by incoming wingbeats and then hoof.  A form is quickly coming upon them and he steps forward from Krones side to meet the stranger head on.  Lavender ears twist back as he stands ready for whatever this meeting would result in, be it hostile or friendly.  He watches as the navy tipped equine slows and halts before him.  Uncertainty is written across both of their expressions but the tension held in the muscles of his neck loosen as he speaks a greeting.  Followed by a question he is eager to answer.

His head dips to the ruler before he addresses the issues at hand, “I am afraid our presence here is one of need, for each of us Warrick.  Please gather your people, for everyone should hear what I have to say.  It is of great urgency…”

He waits.  Allowing the kingdom to gather ‘round.  His voice clears and then he addresses them, “People of Tephra, Beqanna has fallen into dark times.  Sylva has been taken over by the damned.  Their leader, Morty, had attempted to kill my children.  I wouldn't put it past him to try again.  Ischia, our home, was ripped from under our hooves.  Those we thought were loyal to our cause in Ischia, were not.  They were biding their time and when we were vulnerable they took our home from us.  They call themselves ‘the brotherhood’, led by Brennen...” He pauses to allow the information to sink in.  His head turns to view those that had come, “We are here to seek refuge, yes but with cause.  There will no longer be a lull in Beqanna.  We must work together to strengthen our borders.  To protect our families and our values.  We can grow stronger but only if we are united as one kingdom, one family.”

His attention returns to Warrick, their chosen leader, “I trust you are up to this task of leading us through these dark times.  I would be honored to serve as would my family.  My daughter Karat, would you take her under your wing and teach her the ways of a great leader.  My son, Kromium, has great powers.  Far beyond my expertise.  Perhaps you have someone in your ranks that can train him in the art of battle.  As for me, I will guard these lands from the evil that is sure to try leaking into our midst.”  His silver eyes narrow upon the overseer, “Do we have an accord?” Metal clanks as his body shifts as he settles before the winged stallion.  Eagerly awaiting his family's fate.

Klaudius
    I was lightning, before the thunder

@[Warrick] apparently he likes being center of attention XD who knew?!!  If I need to change something let me know but I think this is in the parameters of what we talked about Smile

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I Was Lightning Before the Thunder {KINGDOM ANNOUNCEMENT} - by Klaudius - 04-15-2018, 02:09 PM